Honestly, it really doesn't look all THAT bad..EXCEPT for the stupid arms not locking together properly just like the Toynami mold that's now like what at least 10 years ago?!

EDIT -- I really do want this thing to turn out to be totally awesome and the answer to finally getting a great Legioss, but I'll believe it when I see a review in hand by someone here!

Edited by derex3592

See I've never minded the idea of parts swapping (well maybe not the whole damn toy, but a few parts), if you have to trade out the intakes out so it looks more accurate in Fighter vs. Soldier mode I'm cool with that. Landing gear looks pretty good from the angle shown, at least it's not cheap plastic (looks like die-cast). 

I'll wait for the reviews before I consider this one though. 

15 hours ago, captain america said:

A point that needs to be understood is that not all toy companies/manufacturers/engineers are on equal footing. A company like Bandai is very, very far ahead of the curve in terms of experience, marketing, engineering, construction and quality-control; even Arcadia comes in a very far second to Bandai, and I'm being polite. You can pay the same cost for product from manufacturer A and manufacturer B, but that won't guarantee the same product quality. There are so many variables and hurdles to overcome to get a product like this to market that the average otaku knows nothing about. Frankly, I'm surprised that there are as many decent toys as there are considering all the fingers in the proverbial pie. Hard-headed engineers, sketchy manufacurers, bean-counters looking to save every penny, licensing constraints, approval delays and liquidity issues out the wazoo... And this is just the tip of the iceberg!

I'd add more to this but you've said this better than I could. B))

When it's all said and done IMO I still give Evolution Toys credit for giving the VF-2SS a try, It's not terrible but leaves lots of room for a Version 2. Who knows, maybe this Legioss will be better than we think. (Though I'd rather see your 1/32 scale produced, that was the ultimate in design). 

• 2 weeks later...

looking good! the arms seem locked together better here, and dunno if my imagination but seems the two soldiers are showing off the two intake styles...

btw that god phoenix, is it up for pre order anywhere? I know the fewture one has sold out on hlj but this is the one i'm after with the removable g vehicles!

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Pretty sure it's the episode "The Fortress" where Rand & Annie sneak into the Mountain base.  (Yeah I know I used the RT names LOL) 

That's the one, thanks. :)

Hmm... the Graub hatch opener is different to the one in the 'REF Field Guide'... :unsure:

I'm guessing there are removable covers on the intakes - four little black semicircles to keep track of.  

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best and prepared for the worst.  Might have to take the day off work when it gets here to cope with the mixture of joy/sadness.  :p

5 hours ago, akim said:

Hi,

you're right...

Strange..lineart talks about episode 12 (at 9min20) but it's not really exactly same thing in the anime:

top hatch Grab opened

Inbit head.jpg

Yeah, in the anime the inbit is contained within an egg, which they simply place into the cockpit. Maybe after the insertion, they turn-on the heater, the egg thing melts and the inbit just floats in that green goo like some sort of inbit jacuzzi.

46 minutes ago, Dobber said:

It's been so long since I've seen Mospeada or Robotech....did the Legioss not have foot thrusters like Valkyries did? What did it use in fighter mode?

Chris

There are thrusters in the wrists and heels as you can see in the pic on the left. What I think would have been a nice touch would have been to hinge the ankle armor. This would give the soldier more poseability/wider stance options and also give the fighter  multi-axis thrust-vectoring... Like a Valkyrie but better without violating the line-art outright.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 4.18.53 PM.png

4 hours ago, danth said:

Am I crazy or is there some serious photoshopping to make the rear look smaller in fighter mode?

Not at all; it's just the angle of the shot.

I can achieve exactly the same effect with my Toynami, see:

effect.thumb.jpg.1d9f867ec7494911e9319dcd10f6d404.jpg

...despite its big-ass honkin' feet.

honkin.thumb.jpg.baaec3a0161708f1e0d7c3ba4a4c130e.jpg

19 hours ago, tekering said:

Not at all; it's just the angle of the shot.

I can achieve exactly the same effect with my Toynami, see:

...despite its big-ass honkin' feet.

Huh. I guess you're right. Maybe the camera lens exaggerates the foreshortening effect. 

3 minutes ago, Tober said:

So who's kept their pre-orders for the Evo Toys Legioss? 

According to Amazon Japan, release is in two days.

The situation has gotten really bizarre this week.  On Monday, Amazon.jp sent me this e-mail:

ご注文いただいた商品と新しいお届け予定日は以下のとおりです。
  "可変レギオス エータタイプ ノンスケール ダイキャスト&ABS製 塗装済み 完成品 可動フィギュア"
    お届け予定日: 2017-11-29 - 2017-12-01

So the release was moved from November 29th to December 1st.  Yet another delay, but a practically insignificant one.

But then today, Amazon.jp sends me this e-mail:

ご注文いただいた商品と新しいお届け予定日は以下のとおりです。
  "可変レギオス エータタイプ ノンスケール ダイキャスト&ABS製 塗装済み 完成品 可動フィギュア"
    お届け予定日: 2017-11-17 - 2017-11-20

So the release date was suddenly moved back up to November 17th, then delayed to November 20th?  :huh: