3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, TBH, we've only seen Stick's on this variant since this is more of Aramaki's reimagining of the Ride Armor. And the other one is Ley. And because those two artworks exist in the Mospeada Book. We're not sure yet if they will make Fuke's or Yellow's in this format. Hope they do. If not, hope they do the anime version one if they're planning on completing it. ;)

If you're unsure, you can just sell it down the line.

I've been pretty much a collector, haven't take a change selling anything yet. Although it's taking up much of two car garage to a one car garage now. Yeah hopefully they will complete this new line, even though like you said there's only two Ride Armors. From the Beagle 1/10 line, at the time I got Rand for $150 and Scott for $75 brand new (I thought It was too good to be true at the time, but it was the real deal at a collectible place). 

I guess I could place a pre-order now from NY and starting saving or better yet, start selling stuff. :)

12 minutes ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

I've been pretty much a collector, haven't take a change selling anything yet. Although it's taking up much of two car garage to a one car garage now. Yeah hopefully they will complete this new line, even though like you said there's only two Ride Armors. From the Beagle 1/10 line, at the time I got Rand for $150 and Scott for $75 brand new (I thought It was too good to be true at the time, but it was the real deal at a collectible place). 

I guess I could place a pre-order now from NY and starting saving or better yet, start selling stuff. :)

Ouch. :unsure: It really hurts seeing how much those two going on back in the day when I haven't started collecting again. I paid $250 for Ley and $280 for Stick back in 2014-15(?).

Actually, I'm thinking of selling some doubles as of this moment. And rethinking if I really need two of these knowing that they will put out Ley's soon. :D 

Edited by no3Ljm

57 minutes ago, batteryoperatedsoul said:

For 20 bucks, I'd rather buy from BBTS and just have it go through a few states instead of worrying about overseas shipping and customs. Plus it gets to me in a few days. Plus, BBTS customer service is better for me IMO. Now if I was saving 100 bucks, that's different.

Totally understandable. For me, I buy things from Japan almost constantly and the savings work out to be in the thousands when you add it all up so I always go with places like NY.

23 minutes ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

Sounds like me! I have two storage spaces filled to the brim, my garage perimeter around the cars, all the closets in the house and also one of the hallways is also now completely filled from floor to ceiling with boxes. I've got a serious problem, lol! Also in SoCal so maybe we should start an AA group for collection hoarders. :lol:

& for Us none US, truly worth while dealing with a Japanese store to BBTS. HLJ, NY have always done well enough for me in the past. Don't see why that would change here and now.

BBTS btw have done fine by me too but technically I am paying Increased price due to shipping to US plus then onwards to UK. Easier and cheaper direct to Japan.

We truly need a Decent IMPORTERS of quick speed with releases in the UK.

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Sounds like me! I have two storage spaces filled to the brim, my garage perimeter around the cars, all the closets in the house and also one of the hallways is also now completely filled from floor to ceiling with boxes. I've got a serious problem, lol! Also in SoCal so maybe we should start an AA group for collection hoarders. :lol:

So I'm not alone after all LOL... :lol:

And I just got a brand new storage (8'x15') which was delivered to my yesterday, so that I could stuff other household items.

1 minute ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

So I'm not alone after all LOL... :lol:

And I just got a brand new storage (8'x15') which was delivered to my yesterday, so that I could stuff other household items.

Yeah, I'm always thinking of places to store more things. Already have an area scoped out that I might add a storage space to. Also just moved into a new office with my own room so there is another option...although I want to be careful with that one as my cooworkers will see how crazy I really am, lol.

Can't wait to get this Ride Armor in hand though! Really happy about it being a collaboration with the original designer, TREX and Sentinel...should be an extremely good product.

Possible dumb question but here it goes, when they release the next Ride-Armor (Let's say it's Rand, because heaven for bid it's Rook or Lancer) will the Ride-Armors look like this newer design or will it be the Original Anime style (Beagle release)? 

WWII Helmets1-019.jpg

16 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Possible dumb question but here it goes, when they release the next Ride-Armor (Let's say it's Rand, because heaven for bid it's Rook or Lancer) will the Ride-Armors look like this newer design or will it be the Original Anime style (Beagle release)? 

WWII Helmets1-019.jpg

Probably like this. Since that new design is based on this. This is Ley's.

mospeada_front_cover.jpg?w=500&h=750

This is Stick's. Though they follow Stick's colors to red compared to the back cover art.

mospeada_back_cover.jpg?w=500&h=750

Edited by no3Ljm

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Probably like this. Since that new design is based on this. This is Ley's.

mospeada_front_cover.jpg?w=500&h=750

This is Stick's. Though they follow Stick's colors to red compared to the back cover art.

mospeada_back_cover.jpg?w=500&h=750

That's what I'm hoping for, and is the real reason why I'm buying this release (i.e. to help insure future releases). The Ley/Rand one, in my opinion, really showcases the differences between the new design and the old one much better. I was actually disappointed to see that this current release doesn't show the gauntlets (or whatever we should call them) looking quite as noticeably updated as on the MOSPEADA book.

10 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Thanks Noel, my Mospeada Books plus the one you just posted are all boxed up at the moment with other items, forgot Ley was on the front cover. Do'h! :D

No worries there sir! I know you're just excited with this toy for sure. Would it be nice if they include that bazooka with Ley's release. ;) 

8 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

That's what I'm hoping for, and is the real reason why I'm buying this release (i.e. to help insure future releases). The Ley/Rand one, in my opinion, really showcases the differences between the new design and the old one much better. I was actually disappointed to see that this current release doesn't show the gauntlets (or whatever we should call them) looking quite as noticeably updated as on the MOSPEADA book.

It's nice if this line succeed for them to create the original anime look in that same scale? ;)

As for the gauntlets/arm armor thingy, let's hope those missile rack is removable as an option. ^_^

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No worries there sir! I know you're just excited with this toy for sure. Would it be nice if they include that bazooka with Ley's release. ;) 

It's nice if this line succeed for them to create the original anime look in that same scale? ;)

As for the gauntlets/arm armor thingy, let's hope those missile rack is removable as an option. ^_^

That was going to be my next remark, that Bazooka is to cool not to be included so I hope they do it! (Would be a major selling feature) 

PO with HLJ!!! :D

3 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

That was going to be my next remark, that Bazooka is to cool not to be included so I hope they do it! (Would be a major selling feature) 

PO with HLJ!!! :D

Wait. What?! You haven't PO'ed since last night? :lol:

27 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i hope this first off is a nice piece of engineering (stable and great) and next i hope it sells enough to see the whole line. 

Agree with all this other than I don't need to see the whole line. Sure I want this to be a great figure and hope it is successful. I just don't care if certain things never come out because that just means less stuff I have to buy. :p 

Like I'm perfectly happy with just Boba Fett, IG-88 and Bossk and I never sit there and think I have to have Dengar, 4-LOM and Zuckuss. But if someone makes Dengar, 4-LOM and Zuckuss, you better believe I'm buying them. :lol:

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. What?! You haven't PO'ed since last night? :lol:

I totally thought I did yesterday... whoops! :D

@davidwhangchoi I am hoping the very same thing. What bugged me the most with the Beagles (besides not completing the line) was the Windscreen & seat never staying locking in place. 

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i hope this first off is a nice piece of engineering (stable and great) and next i hope it sells enough to see the whole line. 

Agreed. But you know what, just in case they pull a Beagle move here with this line, I just wish they release Ley before that. I don't want to have a single Ride Armor figure. Though, I can probably buy a second one so I can have both modes. ;)

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

I totally thought I did yesterday... whoops! :D

@davidwhangchoi I am hoping the very same thing. What bugged me the most with the Beagles (besides not completing the line) was the Windscreen & seat never staying locking in place. 

What I did with those is I put a layer of nail polish. And somehow it worked. Not as loose as is.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Agreed. But you know what, just in case they pull a Beagle move here with this line, I just wish they release Ley before that. I don't want to have a single Ride Armor figure. Though, I can probably buy a second one so I can have both modes. ;)

I'm really hoping for a good Yellow (I missed out on the CM's one, and my dark edition Megahouse one is really disappointing, though I have the Aoshima model re-issue on preorder).

Still not sure about soft goods/cloth, but Sentinel's handling it a bit better than Beagle (namely, the plastic pieces that cover the biceps). In contrast, the Beagle figure looks like it's wearing a Christmas sweater underneath the bike parts. Not that there's anything wrong with Christmas sweaters...

8 hours ago, gingaio said:

Still not sure about soft goods/cloth, but Sentinel's handling it a bit better than Beagle (namely, the plastic pieces that cover the biceps). In contrast, the Beagle figure looks like it's wearing a Christmas sweater underneath the bike parts. Not that there's anything wrong with Christmas sweaters...

That's how the outfit was designed: the wearer dons some sort of sweater (light-arms resistant?) over which the hard armor pieces go. Although the bottom half (crotch, knees) was always shown as black in the color-calls and style-sheets.

Also, let's hope that the new 1/12 toy sells well and is followed-up with a VR-041 and VR-038. I'm pretty sure we'll at least see a Ley version, seeing as how it requires the least amount of new tooling.

I agree New Edwards Test Pilot.
The cloth undergarment is Awesome. More companies are finally realising 1/12 is prime for type of treatment 1/6th has had for decades.
Weirdly 6" clothed figures existed happily in the 70s and early 80s with LION ROCK & LITTLE BIG MAN. As too the stalward Spanish Madelman.

More recent times 3A, VORTEX, Mezco One:12 are happily churning out clothed 1/12 figures.

So Yeah This is the BIG WIN IMHO to see Mospeada getting the same treatment. Hell Making the other characters with clothing will be exciting if no brand steps up and does it.

IF Figma get their Macross & Mospeada Out, Hell yeah will still get them however Clothed figures WIN it for me.

Not related to this forum But these are ALL 1/12 scale figure customs I have done and have underway. Along with Mezco One:12 Captain America and Super Soldier to show.
Anything IS Possible ;)

zjeep1.jpg

zjoe.jpg

zplisskin.jpg

zplisskin1.jpg

zzcrossbones2.jpg

zzzfury1.jpg

zzzzjoe tee.jpg

zzzzzcapt price1.jpg

zzzzzzam10.jpg

zzzzzzam13.jpg

zzzzzzbritish.jpg

zzzzzzcaptbritain.jpg

zzzzzzzzacu.jpg

zzzzzzzzss1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzjb.jpg

14 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

I agree New Edwards Test Pilot.
The cloth undergarment is Awesome. More companies are finally realising 1/12 is prime for type of treatment 1/6th has had for decades.
Weirdly 6" clothed figures existed happily in the 70s and early 80s with LION ROCK & LITTLE BIG MAN. As too the stalward Spanish Madelman.

More recent times 3A, VORTEX, Mezco One:12 are happily churning out clothed 1/12 figures.

So Yeah This is the BIG WIN IMHO to see Mospeada getting the same treatment. Hell Making the other characters with clothing will be exciting if no brand steps up and does it.

IF Figma get their Macross & Mospeada Out, Hell yeah will still get them however Clothed figures WIN it for me.

Not related to this forum But these are ALL 1/12 scale figure customs I have done and have underway. Along with Mezco One:12 Captain America and Super Soldier to show.
Anything IS Possible ;)

zjeep1.jpg

zjoe.jpg

zplisskin.jpg

zplisskin1.jpg

zzcrossbones2.jpg

zzzfury1.jpg

zzzzjoe tee.jpg

zzzzzcapt price1.jpg

zzzzzzam10.jpg

zzzzzzam13.jpg

zzzzzzbritish.jpg

zzzzzzcaptbritain.jpg

zzzzzzzzacu.jpg

zzzzzzzzss1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzjb.jpg

Very nice! I totally agree about the cloth on figures and love seeing it. However, I think it works best on superheroes with the spandex look because the figures basically match exactly what they are supposed to look like. Most the loose clothing figures look too puffy at the small scales. This Ride Armor figure looks to be very well done. I will buy any version that comes out. 

18 hours ago, Darotower said:

Pre-ordered from NY, I hope this time made the whole set of four and also the old models too..

20160530_165644.jpg

20160530_203005.jpg

Is that the Sentinel figure? That has ridiculously good balance. 

I would buy the whole team if they did them. When is the next time Mospeada toys will be released? And at this quality, assuming it is as good as it looks. I can imagine Sentinel releasing the dark ride armors as convention exclusives, that has been a trend with them. I bet they will do it with their Riobot Shin Getter. 

9 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Is that the Sentinel figure? That has ridiculously good balance. 

I would buy the whole team if they did them. When is the next time Mospeada toys will be released? And at this quality, assuming it is as good as it looks. I can imagine Sentinel releasing the dark ride armors as convention exclusives, that has been a trend with them. I bet they will do it with their Riobot Shin Getter. 

That's the Beagle.

It's funny: that figure was so amazing compared to everything that came before it (and I still love it), but it looks so out of date compared to the pics of the Sentinel.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

That's the Beagle.

It's funny: that figure was so amazing compared to everything that came before it (and I still love it), but it looks so out of date compared to the pics of the Sentinel.

it will still be the biggest best looking rider armor out.  ^_^ since the Sentinel ones are 1/12.

But then being 1/12 works great for me since I can share the bike with my Figmas and Sh figure arts.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:15 PM, gingaio said:

15 hours ago, captain america said:

That's how the outfit was designed: the wearer dons some sort of sweater (light-arms resistant?) over which the hard armor pieces go. Although the bottom half (crotch, knees) was always shown as black in the color-calls and style-sheets.

No, I get that. I should have said that I'm not sure about soft goods being handled well on smaller-scale figs. I always imagined--based on a childhood's worth of Robotech cartoons and Gakken toys--that the under-armor suit was tight and stretchy. I always found Beagle's suit to be too baggy, like an oversized sweater. Sentinel's looks a bit better because the biceps armor at least pins the cloth down a bit.

For 6-inch figs, Mezco's One: 12 line is definitely an improvement over the old Mego stylings, which I always found a corny (and not in an appealing way). That said, it's hard at that scale, and even in that line, to create figs that look completely 'right' in cloth suits (IMO, of course). 

Edited by gingaio

So I just got an email from HLJ that they are now using some service called goInterPay? I'm really confused by this and don't understand the point of it. All I know is that it's making it much harder for me to pay, even though they say it's so much easier, because now it REQUIRES you to have a PayPal billing agreement with them. Don't want to do that because I don't know what method of payment I would want to use with PayPal at the time an item becomes available. I really don't want to have to start another account with another online payment service if that is what goInterPay is. I'm really confused by this and absolutely DON'T want to make a billing agreement with them and PayPal. I guess I won't be shopped MG with HLJ anymore :( Not sure if I'll have to cancel my Ride Armor order or my other pre-orders I have with them. 

Chris

12 minutes ago, Dobber said:

So I just got an email from HLJ that they are now using some service called goInterPay? I'm really confused by this and don't understand the point of it. All I know is that it's making it much harder for me to pay, even though they say it's so much easier, because now it REQUIRES you to have a PayPal billing agreement with them. Don't want to do that because I don't know what method of payment I would want to use with PayPal at the time an item becomes available. I really don't want to have to start another account with another online payment service if that is what goInterPay is. I'm really confused by this and absolutely DON'T want to make a billing agreement with them and PayPal. I guess I won't be shopped MG with HLJ anymore :( Not sure if I'll have to cancel my Ride Armor order or my other pre-orders I have with them. 

Chris

I have the Sentinel preorder with BBTS, but I have the 2 MOSPEADA Aoshima model kit re-issues on preorder with HLJ. I didn't get any email from HLJ about this... though, come to think of it, when I did the check out on those preorders, I think it might have required me to do the PayPal billing agreement. Not sure, since it was a few weeks ago.