New Yamato addict...

plastik

Yeah I was thinking that I'd need the whole team lol. I'm going for a TV version team. So I'm prob gonna custom paint the sdf-1 to TV colors. I'm a bad painter but it doesn't hurt to try lol.

That's about the only option for a "TV" version of the SDF-1, my problem with that is the lines on it are all wrong. Even with the correct colors it isn't shaped like the SDFM version.

man I'm having the hardest time finding a vf-1s max. im seriously considering buying an unpainted version and doing it myself

Too much work. The easiest way would be to buy an extra VF-1S and change either the yellow or red markings to blue and instant VF-1S Max. I did that with a 1/48 scale Valkyrie.

post-15125-0-54200100-1363651842_thumb.jpg

I've been on a mission to complete my DYRL Skulls and Max has been my white unicorn. I totally agree with you on it being too much work!! I already have Roy and Hikaru and thanks to Mr. VF-Zer0S I've been able to find Max but I don't know if I can convince myself to pay $220 for it, especially since I picked up Roy and Hikaru at $130 shipped each. Getting another VF-1S and repainting it seems to be an easier option. Did you repaint Roy or Hikaru? I'm curious to know which color would the blue cover better. Also which blue did you use and is the Skull on the blast shield a sticker or paint? Thanks guys!

Too much work. The easiest way would be to buy an extra VF-1S and change either the yellow or red markings to blue and instant VF-1S Max. I did that with a 1/48 scale Valkyrie.

Does anyone know if the VF-1S Maximilian were only available in version 2 or did Yamato release them in version 1?

Nevermind I found the answer. According to the stickied thread it was only released in 2009 as version 2? thanks!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29393

Edited by plastik

I've been on a mission to complete my DYRL Skulls and Max has been my white unicorn. I totally agree with you on it being too much work!! I already have Roy and Hikaru and thanks to Mr. VF-Zer0S I've been able to find Max but I don't know if I can convince myself to pay $220 for it, especially since I picked up Roy and Hikaru at $130 shipped each. Getting another VF-1S and repainting it seems to be an easier option. Did you repaint Roy or Hikaru? I'm curious to know which color would the blue cover better. Also which blue did you use and is the Skull on the blast shield a sticker or paint? Thanks guys!

I used a Hikaru but then realized it would have been easier with a Focker. I had to do a few extra coats over the red. I then used a extra skull decal on the heat shield. Plus the Max VF-1s has a black heat shield unlike DYRL Max VF-1A which had a blue heat shield( I preferred a blue heat shield)

I caved in and ordered a VF-1S Max from Amazon.jp using Fromjapan.jp. Thanks for the tip VF-Zer0S! Cost me $177 before fees and shipping. Somehow I managed to buy 6 Valkyries in 20 days.... my bank account is in much needed recovery.

I caved in and ordered a VF-1S Max from Amazon.jp using Fromjapan.jp. Thanks for the tip VF-Zer0S! Cost me $177 before fees and shipping. Somehow I managed to buy 6 Valkyries in 20 days.... my bank account is in much needed recovery.

What you got so far?

1/48 VF-1S Focker

1/48 VF-1J Hikaru

1/60 VF-1S Focker w/ Super Strike kit

1/60 VF-1S Hikaru 30th aniversary

1/60 VF-1S Maximilian

1/60 VF-1A Hikaru w/ Super Strike kit

The only ones left that I want are the 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru with GBP-S and VF-1J blue and red max and miria w/ Super Strike kit

• 2 weeks later...

is

the dyrl 1s max lighter than the other dyrl valks or is it jus the way

the photo looks? way back when i prioritized sdfm over dyrl so inever

picked up that max, nor the 1a. the only canon dyrl valks i have are

hik's and roy's.

they're the same

20130329_175306_LLS-1.jpg

Edited by plastik

Macross-DoYouRememberLove_4471112.jpg

I didn't put one one max because he never had one on his 1s in dyrl. He did however have one on his 1a in the begining of the movie but I havent decided if I want to pick that one up yet. and if I pick that one up then that would mean id have to pick up hayao....and I really dont wanna pick up hayao

Macross-DoYouRememberLove_4471112.jpg

I didn't put one one max because he never had one on his 1s in dyrl. He did however have one on his 1a in the begining of the movie but I havent decided if I want to pick that one up yet. and if I pick that one up then that would mean id have to pick up hayao....and I really dont wanna pick up hayao

Yes you do. He's not bad and deserves some love too :p I have the DYRL version and tv. I will get the weathered DYRL version to go with my weathered Max VF-1S. Yes you're right the Max VF-1S didn't have strike packs and so mine doesn't either.

You guys have imaginations so use them :)

That goofball pilot of the VF-1A with the green trim doesn't have to be Kak. For example, in my world, I'M the only goofball who flies that green scheme. B))

...of course I still get blown the fu_ck up :(

Edited by xrentonx