28 minutes ago, captain america said:

It's not a creativity problem, it's a physics problem. You cannot make a 2.5cm dia. helmet pass through a 1.8cm dia. armor neck hole and you cannot make an engine block teleport through the front of the abdomen of a figure and emerge at the back. The best you can hope for is the rider lifting his butt off the seat, over the tank and "fall" between the tank and front fairing without being maimed in the process.

I disagree. If the armor folds from the front and from the back, you don't need the helmet to pass through any hole. If you have the tank split, slide down, and fold around, then it doesn't need to go through the rider's abdomen. It just takes more creativity. I did a rough mock up of it in CAD just to prove it to myself. When I have free time, I'll detail it up and 3D print it.

19 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I disagree. If the armor folds from the front and from the back, you don't need the helmet to pass through any hole. If you have the tank split, slide down, and fold around, then it doesn't need to go through the rider's abdomen. It just takes more creativity. I did a rough mock up of it in CAD just to prove it to myself. When I have free time, I'll detail it up and 3D print it.

Ok. I did try to imagine your process here. So what's going to happen on the railings that makes the tank split, slide down, and fold around? Would that also mean the railings will somehow wrapped around the abdoben or waist just to make the tank part go around him in the first place? How about the HBT canister inside the tank? And how about the engine block? Since it hides under the said tank in Ride-Armor (humanoid) form. Would that mean the engine block will travel below him all around to the back and goes under the tank once it goes around from the process you mentioned? 

I'm not an engineer but I think this is too much over-engineering. It's what makes the DX VF-171 explode. And it's what makes the DX VF-19Adv chest complicated. It might be doable in the hopes that you don't want the rider to get off during transformation. But this method is not practical on small figures. Maybe for a 1/6th scale or 1/4th scale figures where tolerance is high but not for small figures. And by doing this process it's not accurate anymore.

Edited by no3Ljm

47 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

What you can do in virtual modeling and what works with real-world plastic are two different things. What you're describing sounds like what I explained above; something I thought of almost 2 decades ago. Transforming models are moving puzzles where compromise is key, especially if you want to be faitful to the look of the design. Usually, solving a problem in one area creates one in another. You can add complexity to the transformation to get it to work a certain way, but that also adds fragility.

But by all means, show us what you've got.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Between this and the 31A DX, my wallet needs a transfusion!!

BTW, isnt there supposed to be a bazooka? :angry:

Loving these pics tho..

I believe you are thinking of Houquet, she had a bazooka-ish weapon. I remember Ray using the small pistol. I wonder if they will be able to pull off Yellow's armor with the missile bays in the front.

Pre-ordered at HLJ!! Two down, two to go. 

I cant remember exactly who had what, but m referring to the artwork whereby these releases are based.

The front cover looks like Ray holding the bazooka in the other hand....

mospeada-complete-art-works-art-book-3.gif.bb2a662bc587c8ce7c7668ab17b6034c.gif

I guess m not sure where you would stow the bazooka/RPG but nevertheless i was sorta hoping it would b included.. 

Yeah as you can see they based these upon the artworK I think it was kind of expected Ray was going to be armed with the same as the art.

Hey you never know could be a surprise.

Or maybe Sentinel plan on a Weapons package set?? GALLANT, GALLANT Rifle, WOLFF 9mm, Bazooka etc??

Well we can hope.

The Bazooka however could still be done using VOTOM, Gundam range of weapons.

Isn't there a Stinger Anti Aircraft weapon 1/12 (could be doable)?

Make one?

The fact these two are coming and hopefully the others in 2018 too.

2 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Yeah as you can see they based these upon the artworK I think it was kind of expected Ray was going to be armed with the same as the art.

Hey you never know could be a surprise.

Or maybe Sentinel plan on a Weapons package set?? GALLANT, GALLANT Rifle, WOLFF 9mm, Bazooka etc??

Well we can hope.

The Bazooka however could still be done using VOTOM, Gundam range of weapons.

Isn't there a Stinger Anti Aircraft weapon 1/12 (could be doable)?

Make one?

The fact these two are coming and hopefully the others in 2018 too.

No sweat, guys. If Riobot don't make the RPG for their Mospeada, I will.

Look forward to seeing Captain America :D

Well I have the GALLANT H-90 Almost sorted 1/12 scale ;)  Just finishing off before I show.

The other Weapons from the show & even ROBOTECH realm I do plan to have a crack at too :D

Wow, no breather at all, first Stick, then 31A Kairos, now Ray. Gotta start getting use to cup noodles now. :blink:

The one and only cyclone that I've been patiently waiting for is Yellow VR-041 Heavy Armor, I would buy that in an instant.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

I wonder if they're essentially making both at the same time at the factory to save on costs since it's just a gauntlet and figure swap. It probably saves a lot of money to make one run of motorcycles that's many more pieces instead of two separate runs.

Damn tempted by the Rey....it's just so close to Stick (which I already have pre-ordered) both design and release-wise. Gonna hold out hope for Yellow. I just love Ride Armor so much! Very tempted still. :wub:

Chris

16 hours ago, seti88 said:

Between this and the 31A DX, my wallet needs a transfusion!!

BTW, isnt there supposed to be a bazooka? :angry:

Loving these pics tho..

NEOGDS-252562_102.jpg.dd49e000f866946c644790101277c490.jpgNEOGDS-252562_103.jpg.4d02898ea6f72a80e0febcacc96fe0b3.jpgNEOGDS-252562_104.jpg.4c76a0f4c1441d2ece2447fcab07beab.jpg

Yes! Too soon. But YES! I'm IN! :wub: Though it's lame that they didn't include the Bazooka with him. <_<

17 hours ago, F360 said:

https://hlj.com/product/SET88028

1/12 Riobot VR-052T Mospeada Ray

Preordered! Thanks F360! Since it's been announced officially. Gotta cancel my extra Stick (my safety net) and preorder Rey. Then have it shipped at the same time via PW. Nice! ^_^ 

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sentinel, Bandai, Arcadia...these companies are collectively killing me and making me very happy simultaneously. :D

Ain't that the truth. It's BITING us real hard. Hahaha! :lol: 

7 hours ago, captain america said:

No sweat, guys. If Riobot don't make the RPG for their Mospeada, I will.

Looking forward to this Capt. Will you consider making those Gallant pistols as well if ever? ^_^ 

3 hours ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

Wow, no breather at all, first Stick, then 31A Kairos, now Ray. Gotta start getting use to cup noodles now. :blink:

Just so you know, if every you get tired of Cup Noodles, there's Costco Hotdog Sandwiches. :rolleyes: