I see great discounts in the future for the legioss, it is not a good product, not at least for a collectible figure of 230 dollars. Since they already have the mold and they just have to change their heads, I think the Zeta type is going to go out to the market, but it will surely be a failure in sales.

I might pick these up on a deeeeeeep discount somewhere in the future, sorry, not even going to think about pay asking price for something that looks like it should cost about $75 on a good day.   Plastic looks cheap as hell. Now, if you panel lined it, added some random 1/72 aircraft stickers or decals, weathered it a bit, flatcoated it, etc, maybe it would pass for a semi-nice display piece. Bummer though, I really was hoping and praying for something better than the Toynami's of old. This is definitely better, but only by a very, very small margin IMHO.

Edited by derex3592

How well are the ET Legioss selling? It appears they are doing better than the VF-2SS. There will only be large discounts if there is large excess stock - which HLJ is known to carry, but after the VF-2SS... they might not have that much.

It's also possible that the Iota will be an exclusive. Just speculating.

For a $250 toy Id have very high expectations I kind of appreciate the Knerdout review where as over-the-top it was- it was bluntly honest. there's a lot I could be doing with $250 instead of wasting it on something that's going to fall apart on me.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

18 hours ago, tekering said:

YouTube is full of amateurish crap like that, I'm afraid.  They obviously don't know what they're doing.  They mis-aligned the cockpit in Armo-Soldier mode, they mis-transformed the wings... hell, they can't even pronounce "Legioss."  <_<

Not as plastered as they appeared to be.

Still waiting for a professional reviewer (like Jenius at Anymoon.com) for a proper critique.

I've been watching KNERDOUT since their early video reviews and I think their opinions are quite valid for the things they discuss. I actually appreciate their format more than most reviewers who just go over the same routine of going over articulation, paint, sculpt, price, etc. Of course there will be some toys that they won't be completely knowledgeable about, but they do understand how a toy collector thinks and share their personal opinions as well, no matter how biased it may be. And since it's 2 guys, you're not just gonna get one opinion all the time as other reviewers. Sometimes they'll agree with each other, sometimes not. But that's what makes their reviews cool to watch.

6 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

So how would you people say this release is compared to the VF-2SS?  Is there an indication of improvement from Evo Toys or what?

No, they're obviously still using the same crap factory.  I don't expect any real improvement until they change factories.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:03 PM, RavenHawk said:

I got an email today that the new Aoshima ride armor models (a new run of their old ones, which I think were a re-run of the Imai models) are in at HLJ (and, for anyone who didn't preorder, they're listed as backordered now).

I got mine today, and was anxious to compare them to the original Imai releases:

5a21359283e9f_sameoldpackaging.thumb.jpg.c2ec7fb3035f9acc7f906cff5bf5bc56.jpg

The new boxes are a little smaller, but (apart from a few logo and typographical changes) the box art's the same.  After three decades and change, they still haven't learned how to spell "Borough Superior."

5a21358ff0631_significantdifferences.thumb.jpg.4c12d21098a20c2848809dca41650c24.jpg

Every sprue is identical to the original release, right down to the plastic color (except for the clear parts, which no longer have the blue tint to them).  The decals are likewise identical, save the color of the backing paper.  Even the instruction booklet's a carbon-copy of the original, and shows the sort of contrast degradation you get with a photocopy.

But wait, what's this?

booklet1.thumb.jpg.dcaa6233f061dd373ec72ee082268483.jpg

It's an entirely new insert, a booklet of animation model sheets.

booklet2.thumb.jpg.ac8d975bc00cfca5ad6eacfd2d308212.jpg

Nothing that hasn't been published before, mind you...

booklet3.thumb.jpg.9120e2df9283449d4d0f679e44ba4923.jpg

Surprisingly, they include images of the Bartley armor, which was never produced at this scale.

booklet4.thumb.jpg.3a07cfeffc703138dc14288662072a03.jpg

If you've got Mospeada Complete Art Works, there's nothing new here...

booklet5.thumb.jpg.994e9cc2079a69695abc372e1ce9abfa.jpg

In fact, I think all this line art was published by Palladium Books in their REF Field Guide as well.

booklet6.thumb.jpg.ea2b9c86f829ab5f29af7cbfc299a63c.jpg

Still, a pleasant surprise to find in the box!

booklet7.thumb.jpg.26d0fb560bd58d1ad19cba64ef88f620.jpg

If anyone wants one, they're welcome to mine.  I got three of 'em.  ^_^

Shame Nothing New with the kit bar the little booklet of already seen material.

Still anyone wanting these 1/12 kits won't have to pay through the nose with these rehashed kits.

Clear transparent parts are a Nice touch mind you.

5 hours ago, tekering said:

*snip*

But wait, what's this?

booklet2.thumb.jpg.ac8d975bc00cfca5ad6eacfd2d308212.jpg

booklet3.thumb.jpg.9120e2df9283449d4d0f679e44ba4923.jpg

Surprisingly, they include images of the Bartley armor, which was never produced at this scale.

booklet4.thumb.jpg.3a07cfeffc703138dc14288662072a03.jpg

booklet5.thumb.jpg.994e9cc2079a69695abc372e1ce9abfa.jpg

In fact, I think all this line art was published by Palladium Books in their REF Field Guide as well.

booklet6.thumb.jpg.ea2b9c86f829ab5f29af7cbfc299a63c.jpg

Nostalgia. Nice. Thanks for sharing, Tekering. ^_^ 

5 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Still No reviews or more updated in hand photos of the Sentinels Mospeada Riders yet??

No new photos as of this moment. And no reviews since it hasn't come out yet. Maybe one week or two weeks prior of its release date.

I was kind of hoping someone would have had their mits on One by now. I know production ones are scheduled late Jan 18. Still usually they have a test Sample to show. So more accurate than prototype for us buyers.

Still Jan Is just round the corner now lol

3 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

I was kind of hoping someone would have had their mits on One by now. I know production ones are scheduled late Jan 18. Still usually they have a test Sample to show. So more accurate than prototype for us buyers.

Still Jan Is just round the corner now lol

Don't lose hope. I'm pretty sure there's some members here that will post anything Mospeada related immediately if they see it online.

9 hours ago, tekering said:

No, they're obviously still using the same crap factory.  I don't expect any real improvement until they change factories.

I got mine today, and was anxious to compare them to the original Imai releases:

5a21359283e9f_sameoldpackaging.thumb.jpg.c2ec7fb3035f9acc7f906cff5bf5bc56.jpg

The new boxes are a little smaller, but (apart from a few logo and typographical changes) the box art's the same.  After three decades and change, they still haven't learned how to spell "Borough Superior."

5a21358ff0631_significantdifferences.thumb.jpg.4c12d21098a20c2848809dca41650c24.jpg

Every sprue is identical to the original release, right down to the plastic color (except for the clear parts, which no longer have the blue tint to them).  The decals are likewise identical, save the color of the backing paper.  Even the instruction booklet's a carbon-copy of the original, and shows the sort of contrast degradation you get with a photocopy.

But wait, what's this?

It's an entirely new insert,

I'll take one. Send me a pm.

14 hours ago, tekering said:

But wait, what's this?

Thank you for posting these. I ordered one of each, but mine are still at HLJ, waiting to get bundled with the Arcadia Garland.

Honestly, while I own all of that artwork already, anything vaguely "new" is a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a 100% identical reissue to the Imai ones.

My only disappointment (and it's minor, and no surprise, since I knew it beforehand from the Imai and Aoshima models I got on eBay) is that the Aoshima 1/12 ride armor isn't the same size as the Aoshima 1/12 motoslave.

11 hours ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Nice pictures, I also buy the reissues of Aoshima, even when I buy the reissues of Imai 2015 that came with the mini-figures of Yellow and Ley

imahhhges.jpg

Were those non-transforming?

I didn't know they came with mini-figures. Could you post some pics?

5 minutes ago, Drad said:

Holy cow, those look so awesome. Cap, those are beautiful!

Agreed. Too bad I suck at building as I'd get these if had the skills. Also props to the builder. :lol:  I heard he's getting /had gotten married too. Congrats.

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

man that kitchen counter sure does look familiar...:p:lol:  

Did you get Capt's legios too?

13 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

My only disappointment is that the Aoshima 1/12 ride armor isn't the same size as the Aoshima 1/12 motoslave.

I question your assumption, sir.  The 1/12 Aoshima Priss figure isn't to scale, but I believe the Motoslave bike is.  

I would provide proof, but I haven't assembled the kit yet...

3 hours ago, tekering said:

I question your assumption, sir.  The 1/12 Aoshima Priss figure isn't to scale, but I believe the Motoslave bike is.  

I would provide proof, but I haven't assembled the kit yet...

I will defer to you on this, sir, as:

a) I haven't assembled my Aoshima/Imai ride armors or my Aoshima motoslaves yet; and

b) I was mainly basing my statement on a picture that you posted a little while back (attached below), so you will definitely know better than I.

I actually prefer to display my figures/bikes based on figure scale, and not bike scale, since for some reason I'm more comfortable with bikes varying (and the Garland being a different size, apparently, scene-to-scene; even my own motorcycles in my garage are fairly different sizes). So, my 1/18 Mospeada figures stand alongside my 1/15 BGC figures and 1/15 MZ23 figures (though, admittedly, a hardsuit should add more size to a BGC figure than even a 1/18 scale would account for here).

anime_scale.thumb.jpg.3650696971210869d60ae3687b3421ce.jpg

20171202_140333.jpg

14 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I actually prefer to display my figures/bikes based on figure scale, and not bike scale, since for some reason I'm more comfortable with bikes varying (and the Garland being a different size, apparently, scene-to-scene; even my own motorcycles in my garage are fairly different sizes). So, my 1/18 Mospeada figures stand alongside my 1/15 BGC figures and 1/15 MZ23 figures (though, admittedly, a hardsuit should add more size to a BGC figure than even a 1/18 scale would account for here).

BGC and Megazone... that's some old school goodness there.

Which large green and blue BGC motoslave figures are those?

On 12/3/2017 at 1:28 AM, arbit said:

BGC and Megazone... that's some old school goodness there.

Which large green and blue BGC motoslave figures are those?

The motoslaves are all 1/15 Yamato ones. They're actually really nice, in my opinion, with a fun transformation and stand up as a toy and not just a showpiece.

The green and blue ones look kind of big, but they're exactly the same as the pink and red ones, just transformed and attached to their stands (optional, since they can stand on their own), so they're about an inch up in the air.

After spending a little more than a week with the Evolution Toys VF-2SS Sylvie, Nexx, and Faery, I finally opened up my ET Legioss. Of course I'm working now on a full review but I thought I'd just chime in with the first impression:

1) Better than the VF-2SS
2) Still waiting for a great Legioss toy

As a huge Legioss fan, there are already a lot of minor issues that frustrate me and what makes it worse is that it seems like any fan of the Legioss design that handled the CMs toys and the Toynami would know some easy mistakes to avoid.. but ET just steps right into them. For example, the front of the craft doesn't peg in securely enough to the body. This means that when it's sitting on its landing gear it bows making the chest very close to the ground when it should have much more clearance. I do love the comically huge gun though and the front landing gear LOOKs good, especially in comparison to those VF-2 landing gear.

The feet in fighter mode are an absolute "we give up" moment. Some day someone will figure out how to add some appropriate hinges and sliding mechanisms so those feet get to the right spot in fighter mode without looking too tiny in soldier mode. 

It's never a good sign that toys from this company are always jostled into terrible looking mistransformations during shipping with giant gaps that need to be pegged back in. Arcadia really spoiled me with VF-1 toys that look perfect in the box.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

After spending a little more than a week with the Evolution Toys VF-2SS Sylvie, Nexx, and Faery, I finally opened up my ET Legioss. Of course I'm working now on a full review but I thought I'd just chime in with the first impression:

1) Better than the VF-2SS
2) Still waiting for a great Legioss toy

As a huge Legioss fan, there are already a lot of minor issues that frustrate me and what makes it worse is that it seems like any fan of the Legioss design that handled the CMs toys and the Toynami would know some easy mistakes to avoid.. but ET just steps right into them. For example, the front of the craft doesn't peg in securely enough to the body. This means that when it's sitting on its landing gear it bows making the chest very close to the ground when it should have much more clearance. I do love the comically huge gun though and the front landing gear LOOKs good, especially in comparison to those VF-2 landing gear.

The feet in fighter mode are an absolute "we give up" moment. Some day someone will figure out how to add some appropriate hinges and sliding mechanisms so those feet get to the right spot in fighter mode without looking too tiny in soldier mode. 

It's never a good sign that toys from this company are always jostled into terrible looking mistransformations during shipping with giant gaps that need to be pegged back in. Arcadia really spoiled me with VF-1 toys that look perfect in the box.

This is worrying especially that bit about the bowing in fighter mode. I thought from the previous picture that we were in the clear. Perhaps it will just be the red version after all for me. Still looking forward to the review. Perhaps current interest will make Bandai or Arcadia give a try in the future?

1 hour ago, JetJockey said:

This is worrying especially that bit about the bowing in fighter mode. I thought from the previous picture that we were in the clear.

Well, mine's "in the clear," as it were:

requested.jpg

...which is more than I can say for my Aoshima, CMs, or Toynami birds.   <_<

Mine is in the clear... But it should be more in the clear but it's sagging right behind the cockpit because of the silly pegging method. It's also resting on the points of the rear landing gear doors and I'm afraid to open them any further to prevent that. A peg on the bottom of the head, or using the head as a peg, might have done the trick to prevent the core sagging. 

• azrael changed the title to Mospeada