Swooshiex

PS2 90001 and Super Dimension Fortress Macross game compatible?

Hi everyone,

I have a PS2 90001 USA model. Is the Super Dimension Fortress Macross game compatible with it?

If not, which PS2 version do I need?

Thank you so much!

Edited by i12fj

Hi everyone,

I have a PS2 90001 USA model. Is the Super Dimension Fortress Macross game compatible with it?

If not, which PS2 version do I need?

Thank you so much!

The game will not run on a US PS2 unless it has been modchipped to play games from multiple regions. Alternatively, it will run on any Japanese model PS2.

I have have a modded PS2 just to play this game, but I recently tried using a ps2 emulator on my PC and it actually worked quite well. It even upscales the graphics into HD. Just do a search for PS2X.

Edited by pavesk8

So this ps2 emulator, do you have to DL the games or can you use the ps2 games you already own and just pop them in the pc?

All you need is an ISO image of the disc. So either way works. I made an image of my copy Macross using Imgburn. I will admit setting up the emulator was a little complicated but the guides online explained it all.

I play this game with the emulator as well. I have a pretty high end machine but everything runs really smoothly and configuring the emulator wasn't all that bad.

If I decide to get a Japanese PS2, will it work with my Samsung LED HDTV bought in the USA? I'm guessing men is NTSC. thank you!

If I decide to get a Japanese PS2, will it work with my Samsung LED HDTV bought in the USA? I'm guessing men is NTSC. thank you!

A Japanese PS2 will work just fine on your LED since both the US and Japan use NTSC.

thank you! do you guys use a playstation-like controller to play the game on PC?

I use a logitech gamepad which is pretty similar to an xbox or ps controller.

I went with swap magic. It was spendy but it was so easy to install and worth it. I'd rather use that than buggy emulators any given day.

i'm thinking of getting a japanese ps2 to play the game. does anyone know of any compatibility problems with any version of the japanese ps2?

is there any good english translation guide for this game?

thank you!

I can tell you that swap magic, in my experience, doesn't work for all games so I don't recommend it. For example the ACE games. I just bought a Japanese console and this game works fine.

Not sure you need a translation guide since the menus are all in English unless you want a dialog translation.

I went with swap magic. It was spendy but it was so easy to install and worth it. I'd rather use that than buggy emulators any given day.

Just out of curiosity, what bugs are you referring to? I just got done playing both Battlecry and SDF Macross on PCSX2 smooth as glass, and with higher res and anti aliasing...

Just out of curiosity, what bugs are you referring to? I just got done playing both Battlecry and SDF Macross on PCSX2 smooth as glass, and with higher res and anti aliasing...

what's PCSX2? Did you get to play SDF Macross in english using it?

argh i just received my japanese PS2 and SDF Macross game.

PCSX2 is a Playstation 2 emulator... It's come a long way, plays most stuff pretty well or perfectly now (I've played ACE3, SDF Macross, Battlecry, FF12, Aggressive Inline, etc. with no issues), so I think it's a viable option. As far as "argh", if you are going to enjoy using it I don't think there is anything to regret either, emulators are great but obviously there's no beating original hardware.

As to playing SDF Macross in English, the console isn't going to effect the game's language, I'm pretty sure that game is only in Japanese... ;)

Congrats on getting the game and supporting Macross!

Also, yeah, as has already been said, there will never be an Engliah language option in a Macross game, ever.

Congrats on getting the game and supporting Macross!

Also, yeah, as has already been said, there will never be an Engliah language option in a Macross game, ever.

thank you!

what is the best translation guide for this game that is available free online?

i just started on this game and it definitely looks a lot cooler than Battlecry. I'm hoping to complete this game before I move on to Macross 30 next.

Well the game is fairly straight forward (follows either tv or movie storyline) so no-one seems to have done a walkthrough as far as I know.

Some secrets and unlocks can be found here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/917918-chou-jikuu-yousai-macross/faqs/26699

http://www.cheatmasters.com/cheats/22947/Choujikuu_Yousai_Macross_cheats.html

Also, the old gamefaqs message board threads are worth looking through if you somehow get stuck.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/917918-chou-jikuu-yousai-macross

Its a great game (I know a few people who were involved in it) so happy gaming!

Anyone knows where can I download the iso for the game?

Thanx.

For me, this is the best Macross game ever. Really good control scheme, even better than Macross 30.

I remember when I started playing, I couldn't stop 'till I finished it!

Just discovered this game existed.  It is the Macross game that I always wanted, but didn't think existed.

Yeah, the graphics are a little dated, and the gameplay gets a tad repetitive, but if you ever wanted to feel like you were in an episode of SDF Macross (or DYRL), this game is unbeatable. Much better than the Battlecry game we got in the States.

Having all the vf-1 valks and accessories available to play around with in-game (and even the vf-4!) is a dream.