The guys over at the Bubbegum Crisis thread are discussing a Figma poster announcing a new Motoslave. What caught my attention tho' si the small poster nxt to it: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/549580 apparently Figma is toying with the idea of doing their own Ridearmors. Why is that every once in a while, every toy company is into Mospeada at the same time?

On 2/18/2017 at 5:17 PM, F360 said:

1487457509254.thumb.jpg.5075489b2c52888340966896caf7bf34.jpg

On 2/18/2017 at 6:10 PM, UN Spacy said:

Posted em online and someone on IG and Twitter said that's a fake. :( 

21 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

The guys over at the Bubbegum Crisis thread are discussing a Figma poster announcing a new Motoslave. What caught my attention tho' si the small poster nxt to it: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/549580 apparently Figma is toying with the idea of doing their own Ridearmors. Why is that every once in a while, every toy company is into Mospeada at the same time?

Welcome to the era of fake news......it'll be great, your gonna love it! :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Why is that every once in a while, every toy company is into Mospeada at the same time?

Yeah, that's what happened last time. Only CMs were able to deliver a full line-up. Megahouse quit and Beagle died. :(

Now, for better or worse, Evolution Toys are filling the position for the dead CMs Corps.

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Welcome to the era of fake news......it'll be great, your gonna love it! :rolleyes:

I think it was confirmed that the pic with Macross The First is fake. While the pic with Bubblegum Crisis and MOSPEADA is genuine.

3 hours ago, Tober said:

Yeah, that's what happened last time. Only CMs were able to deliver a full line-up. Megahouse quit and Beagle died. :(

Now, for better or worse, Evolution Toys are filling the position for the dead CMs Corps.

I think it was confirmed that the pic with Macross The First is fake. While the pic with Bubblegum Crisis and MOSPEADA is genuine.

This is correct, the photo with Macross The First looks to be fake. The poster with BGC and Mospeada is genuine, as folks who were in attendance took photos of it at the booth, including Yacopu, who posted it to Twitter.

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice. So Figma will start with Ley. Though I wonder if it's transformable or fixed. Mospeada photo says 'Armor Cycle / Ride Armor VF-052T & Riding Suit' in katakana.

I can't imagine that there will be two 1/12 perfect transformation mospeadas on the market at once. Ex:ride seems to be Max Factory's 1/12 scale motorcycle brand. My guess is that we'll get a fixed-form cycle, figure, and separate ride armor parts.

52 minutes ago, chaff.g said:

I can't imagine that there will be two 1/12 perfect transformation mospeadas on the market at once. Ex:ride seems to be Max Factory's 1/12 scale motorcycle brand. My guess is that we'll get a fixed-form cycle, figure, and separate ride armor parts.

I see. Fixed form I guess is ok as long that it comes with both in Ride Armor and Armor Cycle. But since it's a 1/12 scale figure there's a possibility that it might be a parts-former kind of transformation. Megahouse did it in 1/15 so I think it's a safe bet that it will be another parts-former figure.

How long does it usually take Figma to go from preview to production? 

From what I can put together, that Riobot MOSPEDA was what SAVE was alluding to to be on display at Wonderfest a few years ago. Preorders could go up tomorrow or next year or...

Finally made it over to this thread. The announcement of the Sentinel Ride Armor is the best news I've heard since about 1984. I almost don't care about any other releases and just want this now.

Sentinel usually makes repaints/retools so I would be amazed if we don't see variants after the initial release.

20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Finally made it over to this thread. The announcement of the Sentinel Ride Armor is the best news I've heard since about 1984. I almost don't care about any other releases and just want this now.

Sentinel usually makes repaints/retools so I would be amazed if we don't see variants after the initial release.

I take it you never heard of Beagle releases few years ago? That one is superb even if it didn't last. And it's big at 1/10. 1/8 would be nice though but 1/10 is fine. Transformation and the proportion is not as anime accurate but it's perfect as is. Like I said too bad it didn't last since they only released the 2 main guys characters. I wouldn't mind too if this New Mospeada is the only one they will going to release since it's just a stand alone. But how I wish that this one will be succesful to green lit the others if they're planning on releasing it as well.

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I take it you never heard of Beagle releases few years ago? That one is superb even if it didn't last. And it's big at 1/10. 1/8 would be nice though but 1/10 is fine. Transformation and the proportion is not as anime accurate but it's perfect as is. Like I said too bad it didn't last since they only released the 2 main guys characters. I wouldn't mind too if this New Mospeada is the only one they will going to release since it's just a stand alone. But how I wish that this one will be succesful to green lit the others if they're planning on releasing it as well.

I've heard about all the previous releases but never was able to get any. I love Sentinel so I'm kinda glad I missed all the others and I'm sure I'll be very happy with this upcoming release. I'll probably get the Figma version too.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I've heard about all the previous releases but never was able to get any. I love Sentinel so I'm kinda glad I missed all the others and I'm sure I'll be very happy with this upcoming release. I'll probably get the Figma version too.

Ok. Now I understand why you said 'is the best news...' Becuase now you will have a bigger chance on getting some. ;) 

But yeah, 1/12 scale is not bad. Atleast it will be in line with most Figma/Figuarts/6 inches figures. :)

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Now I understand why you said 'is the best news...' Becuase now you will have a bigger chance on getting some. ;) 

But yeah, 1/12 scale is not bad. Atleast it will be in line with most Figma/Figuarts/6 inches figures. :)

Yep! As good as the other ones are, I'm pretty sure I'll like the Sentinel version more. I'll pay their prices happily for it too.

58 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Stick, is so going to try to muscle his way into a 1/12 Scopedog at some point. 

On 2/22/2017 at 8:43 PM, Graham said:

In that above fighter mode pic, it looks like the rear landing gear wheels are not even touching the ground and it's actually resting on the rear landing gear door tips. :blink:

Because the main gear units are too small, and that would be a fairly easy fix even on a 1/48 toy. The Legioss' calves are quite bulky and hang low, so the struts have to reach down far enough. I solved that by giving it a bit of a jackrabbit stance on my interpretation.

^^Consider how long the nose section is, there's also no reason for them to not lengthen the landing gear in the nose.

Honestly, unless they put rachet joints in the shoulders, knees, and possibly, the hips, I don't see this new Legioss being exceedingly superior to the Toynami or CMs versions. 

It may have a few improvements over these older two.  But it won't be a revolutionary difference (think Bandai SOC Voltron vs. Toynami Voltron).

The shoulder design probably doesn't leave that much room, but it'd be interesting to see someone try to incorporate lateral movement in the shoulders (think shoulder fly lifts).  Or maybe have someone design the arm boosters from the beginning to actually be a real connection point with the Tread.

I'm with Mog. As much as I want to be hyped about it, I feel like I already owned ET's Legioss. Sculpt aside, the engineering is no better than that of Toynami or CM's, so I don't see how this one would do better in the areas those toys were lacking, and  I don't feel like getting the same toy trice.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I just hope the hands on ET's Legioss don't crumble as did the Toynami's

After owning ET's VF-2SS I can tell you the hands are made from a sturdy plastic vs. the Toynami toys. I'm sure they'll use the same material for their Legioss too. 

On 2/20/2017 at 6:43 PM, JetJockey said:

Does anyone know the full story behind the new Cyclone / Ride Armor design? I recall seeing it I think on a magazine cover or article. Was it simply Aramaki modernizing the design to see what he could come up with? Did he make drawings of the other color variations like Rook and Lancer's bikes?

There are modernized versions of all the variations in this Mospeada Dojin.

From Comic Market 91 by Kurobousidan circle

Here are the Rook and Lancer versions.  If you can read the text would you be so kind as to post a translation?  If anyone is interested in translating the entire Dojin (it is 16 pages) please contact me.

Enjoy, Carl

Rook.png

Lancer.png

Edited by wwwmwww

Photos of the two animation legends during a 2D/3D animation conference at the Japan Tours Festival 2017 in France.. They will be there from 25 to 26 Feb 2017.

https://twitter.com/JapanTours37/status/835542776121028608
https://twitter.com/Lysiane46/status/835219987124088836

This girl got to meet Shinji Aramaki in France.

16904664_778839058952124_703992679185693

And some other guy that made Robotech... or something... ;)

16836102_778839055618791_451958938287885

C5hxt7zWQAIcwPu_zpsplyjnxiz.jpg

8 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

Here are the Rook and Lancer versions.  If you can read the text would you be so kind as to post a translation?  If anyone is interested in translating the entire Dojin (it is 16 pages) please contact me.

Enjoy, Carl

Can you upload that dojin as a PDF or something. I haven't seen those images before! :blink:

47 minutes ago, Tober said:

Photos of the two animation legends during a 2D/3D animation conference at the Japan Tours Festival 2017 in France.. They will be there from 25 to 26 Feb 2017.

https://twitter.com/JapanTours37/status/835542776121028608
https://twitter.com/Lysiane46/status/835219987124088836

MW member Ratatarse organized this!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

On 2/25/2017 at 1:01 PM, wwwmwww said:

Enjoy, Carl

Rook.png

Lancer.png

Thanks for these. I guess it's possible that we might get these designs too if the first one is successful. And I can't read Kanji. I would have to get out my book and start looking them up.

That Riobot is the most beautiful toy I've seen in quite some time. It's going to be pricey but hopefully the build quality will not disappoint as Sentinel usually produces good stuff.

Regarding transformation as Kazuo said earlier it looks like this one is actually working "realistically" regarding the transition from rider on a bike to armored trooper. It'll be very exciting if they can pull it off and still limit the transformation headache below Beagle levels.