Ordered my Stick version from AE -- because I procrastinated too long and N-Y closed their listing far too quickly -- and the Ray version from N-Y... won't make the same mistake twice.  Now here's hoping that Sentinel will eventually produce Yellow's and Rook's versions as well, original or re-imagined, I don't care which.

41 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

Ordered my Stick version from AE -- because I procrastinated too long and N-Y closed their listing far too quickly -- and the Ray version from N-Y... won't make the same mistake twice.  Now here's hoping that Sentinel will eventually produce Yellow's and Rook's versions as well, original or re-imagined, I don't care which.

How different do the reimagined ones look?

Edited by Mommar

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

How different do the reimagined ones look?

The re-imagined versions look quite a bit more elaborate/rugged/updated then the originals.  But as has been mentioned before, there are re-imagined MOSPEADAS only for Stick and Ray.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no redesigns for Blowsuperior or Rook's ride; however, there is nothing stopping Sentinel from commissioning new artwork depicting re-imagined versions of the two in question along the lines of the redux for Stick's and Ray's Ride Armors.  Or they could just go with the originals and I'd be equally happy... as long as they are actually produced.

Yes, for once, I just want to complete the cyclone gang. Keeping my fingers cross that this company will produce Blowsuperior and Rook's cyclone too. Blowsuperior being my favorite, I like this new re-imagined version of Stick and Ray too. These new cyclones are so small with such a high price, hopefully it worth every penny.

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

The re-imagined versions look quite a bit more elaborate/rugged/updated then the originals.  But as has been mentioned before, there are re-imagined MOSPEADAS only for Stick and Ray.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no redesigns for Blowsuperior or Rook's ride; however, there is nothing stopping Sentinel from commissioning new artwork depicting re-imagined versions of the two in question along the lines of the redux for Stick's and Ray's Ride Armors.  Or they could just go with the originals and I'd be equally happy... as long as they are actually produced.

Aren't the bodies all pretty much the same though?  It's only the forearm weapons and color that really vary isn't it?

1 hour ago, Tober said:

Could be something  like this:

I don't know if they are just fan art though.

Are these magazines (like the one that this art is from) essentially fanzines? I remember there was a similar thing for a new Megazone series ("Lost Possibility" or something similar) back in 2007 or 2008 that looked really high quality and professional, but folks here on these boards explained to me that there are basically the modern Japanese version of the fanzines we used to have here decades ago.

I got one of each at HLJ & one of each at NY. Looking forward to customising the 2 spares.
Cheaper from Japan with shipping and customs than BBTS/shipping and customs for me.

Edited by teckno viking

5 hours ago, teckno viking said:

My 1/12 Justice Department is ready for any Perps who break the LAW!!

*snip*

What's this Judge Dredd invading Mospeada now? Is this a crossover or something? Does Harmony Gold knows about this? <_<

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

What's this Judge Dredd invading Mospeada now? Is this a crossover or something? Does Harmony Gold knows about this? <_<

lmao fingers crossed NOT with HG. My own 1/12 world, who knows lol

On 10/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, Tober said:

Could be something  like this:

I don't know if they are just fan art though.

That's what I thought were the originals for Rook and Lancer. I'm glad I didn't have to go back and search for that post. If they are fan art it's pretty good. This company should at least talk about what is coming up. That's what I thought they were going to do when we got the finished Rand bike for pre-order. I don't like being in the dark about the other two. But maybe it's better this way and saves us the disappointment of seeing Rook and then not getting her.

Evolution Toys just delayed their Legioss release for another month (per Nippon-Yasan). Means I have to wait another month for my PF Focker so it bums me out a bit. Maybe this will give me time to actually get around to reviewing their VF-2SS toys though before this toy drops.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Evolution Toys just delayed their Legioss release for another month (per Nippon-Yasan). Means I have to wait another month for my PF Focker so it bums me out a bit. Maybe this will give me time to actually get around to reviewing their VF-2SS toys though before this toy drops.

Bummer on the delay, I'm looking forward to your Legioss review.

If you do a review of the VF-2SS, enjoy the frustration that it is. (Not worst thing ever, but disappointing) 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Dying to see this! :p

57 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Notice how the Arm & Shoulder don't lock into place, looks like the same design as Toynami. A shame that the older Gakken Legioss was more solid than these newer toys. 

The Gakken toy was also aimed at a younger target demographic, was considerably cheaper, had far fewer parts, less detail, had very limited poseability, was produced in greater numbers and was also ultimately not a commercial success for its parent company.

What bugs me most is that the head sits way too low (or the chest comes up way too high on either side of it). This will totally inhibit articulation and is just wrong. The proportions are also totally out of whack. It looks like a small man wearing a giant suit of armor in soldier mode. 

On 10/25/2017 at 2:03 PM, captain america said:

The Gakken toy was also aimed at a younger target demographic, was considerably cheaper, had far fewer parts, less detail, had very limited poseability, was produced in greater numbers and was also ultimately not a commercial success for its parent company.

This is very true, even as a kid I always felt that their poseability/detail was limited including the hands (still a good toy as a kid!). But when they were on clearance at KB Toys it was a great time to buy them. 

I just wish that these toy companies would put some extra time & love into these Legioss designs the same way that Bandai & Yamato/Arcadia do with their Macross lines. No reason a modern made Legioss/Alpha can't be built as secure & detailed as the Arcadia VF-0S or the Bandai VF-31 DX. B))

47 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I just wish that these toy companies would put some extra time & love into these Legioss designs the same way that Bandai & Yamato/Arcadia do with their Macross lines. No reason a modern made Legioss/Alpha can't be built as secure & detailed as the Arcadia VF-0S or the Bandai VF-31 DX. B))

A point that needs to be understood is that not all toy companies/manufacturers/engineers are on equal footing. A company like Bandai is very, very far ahead of the curve in terms of experience, marketing, engineering, construction and quality-control; even Arcadia comes in a very far second to Bandai, and I'm being polite. You can pay the same cost for product from manufacturer A and manufacturer B, but that won't guarantee the same product quality. There are so many variables and hurdles to overcome to get a product like this to market that the average otaku knows nothing about. Frankly, I'm surprised that there are as many decent toys as there are considering all the fingers in the proverbial pie. Hard-headed engineers, sketchy manufacurers, bean-counters looking to save every penny, licensing constraints, approval delays and liquidity issues out the wazoo... And this is just the tip of the iceberg!

Certainly some interesting things discernible in that jet mode pic:

59f2df9066438_wth.jpg.45e43125e02a3705517162a52278a699.jpg

The landing gear looks refreshingly accurate (and die-cast!), but what's with the open intakes?  They're totally different from the intakes visible in Soldier or Diver modes.

How did they achieve that?

21 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I thought about this cel. But I wasn't crazy about the context of the scene.

Ah, but that's the only red Iota we see in the whole series!

59f2df36be93d_redIota.jpg.bbded8e7dfeb42d7141a8fae1ef44a07.jpg

Okay, it's probably just an animation error, but it looks awesome.  :D

Too bad it was just a dream sequence.

It's possible that the chest-caps/intakes are interchangeable parts on the toy, and admittedly that would be a nice touch. Either that, or it's a part that was updated. I just hope that they were able to make the main gear struts long enough: the Legioss has a very low-hanging middle-chest and needs to have an almost jackrabbit stance to have any sort of reasonable ground-clearance in fighter mode.

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Certainly some interesting things discernible in that jet mode pic:

59f2df9066438_wth.jpg.45e43125e02a3705517162a52278a699.jpg

The landing gear looks refreshingly accurate (and die-cast!), but what's with the open intakes?  They're totally different from the intakes visible in Soldier or Diver modes.

How did they achieve that?

Probably ET decided for part swapping(?) kinda like removable intake covers on most of the Macross Kanzen Henkei figures.