MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

OK, thank god for Sunday. It gave me quite a bit of time to progress.... until the return of that end-of-area huge alien queen boss thing. Argh, that one-shot-kill laser..!! I think I remember somebody (VF-15 Banshee, maybe?) said to use Ranka to freeze it, and then shoot the horns, eggs and then boom. I will try that next time, I didn't have Ranka equipped that time, and since there is no save point, I wasn't going to do all the way back to the ship to re-equip and then do then entire dungeon all over again just for that.

Meanwhile, I managed to get the YF-21 and if I can manage to tune it up, hopefully it will be effective against that boss, what with those arm-lasercannons and pinpoint-barrier (will that protect me against the one-hit-you're-dead-haha alien laser??).

I found that using Ranka (to slow everything down - beware the framerate gets utterly killed though), and spamming Reaction Missiles (VF-1S 4eva!)was the easiest way past the boss.

IMO, the 21 isnt really all that good or worth using at the default Lvl 1. I gave it to a wingman and found that they ended up getting shot down constantly.

But of all the bosses, the difficulty spike in that one is definitely one of the most unbalanced imo, for what its worth.

Started a new game+ file and having a blast zipping around in a Stage 3, VF-0S Focker. Thinking about Stage 3 blueprints, there really is no difference between any max loaded Stage 3 valk is there? I mean, a Stage 3 VF-0S has 999999 TP much like a Stage 3 YF-29 would right? So essentially, a Stage 3, max loaded Phoenix would be just as good as a Stage 3, max loaded Durandal?

I haven't played enough of new game+ yet, but this seems to be the case or am I wrong?

As far as I know, on the PSP versions of these games, maxed-out valks are not all the same, the more advanced ones are still better than the older models.

I don't know if that applies to M30 because all my valks are still Rank 1... :(

They play different based on weapons rate of fire, tracking, the way it handles ect, but effectively if you max out a valk it will be powerful enough to play through the game. I run a Max, Milia and Gamlin squardren of VF-22s and have the base and the gun pods maxed out and they are more than effective enough to trash stuff with a fighter mode fly by. I also have maxed out Queadluun suits and obviously they are no where near as fast, and the weapons work very differently, but they are just as effective in their own way. So basically all the planes are just as capable maxed out but with completely different play styles.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I got a problem. I'm on Chapter 5 part 2 or something I think now. I haven't been able to upgrade my valks since I got the VF-1S back in Chapter 3 I think. I've gone through the various stores I can find that aren't bandit ridden right now in the desert field, and I've explored all I can from the original field. No one has VF-11 or even YF-19 parts! So I'm sitting on VF-11B/C and YF-19 blueprints and no way I can build them.

Parts aren't sold in stores, you have to blow up enemies to get them and from treasure chests around the maps. Also, you don't specifically need parts for any particular valk, you can even use a VF-25 part on a VF-1. What you should probably do is save up specific parts for the next playthrough.

I eventually got the VF-11, but I've also got blue prints for the VF-19F now too...and I've been spending last 2 nights now just slaughtering the crap out of bandits and exploring the underground bases....but I'm not making much process. I feel like i've been blowing more gill on just getting ammo and health boxes than making progress on getting parts I need. I can't even get parts for the VF-1 or anything anymore. The shops USE TOO sell some of the stuff I needed. It'd be more help recycling parts from your previous valks to make your next valk.

I eventually got the VF-11, but I've also got blue prints for the VF-19F now too...and I've been spending last 2 nights now just slaughtering the crap out of bandits and exploring the underground bases....but I'm not making much process. I feel like i've been blowing more gill on just getting ammo and health boxes than making progress on getting parts I need. I can't even get parts for the VF-1 or anything anymore. The shops USE TOO sell some of the stuff I needed. It'd be more help recycling parts from your previous valks to make your next valk.

You don't need to actually use parts that match the blueprint you're trying to build... you can literally use any parts you have s'long as you don't go over the cap on the number of parts in total. The higher level and higher-numbered-VF parts confer more points toward build requirements per part.

My advice would be to lurk around the few areas of the map where really high-level enemies show up (the east side of the Sierra desert where the VF-25 shows up and you get swamped by VF-22s is a good one) and just cruise all the way north, then all the way south and clear the area out each time.

Once you get to the Madis Glacier, there's a lovely spot just west of the Gefion where big swarms of Vajra show up where you can get some really high-level parts.

I'll roam around. I'm in the seirra desert field, but Kamjin and his desert bandits are kickin the crap out of me with just a regular ol' VF-11. I need something that kicks. Wish i could of had the YF-30 back after racing isamu.

Alright awesome, exactly what I needed. Spent the last 2 hours roaming both the fields and collected not only a ton of experience but build FAST packs for the VF-11C and the VF-19F. Went back at it again after I got those built and started cashing in every bandits life and put everything in storage.

Now that I'm getting the hang of this game, figuring out what certain things do and can get you I'm enjoying this a lot more than what I did last year.

Any luck I'll have enough parts for the VF-171EX after I kick Kamjin's ass across Uroboros.

k, another question! super parts.....couldn't find them for the VF-171 like I have for everything up to the VF-19. Usually found 'em in the shops.

Ah... yeah, the vanilla VF-171 Nightmare Plus doesn't have any. The VF-171EX Nightmare Plus and VF-171EX Nightmare Plus (Alto ver.) can use the Armored Pack which Alto uses in the Macross Frontier TV series. After you get the VF-171EX blueprints (Level 1) from the Find the Rare Metal Coin 3 quest in Vrlitwhai City's Hunter Guild, the blueprints for the VF-171EX's Armored Pack are available for 22,000G in Ramad, the city in the northwestern corner of the Sierra desert.

Some fighter blueprints and FAST packs are only available by doing Quests or by winning Vanquish races. A lot of the Level 2 blueprints for the earlier fighters are only available as quest rewards, as are some of the character versions of the fighters, like the VF-0S Skull type, the VF-1J Ichijo type, the VF-1S Skull type, Mina's Level 2 VF-11C, or Luca's RVF-171EX. The Vanquish race FAST packs are the worst to get... at least for me, because I stink at the time trials. Here's a rundown of FAST packs that are only available via quests or races:

• VF-0 FAST Pack - Quest: Leopold City
  • SV-51 Twin Booster - Vanquish Race: Yue Race 3
  • VF-1 Strike Pack - Vanquish Race: Yui Race 8
  • VF-1 Double Strike Pack - Quest: Daoren
  • VF-11C Super Pack - Quest: Ramad
  • YF-19 FAST Pack - Vanquish Race: Jurgen Race 6
  • YF-21 FAST Pack - Vanquish Race: Yue Race 10
  • VF-25 Super Pack - Vanquish Race: Urthr Race 2
  • VF-25 Armored Pack - Quest: Skuld
  • VF-25 Tornado Pack - Quest: Urthr
  • VF-27 Super Pack - Vanquish Race: Urthur Race 6
  • YF-29 Super Pack - Quest: Cleef Town

The only ones I've not yet managed to get myself are the YF-19, YF-21, and YF-29 packs. I'm going for 100% completion by getting every fighter to Level 3 blueprints and every pack.

A couple of fighters don't have any packs... the VF-171, VF-19, and VF-22 don't get any.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I've done very little of the quests, mostly because I don't understand what I'm suppose to be looking for most of the time....if it's a combat deal it's easy, but if I'm having to look for specific items that's rather hard. The Red Shoulder guides are pretty generic, not giving a ton of info. For instance some of these recquire finding Todo's notes by doing Uroboros research of ruins. I've gone thru these ruins but I never find anything.

I've done very little of the quests, mostly because I don't understand what I'm suppose to be looking for most of the time....if it's a combat deal it's easy, but if I'm having to look for specific items that's rather hard. The Red Shoulder guides are pretty generic, not giving a ton of info. For instance some of these recquire finding Todo's notes by doing Uroboros research of ruins. I've gone thru these ruins but I never find anything.

Would you hate me terribly if I pointed out that Todo's notes are usually outside the ruins that they ask you to search? Like RIGHT outside? The MW guide we have here is pretty reliable when it comes to your objective in each quest. Quests are a great way for quick cash or EXP.

• 3 months later...

I got to playing the game and I'm stuck on stage 3-4 defend Mylene. I visited the three bases, but don't know what to do next. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I can't remember much since I'm on Chapter 5. What I remember was after you visited those 3 bases there will be a battle between you and a big monster. Not sure if it's Vajra related. Make sure before you dashed out after the third town/base, you're well equipped with ammo. Hope that helps. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I was wandering on how to unlock the Madis Glacier Hunter guild missions. I still need to get all the Super parts and Valk ranks. Could anyone please help?

I remember when I first visited the Urthr town, the Hunter Guild is already available. And this is after the first quest I believe. Let me know when you visit Urthr town.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I just got this game last Sunday (family went on vacation to Japan, may as well take the opportunity) and have been bashing around the first three parts or so (got Mylene, just flying around doing missions). I'm getting a bit tired of the VF-S though, is Valkyrie progression going to keep at this rate?

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the game last weekend. And I'm puzzled on what ending I received. I heard they were three endings. But in what way I could see which ending I got? Is it thru the movie gallery? If so, how will I know if I got the Mina one or the Aisha one? Thanks in advance. ;)

By the way, if I'd only known that majority of the valks will be available after I started the New Game Plus feature I would've saved all the parts for creating Rank 2/3 valks. Oh well. Atleast most of the valks I like it's already in Rank 2. Anyone started the New Game Plus with Ultimate? How 'ultimate' it is compared to 'normal'?

The endings are all done in the conversation screens so you can't see them. If you got the one where Leon talks to Mina, it's the Mina ending. Talking to Aisha, it's the Aisha ending, and if you got he one that has a few extra photos in it, you got the "you're both my wings ending."

As for Ultimate, I haven't gotten far enough yet to say but I would reckon it's probably the only difficulty mode where you need to spam all those items and mushrooms you pick up over the course of the game.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys... So after a LONG LONG 3 to 4 weeks of playing Destiny, I Made it to level +23 and have been wasting my life on that game..... :wacko: But recently I started playing M30 again and about a month ago I sold EVERYTHING in my inventory. And to be honest I think some of the the super important Hunter Guild items where in there........So when I checked, I got a hella mad at myself and started playing A.C.E R for my 7th play through, then came back to M30. Does any one know what I should do? Should I start a new game plus on Hard, or start over on the Normal Difficulty I have it on? If there is not another way I just missed my opportunity on getting the VF-25F Blueprints II, VF-27, Super Parts, VF-25, Tornado Parts, YF-29 Super Parts, Other VF/YF Blueprints II/III, and possibly ALL the races that have Blueprints, and anymore Important things. I would REALLY appreciate the help!

Hey guys... So after a LONG LONG 3 to 4 weeks of playing Destiny, I Made it to level +23 and have been wasting my life on that game..... :wacko: But recently I started playing M30 again and about a month ago I sold EVERYTHING in my inventory. And to be honest I think some of the the super important Hunter Guild items where in there........So when I checked, I got a hella mad at myself and started playing A.C.E R for my 7th play through, then came back to M30. Does any one know what I should do? Should I start a new game plus on Hard, or start over on the Normal Difficulty I have it on? If there is not another way I just missed my opportunity on getting the VF-25F Blueprints II, VF-27, Super Parts, VF-25, Tornado Parts, YF-29 Super Parts, Other VF/YF Blueprints II/III, and possibly ALL the races that have Blueprints, and anymore Important things. I would REALLY appreciate the help!

I thought I saw somewhere that you can't sell items required for quests? Yes, you can sell items you pick up in the open areas, but you could always just go get them again. Now if you sold blue prints, I'm not so sure you could get those again.

I thought I saw somewhere that you can't sell items required for quests? Yes, you can sell items you pick up in the open areas, but you could always just go get them again. Now if you sold blue prints, I'm not so sure you could get those again.

The Blueprints you can't sell, I've been trying to get the ones I listed And the tea set I have no idea how to even spell it in Japanese.... I severely need that Tornado Pack! I've gone all over the internet to check what Stolen Tea Set is spelled in Japanese, But so luck I've tried Katakana and Hiragana, but still NO luck. I took pictures of the letters when I went to the Guild to get some quests and tried matching the letters the items in my inventory. To be honest, the game is a real pain right now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey you guys, I just got thinking...Wheres Max's VF-1J? Didn't we see it in a few photos of the gave just about a week of its release of the J? Its kinda weird that they don't have it since they have Hik's J and Milia's J

• 6 months later...

Reviving this thread for a quick question... Has anyone had problems with disappearing wingmen?

A while back I was playing and I noticed that after I had gone back to the Gefion one of my wingmen was gone! And I couldn't select him from the menu again. Then recently I played again as Isamu, using Misa as support, and Hikaru and Max as wingmen. After beating a dungeon and going back to the ship, I found that Misa and Hikaru were missing! I don't remember Hikaru dying, I dunno, maybe he died offscreen and I just didn't notice. Although when a character dies, there is usually some accompanying dialogue to notify you, and then you can revive them with the restoration kits.

But how on Earth does a support character "die", if they're not even on the field?? I didn't die once. And now I can't select them again...

Has this happened to anyone else before, and more importantly, does anyone know how to get them back?