Was tempted......Usually get those stuff right away....But this time, did not even preorder it. Not getting one until I get more hands on feedbacks. I still haven't forgotten their VF-2SS. And the details on their Legioss, aren't that impressive. Big panel lines etc amd looks bare. Not sure what was their vision for this version, an up to date Gakken? (If so, it looks the part ). Like many, I'm really on the fence with this one. I don't own a single modern Legioss.  Only the vintage Gakken Versions (all scales too!). Willing to wait even if it means spending more to get one later if it's 'that good'. For now, it's a pass.....(and I need $$$$ for that DX Tetsujin....will take a chance with that one :ph34r:)

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

We're all just waiting to see if it's decent or a steaming turd or buy it during a super clearance sale. 

Exactly! Unfortunately, at first glance it looks....kinda 'meh', not bad by any means, but not mind blowing . It's not exactly supa' detailed, kinda bare. I mean, are we supposed to decal the thing ourselves?  For now, there are a lot more upcoming releases that I'd rather put my money on.....Wait and see....

5 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

We're all just waiting to see if it's decent or a steaming turd or buy it during a super clearance sale. 

And I'm still waiting for a good side picture with the landing gear down. But we'll know soon enough.

It's easily the best Legioss toy we've ever got -- faint praise, given the competition, but nonetheless satisfying -- despite the inherent weaknesses of an Evolution Toys product.

armo-fighter.jpg.62ce3d41004e41fcc55ab53ac7daf13c.jpg

requested.thumb.jpg.9fff2bbef4888780aee424a749969d73.jpg

aft.thumb.jpg.ac9f5d22b2eacdf81ed942de5c5fa884.jpg

While it looks the part, fighter mode doesn't hold together very well... but fighter's always been the weakest mode of any transformable Legioss.

armo-diver.jpg.dc5a5fba9ae4f889da5aa5f3ff465c4d.jpg

Armo-Diver mode has all the requisite articulation to strike the iconic poses, but you can see visible mold flash on the inside of the left leg there...

armo-soldier.thumb.jpg.7d985711e9962e00d032aee71c0c29e4.jpg

Armo-Soldier is where the figure really shines.  It's well-proportioned and holds together best in this mode.

articulate.thumb.jpg.e4081082f03adda55e428c6a70628dbb.jpg

Surprisingly well-articulated, too... even the head!

1 hour ago, captain america said:

Ted, does it come with sticker markings?

Of course!  It would look awfully plain without them.  ;)

yep.thumb.jpg.012157344e966f5a21d9d0fff9b6411e.jpg

There are plenty of markings included, for all three basic variants.

Edited by tekering

@tekering Thanks for the review man! Your pics are much better than the official ones from Evo toys. Finally a side profile shot! Is it an illusion or does it actually rest on the landing gear in fighter mode instead of the chest? How well does he hold the gun? Are there ratchet joints on this guy? 

I noticed that Evo toys didn't leave out the foot thursters so that's another plus. 

Thanks for the pics! I really don't know...but that blue molded plastic :(. Kinda like an unpainted Gunpla finish? Especially on the legs for some reason. Looks kinda cheap :unsure:. Some parts don't seem to be properly aligned too (like a lot of Evo toy products unfortunately.).

Overall 1st visual impressions are...'meh'. Better than expected, but far from blown away.

Not to mention the VF-2SS fiasco, I still haven't forgotten about that one. Like many, I preordered it on day one....And was sooo disappointed and p'd off when I received it  (not to mention the price plummeting to less than 50%.....a few months later)

Looks like a 'bland' Legioss, poor detailing and poor material.

Having to pay ¥26000 or more shipped to repaint the whole thing... Not sure it's worth the price, (for me anyway). Wishing Evo-Toy would sell their products as kits at a fraction of the price.

Rambling aside....personally gonna pass for now. Might get another Sentinel Mospeada Riobot instead. Better investment imo. 

cockpit.thumb.jpg.438a2d70d199917bf282c1688a7eda64.jpg

5a10e0a610c95_cockpitcontrols.thumb.jpg.d6453ff54d63b1fcc9975a8ba52a7a03.jpg

7 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Is it an illusion or does it actually rest on the landing gear in fighter mode instead of the chest?

Not an illusion!

not_an_illusion.thumb.jpg.a9be4ee51a6ac25b08f97ccb12154f7d.jpg

It's an admittedly low bar to cross, but the Evo achieves it.  ^_^

How well does he hold the gun?

It's a pain to put the gun in his hand -- you literally have to remove the fingers to do it -- but the tab in the palm guarantees a very solid grip.  :)

tab.thumb.jpg.a826cefb94c59413bfffe005f437a865.jpg

solid.thumb.jpg.825eae0cd57593bf92b53a63b21a0bfb.jpg

Are there ratchet joints on this guy?

Yes, mid-thigh/upper-knee joints and shoulders are ratcheted.

5 hours ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Could someone upload a photo next to a toynami to compare size?

Etas.thumb.jpg.d3a267f744675ec8b78adffd3f2b6fff.jpg

I'm not transforming my blue "Masterpiece" Alpha (we all know what a ticking time bomb that is!), so you'll have to settle for a red Toynami in Armo-soldier mode:

Toynami_scaling.thumb.jpg.6d6ef153f18194a684e60efad8f26f6d.jpg

3 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Kinda like an unpainted Gunpla finish?

Exactly like an unpainted Gunplay finish, I'd say... orr a Transformer.  Like most toys, any skilled modeler could make it look better.

And, to be fair, it'll look a whole lot better stickered up.  The stickers even have a nice matte finish to them, so they don't stand out against the painted surfaces.

Better than expected, but far from blown away.

My thoughts exactly.

Not to mention the VF-2SS fiasco, I still haven't forgotten about that one.

Well, it's obviously an improvement over that!  :p

Edited by tekering

Certainly looks better than I thought it would, and fighter mode looks really nice. Between the landing gear and  the Arms & Shoulders actually connecting evenly. 

And unlike the Toynami's I don't think those hands will be exploding anytime soon. 

Thank you for all the pics tekering! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne