SV-51's feature in Macross Zero ep. 3

Final Vegeta

People talked about the telescopic head, about the errata on the number of its miniguns in the Compendium, about the way it stores the gunpod... but I didn't hear anyone talking about the protective visor over face sensors Ivanov lowered before getting tackled by Roy. Will this mecha ever stop being unbearably cool? B))

FV

Another feature on the SV-51 I haven't seen before (or didn't notice), the wings can fold in fighter mode too for a high speed config.

When Nora was chasing Shin, after he fired his missles, she dodged and trandsformed into fighter, she did it to catch up.

post-2-1071288184_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Another feature on the SV-51 I haven't seen before (or didn't notice), the wings can fold in fighter mode too for a high speed config.

When Nora was chasing Shin, after he fired his missles, she dodged and trandsformed into fighter, she did it to catch up.

never relized the -0 gunpod is on the left arm. that pic of the -51 looks pure evil with its wings folded.

never relized the -0 gunpod is on the left arm.

That's because it's not.

Yeah, Shin had already tossed the gunpod at this point in the episode.

Yup. I think that's the AFOS fragment that Shin was holding on to. :p

Still....I don't think we've ever seen a gunpod in the left hand (of a valkyrie) before. :(

While noticing things about Macross Zero Episode 3. Did you guys notice how Shin was able to eject from the VF-0 without a flight suit on? That's a big flaw, unless he managed to slip it on before bailing out, but I doubt that very much. :rolleyes:

That's a very good and very true catch.

Without the rest of the flight suit, he doesn't have the parachute strap attachments. He'll have a seat belt on the ejection seat, but the parachute will not be attached to him.

While noticing things about Macross Zero Episode 3.  Did you guys notice how Shin was able to eject from the VF-0 without a flight suit on?  That's a big flaw, unless he managed to slip it on before bailing out, but I doubt that very much. :rolleyes:

That's a very good and very true catch.

Without the rest of the flight suit, he doesn't have the parachute strap attachments. He'll have a seat belt on the ejection seat, but the parachute will not be attached to him.

perhaps all he need to do is strap himself to the Seat, which has a built in parachute in the seat itself.

Yeah there really does seem to be some time missing - from Nora crashing to Shin running in the woods. We see Shin running away from small-arms fire (no clue where they came from) and Nora's piloting/riding along in one of the Anti-UN Octos right after she got forced down....now I can see her radioing in for help (we see the Octos are connected via radio to the rest of the assault force) but the editing just seems off a bit

F360° has a point there. I think the parachute pack is already part of the seat when the pilot straps in.

Today's Ejection seats have the parachute built in. ACES II ejection seats that the AF uses have two actually, a drogue chute to slow the seat, then the main chute goes. The pilot is attached to the seat two ways. The seat belt, which disengages during the sequence, and the pair UWARS "buckles" that attached to the pilot's flight suit. The suit (flight harness or whatever they call it, I don't remember anymore) has half of the buckle, the other half is on the parachute riser.

When you pull the handle, an I-reel pulls you back on the seat using the risers. Canopy goes, seat catapult fires, alond with the vernier rocket mounted under the seat with a gyro to keep you straight. Once you clear the aircraft (there is a lever that is actuated within the seat once it clears the aircraft) the drogue cute fires, slowing you down. There is an atmosphere sensor to determine airspeed and altitude, this tells the sequencer wether the drougue is necessary, example if you eject on the ground the drogue won't fire, there is no need. After the drogue goes, the main chute deploys. The seat belt disengages, the straps are released from their attachment pin on the seat, and the chute pulls you from the seat. The survival kit that is underneath the seat pan goes with you, as at the same time the seat belt is disconnected the seat pan is unlocked, and the kit leaves with you. When you strap in you also connect youself to the survival kit via two buckles. The seat just falls freely and you hope it doesn't hit a cow or something on the ground.

If you land in water, the uwars are supposed to release automatically automatically (UWARS = underwater automatic release, IIRC. Life Support handled the UWARS, and flight suit stuff, Egress does the actual explosive seat stuff, and chute shop packed the chutes in the housing assembly, which either life support of Egress would install in the seat, depending if the jet was on the flightline or if the seat was in our shop. Egress is what I worked in while I was in the AF.

Those UWARS are all that attach you to the chute.

Therefore Shin really would have done a wil e. coyote.

Edited by Anubis

Therefore Shin really would have done a wil e. coyote.

Super description, Anubis!

I agree, it's probably an oversight, but is it possible that Shin could have grabbed the UWARS or something else connected to the chute before it deployed (and not gotten his shoulders dislocated when it did deploy)?