Got mine today, I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first: 

same stress marks on the ankles and bent fin as Tekering.  

Hinge for the folding shoulder panel is broken off on one side.  

Inside of front landing bay door has some kind of brown smear on it.

Hands are straight up awful with removable fingers that don't stay on and when they ARE on the arm panels can't close fully (please tell me I'm doing something wrong)

The tiny hinged panels with a peg & hole that hold the legs together in fighter mode seem kind of poorly designed and I don't trust them to withstand much use.

The ratchet on the right 'boob' has too much play between teeth which can make for a 'saggy boob' at times.  

Plastic has that cheap almost polystyrene quality that doesn't instill confidence in a long life.

Now, good stuff:  

It looks amazing in all modes. Even the finish, while not as premium as Arcadia or Bandai, looks pretty nice when its on the shelf.

Fighter mode DOES hold together snugly enough for swooshing and barrel rolls, although it could still be improved

Articulation is plentiful and even the head has a wide range of motion.  Joints all feel robust enough where I have no worry about them failing.

Size is pretty much perfect, not to small and not too big.  

Paint is all very clean and neatly applied

Transformation isn't muddled by any kind of attempt to try something new, it's tried and true Legioss transformation which means its simple and it works

Despite what feels like cheap plastic, it does manage to feel solid enough in robot mode to invite handling and posing.  

Verdict?   I'm happy with it overall.  I was expecting much worse, and of course I would like it to be on an upper tier like Arcadia and Bandai toys but as Tekering said, it really is the best Legioss toy we've gotten so far (not saying much, I know).  That said, I would not recommend it AT ALL to the casual connoisseur.  If you have a mild interest, move along or wait for a super clearance sale.  If you desperately love the Legioss and are able to look past the shortcomings, I think you can find some satisfaction here.  

IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6780.JPG

IMG_6778.JPG

Edited by eriku

2 hours ago, eriku said:

Hands are straight up awful with removable fingers that don't stay on and when they ARE on the arm panels can't close fully (please tell me I'm doing something wrong)

You're doing something wrong.  :p

palm_up.thumb.jpg.c62bcbf3c0e43e41aac8c8677c094f88.jpg

Just rotate the hand at the wrist so that the palm faces up, and the panel will close over it with no problem.  :)

27 minutes ago, tekering said:

You're doing something wrong.  :p

palm_up.thumb.jpg.c62bcbf3c0e43e41aac8c8677c094f88.jpg

Just rotate the hand at the wrist so that the palm faces up, and the panel will close over it with no problem.  :)

Thanks, I had tried that but it didn't work. I tried again just now and found that it has to be in exactly the right position to work. If it's off even a hair to either side the panel won't close or will sheer the fingers off. Oh well, at least it's possible. :)

Are the fingers so loose on yours? I'm constantly having to pick up  the fingers because any movement of the hands makes them come off. I'm sorely tempted to just cut the peg off the palms and glue the fingers on. 

19 minutes ago, eriku said:

Are the fingers so loose on yours? I'm constantly having to pick up the fingers because any movement of the hands makes them come off.

Not at all.  Mine are quite secure; so much so that I wouldn't have considered the need for glue.

Of course, since my Eta will only ever wield his gun in his right hand, I'd have no problems gluing the fingers of the left hand to their peg.  It certainly wouldn't affect their articulation.

Must admit it looks good next to the 1/60. Aesthetically, aside from looking a bit bare, it's not too bad .Wonder if it'll stand the test of time after a few transformations though. But still too many flaws for current retail price. With a bit a luck, the price will get cut. Not sure I'd want to pay more than ¥17000 for it. For once, I managed to control my 'urges'. Hadn't pod it when it was announced (a first for me). Shame Bandai/Arcadia/Fewture etc don't seem interested in doing a 'proper' one....I mean after all the versions that came out up until now, you'd think it wouldn't be too complicated to come up with a  good design/materials etc.....who knows....might happen one day.

Looks like the Legioss just can't catch a break in the toy world. I understand the manufacturing process; small companies, production costs blah, blah, blah. But even with a hefty discount, it strongly appears that Evolution Toys' Legioss will still be overpriced; its weaknesses/QC issues not pertaining. 

Totally get some hardcore types will drop their dough on this; I seriously dig the Legioss design myself. But for the moment I'll be sticking with the model kits and pretend this toy doesn't exist.     

Edited by north-exit

Solved my hand problem by snipping the pegs off that secure the gunpod and gluing the fingers on.  Even without the peg the hands hold the gunpod very securely.

Now that I've spent a couple more days with this thing and fixed the hands I am pretty satisfied with it.  

Aesthetics aside, I really like all my CM's Legioss. They have some weird proportions here and there, yes, they don't lock together in fighter mode very well, yes. But they are nicely build, have great surface details, nice panel lines and tampo, and you can drop them and nothing will break, the plastic used is very good.

How would you ET owners that also have the CM's compare the build and plastic quality?

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

11 hours ago, tekering said:

5a1bbd000e801_Mospeadaposter.thumb.jpg.eb57ffb7c414c83454533773d462bd3f.jpg

Gorgeous pic! Nice work!

I actually am still filling out my CM's ride armor collection, and just picked up the regular green Ley over the weekend (previously only had the three black ride armors and the Jonathan and solider pack). Really reminded me what great little figures those are, with a really decent transformation. More fiddly than Megahouse, sure, but way better in my opinion.

On 11/11/2017 at 1:54 AM, Sam said:

looking good! the arms seem locked together better here, and dunno if my imagination but seems the two soldiers are showing off the two intake styles...

btw that god phoenix, is it up for pre order anywhere? I know the fewture one has sold out on hlj but this is the one i'm after with the removable g vehicles!

Great pics from everyone, thanks for sharing! I still can't bring myself to buy one even though it's one of my most wanted mechas. Another one that is top on my want list is a good God Phoenix so ditto the question and if anyone has any info on this new one? Is it that crazy overpriced, oversized Ex Gokin one?

For anyone interested, I got an email today that the new Aoshima ride armor models (a new run of their old ones, which I think were a re-run of the Imai models) are in at HLJ (and, for anyone who didn't preorder, they're listed as backordered now).

Thanks for the video post optimuspint. Not happy about that review, I just cancelled my preorder. I’ll wait to see if they come out with a version 2 to fix the issues. Otherwise, I’ll save my money for the ride armors coming out in January and February. 

3 hours ago, woll622 said:

Not happy about that review

YouTube is full of amateurish crap like that, I'm afraid.  They obviously don't know what they're doing.  They mis-aligned the cockpit in Armo-Soldier mode, they mis-transformed the wings... hell, they can't even pronounce "Legioss."  <_<

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

If you took a shot of booze every time these guys say "$hite", you'd be super plastered!! 

Not as plastered as they appeared to be.

Still waiting for a professional reviewer (like Jenius at Anymoon.com) for a proper critique.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

YouTube is full of amateurish crap like that, I'm afraid.  They obviously don't know what they're doing.  They mis-aligned the cockpit in Armo-Soldier mode, they mis-transformed the wings... hell, they can't even pronounce "Legioss."  <_<

Not as plastered as they appeared to be.

Still waiting for a professional reviewer (like Jenius at Anymoon.com) for a proper critique.

I think once in awhile it's nice to hear some 'exaggerated' reviews on how crappy the toy that they're reviewing. :lol: And I don't think they're amateurish since from what I've seen on their videos they do have lots of toy collection so I'm sure they know what they're talking about. And aside from that, I think they're consistent to what most of us feel on EvoToys kahen figures, that for the said price, the materials used look cheap compared to other companies. (I'm looking at you, Evo VF-2SS.) ^_^ 

And same here, looking forward on Jenius or CollectionDX review for Legioss. And while waiting for those said reviews, I'm checking sites if they're already putting this on clearance for the upcoming Christmas. :rolleyes: 

But kidding aside, I really wanted a good Legioss figure in my life. :unsure: