Macross 30... Working on Translation Guide

Zoroastres

Thank you very much Chronicidal!

One of the few times that I went into the Guild Quests, I am under the impression that I cleared a mission without doing anything. I was supposed to destroy or acquire something, but I selected something else in the menu and somehow I got the quest cleared so maybe that's an option with items you already have. I'll try to replicate this weekend what I did before, to see if it works again.

That can definitely happen, I've done it quite a bit by just collecting any items I happen across (when I'm not too lazy to grab them). I kind of enjoy the challenge of picking them up without leaving fighter mode. :lol:

But yes, collect enough stuff, and some quests will auto-complete when you choose them. It can also create a few headaches if you happened to pick up the relevant unique items long ago (even to the point of picking them up on a previous playthrough of the game), and shoved them into your storage without a thought.

If I can't seem to find an item needed by a green quest, my backup procedure is to dump any and all quest items from storage into my inventory, and then check the quest log from the control room to see if anything has changed.

I can't get to the images from here to see if the guild menu is translated yet, but the four options for the guild base quest lists are roughly:

1: Choose Quest

2: Turn In Quest

3: Give Up Quest

4: Exit

Note, if you try to accept more than 5 quests, it brings up a menu of your current quests, and lets you pick one to replace. Circle should confirm which one you want to drop, X should cancel and take you back to the previous menu.

Probably a pipe dream, but is there any hope at all that a fan sub "patch" (sort of like DLC) could ever be generated?

Not a hope in hell I'm afraid. It's always nice to dream though, I suppose. So far I'm finding the story to be fairly good and the in-jokes to be pretty funny :-)

hey everyone I just upload the beginning of the game play of macross 30 ... I wonder can someone translate it and put some type of subtitle to it... make into a srt file or something. I know everyone is busy playing the game and with life and stuff, the file is only less then 100 mb but the file is 12 min. long.

http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/13072066/file.html

I don't have the game itself but the story seem interesting .

Probably a pipe dream, but is there any hope at all that a fan sub "patch" (sort of like DLC) could ever be generated?

If this were a PC game there would be hope for all kinds of possibilities. But being on PS3 nothing will ever happen. We'll be lucky if they even provide additional maps/planes as DLC.

I'm not very far into the game (1-6 or so) but I'm actively avoiding the story stuff because the story (so far) is anything -but- interesting. Leon's whole background seems incredibly cliched; Aisha is an insufferable stereotype... and mysterious-frozen-girl-with-amnesia? Really? Yikes. I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry at the game for being a Macross product that insists on using bad, generic music for 99% of gameplay.

Anyway:

I'm loving GoogleDocs/GoogleDrive.

Anyway, I wasn't able to get as much work done on it this weekend as I'd hoped. I probably won't have a real decent chunk of time to devote to it for another 10 or 11 days... but in the mean-time, I've got this:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6r3Sy1LnkpxSGJxOUR4VFVac0k/edit?usp=sharing

It's a link to my in-progress guide. The cool thing is that, with GoogleDrive, it will automatically sync to the file on my PC, so every time I change or add something to the file, it's automatically updated.

It's very rough at the moment and doesn't really contain much information that I haven't posted already, but hey, it's cool!

I'm not very far into the game (1-6 or so) but I'm actively avoiding the story stuff because the story (so far) is anything -but- interesting. Leon's whole background seems incredibly cliched; Aisha is an insufferable stereotype... and mysterious-frozen-girl-with-amnesia? Really? Yikes. I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry at the game for being a Macross product that insists on using bad, generic music for 99% of gameplay.

Stereotypes in anime? Shock! But seriously, give it a while. If you don't do any of the story stuff, you won't know what's going on with Yurva Arga.

Also, excellent work on the guide! Looking forward to your entries on the quests. :)

I think the main draw really is to see all these characters we love actually interact with each other. So far it's hilarious. It's incredible they put in so so much voice work on this.

But cliched? Yeah, the plot is an excuse to bring together damn near every main Macross character ever and have them interact. I'll accept any lame excuse for that, welcome it, and please may I have another sir.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect the actual plot to be anything groundbreaking here. The only reason it's there is because they wanted an open world game where you could have all the characters meet up, and the episodic structure of the PSP games wouldn't allow for something like that. Sure, you got to play through all the famous scenarios in the various series and movies, but you probably didn't get any funny dialogue when Ozma met Basara. :p

I am looking forward to seeing the entire story mode translated at some point, but I've kind of given up on the story making much sense anyway due to the way the ending went. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

I think the main draw really is to see all these characters we love actually interact with each other. So far it's hilarious. It's incredible they put in so so much voice work on this.

But cliched? Yeah, the plot is an excuse to bring together damn near every main Macross character ever and have them interact. I'll accept any lame excuse for that, welcome it, and please may I have another sir.

My general experience with Macross games:

"God, these people are stupid."

(Some time later)

"God, Basara is awesome!"

Anyway....

Somewhat... since I last checked, they've updated the wiki w/ pages for individual towns--listing out items sold & guild quests. It's not complete, but it seems better to segregate guild quests by town. From that, I had some time to day to quickly translate the guild quests for Doaren and Skuld.

Like I've been saying, I haven't really been playing the game. I've got the kana spelling for locations, but I know the game uses English--which is what I'd prefer to use for the translations. So if someone could tell me the english for the following locations, I'd appreciate it.

(Bowen)

-Vuvazu

-Bareigu

-Gangueri

-Beruveruku

(Skuld)

-Kanonasu

-Furoputo

-Gagunrazu

-Iyaruku

-Fabuniru

-Yuruba-Aga

Edited by Zoroastres

Yeah, Type C is the way to play for me.

Lock on, slightly lead the target if it is moving perpendicular; when they stop or change direction, let go of lock just for a moment and relock to re-center the target and start shooting again and lead the other way if needed. I try and keep my Gunpod and laser shot speeds exactly the same and as high as sanely possible for ease of aiming & leading targets.

I so love knocking them out of the sky so they are crashed for a moment, then lobbing a Reaction missile at 'em when they are down and watch em burn in nuclear fusion fire while they try and get up.

Anyway, I won't be able to update again until Thursday night. I've added
a bunch of blueprint locations (not all, not by a longshot) and got
complete Guild Quest information/translations for Daoren, Britai City,
Bowen, Yue, and Skuld.

More for us? Looking forward to it

:hail: Zoroastres - Thank you so much for your hard work!

Edited by Kaldar5

I have a request for the translation guide: could some of our contributing members include some of the better character quotes, in-jokes and dialogue references for each chapter-based section? A I understand it, that's a major draw for the game and would be really cool to read along with as we follow a walkthrough (I've seen similar things included in strategy guides).

Just got an email from my prof., now I've got until Friday to finish my paper, so I'll probably be taking that time. So... a bit longer until the next update.

I did look into translating skills, but none were up on the wiki. So, hopefully this weekend.

Translating mission info also reveals that item list is woefully incomplete. There seem to be a pretty big number of "equipable" items (Stuff that grants passive bonuses). Looks like 1 for every character in the game. Really hoping at least of of 'em just grants a speed bonus. Love me some high-speed cruisin'.

I have a request for the translation guide: could some of our contributing members include some of the better character quotes, in-jokes and dialogue references for each chapter-based section? A I understand it, that's a major draw for the game and would be really cool to read along with as we follow a walkthrough (I've seen similar things included in strategy guides).

That's a good idea. So if anyone can help with that... please!

Okay... just finished a very large update to the guide. I've got a midterm next week, so no more big updates for a few more days. Anyway, here's what's been added:

-57% of guild quest information!
-guild quest list
-huge update of consumable item list & information
-huge update of special equipment list & information
-update of blueprints list
-update of race information
-added most town shop inventories for most everything w/ price information & NG+ stock

Re: the guild quests. Assuming what that one person said was true, and the guild quest list on the wiki reflects the guild quests as the appear in the gallery's war record, there are a grand total of 201 guild quests. I've got 114! But there is some weird stuff. I don't know if it's the result of the game being weird or errors in the wiki--I'm still at 1-8, after all, haven't been able to play all week. Lucily, there are only two (or, rather, four) cases.

-There are 2 S-Rank Ice Fang missions (identical japanese quest titles w/ different rewards. One is in Uruzu, the other in Veruzandi.
-There are 2 SS-Rank Revenge of the Mad Dog quests (again, identical titles) w/ different rewards. Both of these are in Veruzandi.

At this point, it's probably a good thing I won't have time to work on the guide at all for a few more days--with my organizing and cross-referencing, I've actually got more information on my guide than there is on the wiki I'm translating from. Hopefully there'll be some more there for me to work with after the weekend.

---

For EVERYONE, I'd strongly recommend checking out the "Special Equipment" item list--those inventory items with the diamond/crystal (IIRC) icon confer special effects to you while their in your inventory, and a lot of them are quite nice. Shin's Tags, for example, give you +20 defense and +20 concentration. Be careful, though, because some equips have negative penalties, too--like -100 concentration for "ganesu's fur."

(And would someone mind checking for me to see if these bonuses stack?)

---

As before, I've got a lot of romanizations of kana, particularly for character and place names. If you notice something that's wrong, please point it out.

Edited by Zoroastres

You are a prince among men. Having translations out for the quests is AWESOME. If I run across anything that can help, I'll let you know.

Oh, I can tell you that the Silver reward for race 10 in the Julia Islands are the YF-21 FAST Packs.

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

O

For EVERYONE, I'd strongly recommend checking out the "Special Equipment" item list--those inventory items with the diamond/crystal (IIRC) icon confer special effects to you while their in your inventory, and a lot of them are quite nice. Shin's Tags, for example, give you +20 defense and +20 concentration. Be careful, though, because some equips have negative penalties, too--like -100 concentration for "ganesu's fur."

(And would someone mind checking for me to see if these bonuses stack?)

I have noticed on the special diamond/gem shaped items that are all trinkets or personal luck charms (Alto's fold quartz earring, Leon's photo of his sis, ect)

When you click on one, it turns light blue. I think this equips one and only one item. Can only have one light blue highlighted at a time.

Seems like I have been carrying these around for no reason. I have not confirmed on stats, will go do that now....

Confirmed. You equip these items. They do no good if you do not equip them, and you can only have ONE equipped at a time. The others in your inventory give NO stat bonuses. Put them away in storage.

I guess it does no good to have your cockpit filled up with sentimental crap.

Edited by Kaldar5

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't it, but I got bored of studying (I don't think I'm gonna do well on this midterm......) and updated the guide again.

When I'm done tonight, there will be two new sections before the Guild Quests section--Skill List and Field Maps. The Skill List section is 90% done. Every auto-skill and support-skill is detailed, all I'm missing are the icons for auto-skills. Does the game tell you the actual skill name or only give you the icon? I haven't checked. I may never get the skill icons, so hopefull people will still be able to figure things out. That's up and you can check it right now.

What I'm finishing up right now is Field Maps.

All of the Towns/Caves have an "english" name I'd like to (eventually) use. I've got that--but what about the ship? I've seen it referred to as the "Gefion," which I believe is supposed to be "Gefjon" -- following the Norse them the game has going--but there are numerous ways to write that in English (Gefjon, Gefion, Gefjun, etc.) does the game have a preference?

Anyway, in an hour or so when I have the maps finished, it should (hopefully) be a lot easier for people to point at certain places and say, "No, that's wrong. The English the game uses for that word X."

EDIT: Finished the maps.

Please let me know what the "proper" spellings are for all those dungeons I haven't seen yet.

And a weird thing: Britai City's "English" name is Vrlitwhai City. So I've had to change all that... which is a shame, Britai City sounds so much cooler. But, accessibility and all that. Hope it didn't confuse anyone.

Edited by Zoroastres

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't it, but I got bored of studying (I don't think I'm gonna do well on this midterm......) and updated the guide again.

Keep goin!

And yeah, keep both spellings in there or at least refer to Britai some so Macross fans can at least know who the SDF-08 was named after.

And yes, the entire game uses ALOT of properly spelled Norse. I don't think you can go wrong in that case. Leon's callsign is "Seigfried-01" his rival Rod is "Odin"; and yeah several other references such as locations.

Yeah, thing is, I don't know what most of the norse references are. I mean, yeah, I get stuff like Siegfried and Nidhogg... but what could Nomosu be? Or Sangetaru?

Anyway, I've edited my previous post to reflect the maps for all three fields. Will update Guide file in a moment.

@Zoroastres

I was just about to post the english dungeon names but you beat me too it. The english names that pop up are a bit different then the direct Japanese translations. I assume that is because the cave names are in engrish.

I've include the on screen english names for all the dungeons and cities (that I've found) and their rough positions, hope it helps someone.

Positions given relative to a clock face. For instance a dungeon at 4 O'Clock would be to the right and beneath the centre of the map

Grass Planet                
Position    Dungeon        Position    Town
12    Gangleri Ruins        2    Leopold City
2    Baleygr Ruins          6    Daoren 
3    Faros Base             8    Yue
4,Close    Bolvekr Ruins    11    Bowen
4,Far    Ratatoskr Cave    Centre    Vrlitwhal City
6,Close    Fovos Base            
6,Far    Mimir            
9    Vafudr            
10    Nidhogg Cave            
11    Misos Base