18 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Excellent review of the Legioss, definitely puts this toy into perspective! 

Great review, thanks for sharing! :)

The pragmatist in me thinks a lot of the issues can be fixed by just paying attention to details. Screw holes could easily be plugged, dies can be "massaged" for better parts-fit in key areas, the sequence of assembly and painting can be altered. Paint apps can be improved, and plastics can be changed. A much better product can be had by tweaking just a few little things; no need for major (expensive) re-tooling.

Also, while it would likely come at the cost of transformation, these can be customized and repainted just like Valks. Lots of potential for someone who's not afraid of a fixer-upper.

Been following this thread for a while, hoping this would be something amazing.  After all, the Mospeada designs are what brought me to this site in the first place, specifically the Cap's huge and astonishingly well-done "big" Legioss he created many years ago. 

But since I first became a member here, and started my toy collection (a Bandai 1/55 'Origin of Valkyrie' Super VF-1A Hikaru) Mospeada has lost a lot of its original gleam for me.  Not sure what it is but I'm leaning toward how much better engineered all the current series' mecha seems to be.  There's always been something that caught my eye about the Legioss (or the 'Alpha' as I originally knew it) but it was always totally wrecked when it was translated into toy form.  Legs were too massive to hide in fighter, the arms too boxy...

I think as cool as this effort is by ET, the physics just aren't on the side of a physical representation of this thing as a toy.  Well not yet at least.  I must say though, that I'm glad ET had a stab at this and even more glad that folks more die-hard than I am are continuing to keep ventures like this running.  I hope we get more in the future.

Edited by mickyg

Well after watching the Anymoon review, I went from possibly getting all of them to maybe just getting the red version. And I'll wait on a discount for the red version too since they are too cheap to release it with Rook's cyclone. Seriously, I can't believe they just made some dark colored cyclones. If they can't make a tiny version of Rook's cyclone, I'm not sure they will fix the issues with the Alpha. That bending in fighter mode is upsetting. Also other small issues that shouldn't be there on a toy this high priced. I'm not even a expert toy designer and would have fixed some of those issues before release. Yes this still seems like the best version but it just needed a few more tweaks to be really good. It comes off as passable until the next company tries in the future.

Here's hoping that the bikes turn out ok next month and they can confirm a Rook version. That would be a good start to the year.

11 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Great review Jenuis.  Really liking the new high quality videos!  Sad that the ET Legioss just wasn't quite the Legioss we were all looking for...:ph34r:

Hopefully you are about to see a big bump in production quality! Unfortunately, I have to learn some new software and a new camera so it might cause a delay... but my reviews have never been timely :).

I haven't seen the Zeta appear on most the retailers I normally go to (CDJ, NY, HobbySearch) so I wonder if it didn't go to "order stop" at HLJ while they wait for ET to make an official announcement OR while ET reconsiders their release schedule.

Edited by jenius

10 hours ago, jenius said:

I haven't seen the Zeta appear on most the retailers I normally go to (CDJ, NY, HobbySearch) so I wonder if it didn't go to "order stop" at HLJ while they wait for ET to make an official announcement OR while ET reconsiders their release schedule.

That's actually a really good point, when HLJ & the other shops do put it up for PO, it will be interesting to see how fast it sells out. 

On 12/20/2017 at 10:17 AM, 505thAirborne said:

That's actually a really good point, when HLJ & the other shops do put it up for PO, it will be interesting to see how fast it sells out. 

BBTS preorder is up.

On 12/3/2017 at 4:00 AM, RavenHawk said:

I will defer to you on this, sir, as:

a) I haven't assembled my Aoshima/Imai ride armors or my Aoshima motoslaves yet; and

b) I was mainly basing my statement on a picture that you posted a little while back (attached below), so you will definitely know better than I.

Good news, my friend!  :D

Having completed rough assembly on both kits, I can now confirm the Imai 1:12 Mospeada bikes scale perfectly with Aoshima's 1:12 Moto-slave.

bikes_scale.jpg.1f04346f9bc4e759d48ace74e5044150.jpg

Aoshima's Priss figure (above right) is clearly too small, as previously noted; however, we don't need her.

5a3d21c5addbd_one-twelfthhardsuits.thumb.jpg.d524e6b2ed2e36ca2ba01feb3a293c6c.jpg

Atelier-Sai already released a proper 1:12 scale Priss in hardsuit, pre-painted and fully-articulated.

5a3d21c7e875b_Atelier-Saitotherescue.thumb.jpg.0706829c8725a1b05db259d04b1d3809.jpg

Even mounted on the bike, Atelier-Sai's figure looks much better... so much so, in fact, that I might get three more of Aoshima's Moto-slaves, and paint one up for each of their "S.M.S." Knight Sabers figures.  ^_^

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Even mounted on the bike, Atelier-Sai's figure looks much better... so much so, in fact, that I might get three more of Aoshima's Moto-slaves, and paint one up for each of their "S.M.S." Knight Sabers figures.  ^_^

That's pretty cool, I haven't seen this comparison until now.  By any chance, can the Atelier Sai Priss WEAR the Aoshima Motoslave?

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Good news, my friend!  :D

Having completed rough assembly on both kits, I can now confirm the Imai 1:12 Mospeada bikes scale perfectly with Aoshima's 1:12 Moto-slave.

bikes_scale.jpg.1f04346f9bc4e759d48ace74e5044150.jpg

Aoshima's Priss figure (above right) is clearly too small, as previously noted; however, we don't need her.

5a3d21c5addbd_one-twelfthhardsuits.thumb.jpg.d524e6b2ed2e36ca2ba01feb3a293c6c.jpg

Atelier-Sai already released a proper 1:12 scale Priss in hardsuit, pre-painted and fully-articulated.

5a3d21c7e875b_Atelier-Saitotherescue.thumb.jpg.0706829c8725a1b05db259d04b1d3809.jpg

"Friend"? Friend? What kind of a friend would so thoroughly convince me that I now have to go out and buy the Atelier Sai figures, too???? :p

Thank you so much for posting these pics. They look gorgeous! Now i'm REALLY looking forward to assembling both sets of bikes and figures!

So, it looks like I'll use the Aoshima figures for when I want the hardsuit inside of the moto-slave, but I'll need to pick up some Atelier Sai figures for the "on the bike" and "standing imposingly next to the bike" display. I am seriously kicking myself for all those times I saw the Atelier Sai figures for sale for reasonable prices and used my self control to say "Don't buy it. It doesn't have a moto-slave." It looks like they've become quite hard to find in the intervening years.

BTW, on a bit of a tangent, how did you take these pics? What do you use for a base and backdrop? I really like the metallic background and surface you're using.

* edited to try to make sure I was kidding around at the beginning *

Edited by RavenHawk

35 minutes ago, CoryHolmes said:

I must be one of the few lucky ones out there with an excellent MPC Alpha.  Nothing's fallen off, nothing has crumbled, nothing has snapped.

That is some amazing luck. All of my MPC Alpha's have bad hands. I have x2 Scott's, x1 Shadow and x1 Maia from SC (with the Maia being the worst QC of them all). Beta's are solid as a rock! 

All four of my MPCs remained intact up until the time I sold them in mid-2015. I dodged the bullet on the crumbling hand issues for the first three completely (the hands weren't an issue on the fourth-release Shadow fighter as they were of different design and material), and was generally lucky enough not to have any durability issues myself. The person who bought my Green alpha wasn't as lucky though, as he reported that the arm was broken when he took it out of the box.

As for me the toynami score is as follows:

blue - arm fell off at shoulder, replacement still ok 

red - leg fell off at hip, replacement still ok 

green - both hands fell apart, don’t feel like replacing it

shadow - so far no issues 

I leave the replacements in my display cabinet and dont touch them. 

I thought mine was fine, but just checked the boxes out of curiosity (only keep bikes/ride armors/moto-slaves/etc. on display). Found two blue Alphas. I had forgotten that my first one (bought new) had a broken arm, and then I got a used one to keep one in each mode).

On 30/11/2017 at 5:35 AM, Tober said:

How well are the ET Legioss selling? It appears they are doing better than the VF-2SS. There will only be large discounts if there is large excess stock - which HLJ is known to carry, but after the VF-2SS... they might not have that much.

It's also possible that the Iota will be an exclusive. Just speculating.

Looks like HLJ is out of stock of ET's Legioss ETA. :unsure:

On 12/23/2017 at 2:44 AM, RavenHawk said:

What kind of a friend would so thoroughly convince me that I now have to go out and buy the Atelier Sai figures, too?

Sorry, it never occurred to me that a Bubblegum Crisis fan such as yourself wouldn't already have them...  

It's not like there's a lot of competing BGC product, after all.  :p

On 12/23/2017 at 2:44 AM, RavenHawk said:

BTW, on a bit of a tangent, how did you take these pics? What do you use for a base and backdrop? I really like the metallic background and surface you're using.

It's a glass table I bought from a second-hand furniture shop a few years back:

glasstable.jpg

The background is just a large sheet of "Ultra White" photography studio paper.

11 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

Are all these awful QC problems inherent in the Alpha design, seeing as Evo Toys is having troubles as well, or is just using a cheap manufacturing facility to do the work?

Crap factory, just like Toynami's.  <_<

Off topic I know, but it's a shame that those A. S. BSG figures are the Tokyo 2040 Hardsuits only. Got a few ideas for modding the kit figure to proper size and proportions though so hopefully that works out.

* Correction it's not the Tokyo 2040 suit it's the Bubblegum Crash suit.

Edited by Chas

NO NO NO!!! I cant believe this!

I was late coming to the Beagle/toynami party and could never find one at a decent price and now I'm late AGAIN!!! NOOOOOO! :(:(
Pre orders all over seem to be closed and with that orders even. I Must get my hands on a Stig... it seems like I can get one from BBTS, but never ordered from them, how is their service? and shipping? bare in mind that im in South Africa (yes yes, ass end of the planet) or does anyone have a spare that they ordered that wouldn't mind helping a poor soul out.

on another note, there are only 2 things that bug me about the "re-imagining" of the mospeada...
1. the fact that stig does not have his targeting computer, I'm pretty sure it would have been very easy to add it but then again that depends on how much space there is in the chest cavity, it they wanted it to not be a clip on as a extra loose piece

2. someone mentioned it earlier, the fact that there is a mud guard only on the front wheel. again, one could have easily been added for the rear as well and would have looked awesome and balanced. could have even been a full hugger type or a tacked on type like the BMW R nine T has, with maybe making it a bit bigger than that to match the one on the front

2015-bmw-r-nine-t-cafe-racer-tail-gs-rea

^ Best advice would be to sign up for email notification at Nippon Yasan; that way you'll get an message when the Stig goes in stock, and you'll have a small window of opportunity to secure a copy at, or with a small mark-up over, the pre-order price.  I'm also pretty sure that, upon release, HLJ and CD Japan and some others will have additional inventory available; how long that inventory lasts is an unknown factor.  Also sign up for replies notification to this thread as members are bound to post links to online stores that have it available.

I wouldn't be too worried about your prospects to secure a copy -- this is no high demand Macross Bandai DX -- unless you're completely asleep at the switch or "off the grid" come end of January/beginning of February.

--//--

1.  First time I've noticed, and only because you've brought it up, that the targeting scope is absent, or at least not shown in any of the posted pictures that I've seen.

2.  The mudguard is easy:  That's how the illustration the toy is based on shows it... no rear wheel mudguard.  (Source material illustration may also be an explanation for #1.

Edit:  Cool Bimmer motorbike.

Edited by mechaninac

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

^ Best advice would be to sign up for email notification at Nippon Yasan; that way you'll get an message when the Stig goes in stock, and you'll have a small window of opportunity to secure a copy at, or with a small mark-up over, the pre-order price.  I'm also pretty sure that, upon release, HLJ and CD Japan and some others will have additional inventory available; how long that inventory lasts is an unknown factor.  Also sign up for replies notification to this thread as members are bound to post links to online stores that have it available.

I wouldn't be too worried about your prospects to secure a copy -- this is no high demand Macross Bandai DX -- unless you're completely asleep at the switch or "off the grid" come end of January/beginning of February.

--//--

1.  First time I've noticed, and only because you've brought it up, that the targeting scope is absent, or at least not shown in any of the posted pictures that I've seen.

2.  The mudguard is easy:  That's how the illustration the toy is based on shows it... no rear wheel mudguard.  (Source material illustration may also be an explanation for #1.

Edit:  Cool Bimmer motorbike.

I think i am already signed up on nippon yasan for the email notification... will go double check.
A friend of mine orders from them often and says that their service to South Africa is good, I don't know from personal experience as I have only ordered off HLJ myself (a Yamato VF-0S with a base stand)

The BMW R nine T is a awesome, super modular bike... I dont own one though, I ride something that, to me anyway, looks more like the Cyclone... a 2008 Z1000, had her for around 10 years now, roughly 100 300km on the clock, one owner :D

5a40f4a123626_Picture009.thumb.jpg.5e53c3d556d8f2a6bfb727373310051a.jpg

Well I opened my Christmas present Evolution Toys Legioss figure. Cockpit fell off as well one of the hands were broken. I have Toynami, Aoshima, and CM and while there were a lot of problems with them, I think this is the worst Mospeada figure I have ever seen. The tabs are terrible and it feels super cheap. Yes, I know some of you will disagree and remind me of how terrible the others could be, but for 300 dollars cost this is garbage. It definitely had potential and maybe Evolution Toys can make it right, but mine is heading back to HLJ.  

95A6A9C1-E1B2-4A71-8022-0319B3A0AC1A.jpeg

5C5D05ED-5CB7-4C6E-8C7D-AC3AA2B0176C.jpeg

2BD0F527-16FB-44A9-870E-EBD360F1BD07.jpeg

14FF5D2F-4284-4DDA-ABF3-FAB200B7888E.jpeg