Kick-Ass 2, the sequel to the controversial 2010 comic book film Kick-Ass, is scheduled to premiere on July 19 in the UK on August 16 in the U.S. The film is directed by Jeff Wadlow (Cry Wolf, Never Back Down); Matthew Vaughn (X-Men: First Class), who directed the first film, is now one of the producers. Kick-Ass 2 will have the following actors reprising their roles:

• Aaron Taylor-Johnson (John Lennon in Nowhere Boy) as Dave Lizewski/Kick-Ass
  • Chloë Grace Moretz (Isabelle in Hugo, Carrie White in the upcoming Carrie remake) as Mindy Macready/Hit-Girl
  • Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Fogell in Superbad, Fishlegs in How to Train Your Dragon) as Chris D'Amico/The Mother F*cker (formerly Red Mist)
  • Clark Duke as Marty Eisenberg, now a.k.a. Battle Guy
  • Lyndsy Fonseca (Alex in Nikita) as Katie Deauxma
  • Yancy Butler (Witchblade) as Angie D'Amico
Here's the new cast for this film:
  • Jim Carrey (like no one here knows who he is...) as Sal Bertolinni/Captain Stars and Stripes
  • Donald Faison (Dr. Turk in Scrubs) as Doctor Gravity
  • Robert Emms as Insect Man
  • Lindy Booth as Night B!tch
  • Daniel Kaluuya (Agent Tucker in Johnny English Reborn) as Black Death
  • Augustus Prew as Todd Haynes/Ass-Kicker (replacing Evan Peters in the role)
  • Olga Kurkulina as Mother Russia
  • Andy Nyman as The Tumor
  • John Leguizamo (Luigi in Super Mario Bros., Violator in Spawn) as Javier
  • Enzo Clienti as Javier's sidekick
  • Morris Chestnut (Ricky in Boyz n the Hood, Ryan in V) as Marcus Williams (replacing Omari Hardwick in the role)
  • Claudia Lee as Brooke
  • Tanya Fear as Harlow
  • Ella Purnell as Dolce
In addition, creators Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. will make cameo appearances.

Official Site

Kick-Ass 2 @ IMDb

• 2 weeks later...

Nick Cage and Hit Girl were the high notes of the movie. Jim Carrey? Interested.

Don't know how much they will follow the sequel comic. Read a few issues but got turned off by all the gratuitous violence with no strong story.

Kick-Ass 2... because any original that sucked as bad as Kick-Ass did <sarcasm>absolutely needs</sarcasm> another go around to double down on the awful spectacle of it all... The original wasn't even worth a free rental, save for a few sequences as Duke mentioned, so this guaranteed turd-fest will be an easy pass all the way to it's all-too-quick cable debut.

Rather enjoyed the first, favorite scenes with Hit-Girl. That said the new trailer left me very underwhelmed with little to no interest in catching the sequel. Hopefully it's better then the preview indicated.

-b.

It's a fun kick them a$$ movie. nothing more nothing less. No Oscar worthy performances. Just good ol' fashion entertainment.

Thats why I liked the 1st one, will I rush off to see part 2? maybe not, but I'll go see it. B))

I see absolutely nothing ulikable in that trailer.

Does cringing a little after seeing the "Super Group" "patroling" all cocky in their homemade "suits" like they owned the streets count? :p

Haha, I'll actually go see this movie.....eat some popcorn, have a few laughs.

At least I won't feel ripped off and all pissed off like I would if I went to watch TMNT or any MB Transformer movies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Only one week left before its premiere, and the movie's cast is already stirring controversy. Despite playing one of the main characters, Jim Carrey has decided not to support the film due to the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting that took place a month after filming commenced. In response, Chloë Grace Moretz was quoted as saying:

"If you are that easily swayed, you might see The Silence of the Lambs and think you are a serial killer. It's a movie and it's fake, and I've known that since I was a kid ... I don't want to run around trying to kill people and cuss. If anything, these movies teach you what not to do."

Chloë Grace Moretz Blasts Jim Carrey's Stand Against Kick-Ass 2

Editor's Note: Do not make this a political debate.

Jim Carrey is the reason why I won't see this movie. F-ing hypocrite.

Exactly what Im thinking.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense!

Wait. No it doesn't. Celebrities gand stand their opinions constantly. I'm not going to stop watching movies because they start puking stupid or challenging my ideals. That's hypocritical. Kick Ass was good. Kick Ass 2 will stand on its own merits regardless of what the actors say in public about high-profile tragedies turned political debates.

And isn't that the point? Carrey was being a douche by making the new movie part of this larger debate. It shouldn't be. It should be just another blockbuster, good or bad.

Edited by technoblue

Don't see what people believe funny or not funny has to do with him not supporting the movie. The guy isn't a robot and can have his own free will and ideals. He signed for the movie THEN stuff happened that made him question the movie he was in but finished the job he was signed to do. Having to do now the Hollywood dick licking about a project he does not feel comfortable with should be perfectly ok. Says more about the man.

And really, the comic is really just one of those 90's hollow blood wanks that almost sunk the comicbook industry dressed as being a "what would happen if people actually did this type of things", the movie follows the latter so no surprise if someone starts doing associations in their head after what happened. Does not mean people won't be able to see or enjoy the movie.

Don't see what people believe funny or not funny has to do with him not supporting the movie. The guy isn't a robot and can have his own free will and ideals. He signed for the movie THEN stuff happened that made him question the movie he was in but finished the job he was signed to do. Having to do now the Hollywood dick licking about a project he does not feel comfortable with should be perfectly ok. Says more about the man.

100% agree

It doesn't even sound like he trashed the movie either....just won't support it. So what.

Chris