36 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Still NOT digging the Evo Toys one -- Looks like a $30 plastic toy...

With less than two weeks to release, you'd think Evolution Toys would have a proper paint master to display, at least... regardless, we already know the final product will be better than any previous Legioss toy.

I mean, it couldn't be worse, right?  :huh:

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I wish two things for this figure:

- better hands than those of the MPC Alphas

- A compatible Beta to attach to it

I only wish one thing for this figure:

- for it to sell well enough to encourage the production of further Mospeada toys, rather than bankrupting the company (like what happened to Beagle or CMs).

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

FRRRAAAAAAAAKKK!!

20157205_10154516783022610_3215736469675638289_o.thumb.jpg.628e844f656ad0aeb697e6279d09db38.jpg

This will be expensive at 1/4 scale. Still no Rook though. I doubt I'll get this. I'm looking forward to the modernized transformable versions. I hope we see updates on those next week at the Wonder Festival.

Also, still no landing gear photos of the Evolution Alpha. That's what I'm waiting to see.

The Toynami Alpha is definitely smaller than the MPC, no integrated landing gear, maybe not integrated fists. Looks good though... hopes are reduced for the evolution toys Legioss... Looks like it has pegs that'd you'd hope for so maybe a absolute lack of effort by the set up team. They say they're going to sell 1/100 pilots for their vf1 toys as separate accessories. 

Edit: Acid Rain toys look awesome. 

Edited by jenius

55 minutes ago, tekering said:

With less than two weeks to release, you'd think Evolution Toys would have a proper paint master to display, at least... regardless, we already know the final product will be better than any previous Legioss toy.

I mean, it couldn't be worse, right?  :huh:

I only wish one thing for this figure:

- for it to sell well enough to encourage the production of further Mospeada toys, rather than bankrupting the company (like what happened to Beagle or CMs).

From a friend who has the EVO legioss on order, the legioss has been delayed to September. 

That EVO test shot seems to be made from the same cheap plastic they used on their VF-2ss. The 1/60 has me slightly more interested. What's the point in having a High End toy if the landing gear is useless and ugly anyway? This way they'll only have to concentrate in making sure the toy is sturdy and locks together well. Cheaper and fun to fiddle with is also a bonus. 

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

1/60 is gonna be pretty small, but I'm cautiously optimistic as long as it locks together better than the previous MPC one's and the hands don't crumble, Still NOT digging the Evo Toys one -- Looks like a $30 plastic toy...

I think it may be close in size to those Toynami 1/100 Veritechs

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

DFJPWyGVwAE_HK2.thumb.jpg.3689b9bdf43837d61df0fce6db5f59c0.jpg

It sounds like HG/Toynami is trying to cover their bases by making the EVO toys Legioss available for order stateside, while also pursuing their own Robotech-branded Alpha design.  Seems not unlike what they did when they produced Robotech-branded MPC Alphas while also importing the Aoshima Legioss.  

Jenius, can you ask about weather HG could be distributing the Riobot MOSPEADA, any other ride armour toys, and weather each Legioss/Alpha has a Tread/Beta planned?

More pics of that 1/60 would be appreciated too.

11 minutes ago, SuperSenpai said:

It sounds like HG/Toynami is trying to cover their bases by making the EVO toys Legioss available for order stateside, while also pursuing their own Robotech-branded Alpha design.  Seems not unlike what they did when they produced Robotech-branded MPC Alphas while also importing the Aoshima Legioss.  

Is it Toynami though? It's been a long time since they made a new Robotech toy mold; they are mostly milking the 1/100 VF-1 these days. KitzConcept has previously talked about making a 1/55 Robotech toy line, but 1/55 is not 1/60...

It's definitely Toynami (the 1/60). There doesn't seem to be anyone knowledgeable to answer questions though and I haven't found any Sentinel  people. I got pics on a good camera I'll upload later so we can look from different angles and analyze joints, I don't think there are ratchets on the arms but there's also no metal. 

23 minutes ago, jenius said:

I didn't see Kids Logic at SDCC at all so no Cyclone statue. I didn't see KitzConcept either.

Dang. I thought they would be there, but there's nothing on their Facebook to suggest it. :(

At the Robotech panel they did show a picture of the Max figure but no pictures of a different cockpit. They said the cockpit is sold out but stay tuned for more announcements. 

The pilot seat is removable from cockpit and there is a separate sitting figure for the cockpit. 

Edited by jenius

BOOOM!

DFbl97yWAAAtoJe.thumb.jpg.2ebeab714bad4e4d3733403974278c3f.jpg

Kids Logic is proud to present the work of art - Mospeada 1: 4 Armor Cyclone statue.

MOSPEADA is an anime science fiction TV series in 80’s, the story starts in the background of 21st century, Earth's pollution problems result in the development of a new hydrogen fuel , a mysterious alien race - Inbit invades Earth and the earth becomes desolate with only a few pockets of human beings scattered throughout the planet, the cyclone armor is the main weapon for human to against Inbit.

Kids Logic design team spent nearly eight months studying the entire background of Mosepeda, the possible posture of the Cyclone in real life, the visual balancing and the sculpting, plus another 3 Months of trials of different texture and color effects. The Kids Logic’s Mospeada 1 : 4 Armor Cyclone is truly a piece of art.

Please visit us at Hong Kong ACG 2017 (booth F01) starts from 28 July
Pre-order is about to start online at www.kids-logic.com, stay tuned!

Thanks seti88 and sh9000. 

I don't really like the style either. Which will potentially save me a lot of cash.

Why does his helmet light up? Do Kid's Logic have to shove lighting everywhere they can..? :unsure: What's the use of camo colors if you blend into the environment like a Christmas tree... :unsure:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Too stylized for me. <_<

And for the price for sure, I rather spent it on the upcoming Sentinel transformable figure. ^_^

I think I prefer some stylization over non-canon variants. :rolleyes: But I agree that this is not the greatest rendition. 

No worries tober, happy to share -_- As for the lighting, i suspect it simulates the HUD reflection onto the helmet.

Styling wise, yes the pose is a little stiff, but i think its meant to be viewed from the angle of the fist to the targeting system/helmet. But not as posed like a sideshow collectible for sure.

Details and weathering are quite nice tho, loving those dirty layered tires -_- ..Proportions dont seem too bad, its cartoony, but that's a look in itself...

I suspect this would do no justice to wallets but its nice to see a different type of homage to a beloved series.

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Proportions dont seem too bad, its cartoony, but that's a look in itself...

The proportions don't look cartoony at all; looks like a real guy wearing a costume to me.  If anything, the proportions are too realistic...  It's way off the animation model sheets.

Apart from the considerable discrepancy in proportion, there's also the color, the markings, and a myriad of surface detailing that differ significantly from the source material.

Obviously, this is not intended for Mospeada purists like us.

[ . . . ]

So who do they expect to buy this?

The casual Robotech fan who happens to have an extra thousand dollars to spend?

Specialty retail store owners looking for an expensive display item for their shops?

Rich landscapers tired of decorating the lawn with garden gnomes?

I fear manufacturers will blame poor sales on a lack of demand for Mospeada product, instead of considering the product itself may be the problem.  <_<