MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

Hi again guys. If you all read the top post I created a Japanese account for my YF-29 Durandel (30th Anniversary) code. Now that I got the YF-29 Durandel (30th Anniversary), VF-0D, VF-0A, VF-0S and I'm working on the SV-51a. I need help with what valk to use I'm using my YF-29 Durandel (30th Anniversary) and thats currently my fastest valk I have. Also I need to know who to make money faster. And I need to know where the VF-0 Ghost Booster is again. And I also need to know where Roy Fockers VF-0S Phoenix is, I think its in the race in Yue but I have no clue if I need all golds to win it so I need some help. Also, does the YF-29 Durandel have unlimited missile ammo for both L2+Triangle, and L2+Circle?

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

I'm pretty sure all planes have limited ammo, based on your ammo box/supplies. I know I was spamming the 3rd sub for the YF-29 when I first got it, and that ran out quickly. Don't know what the L2 thing is. Special? If so, those ammo don't count towards your limit.

Honestly, after the first run, I really didn't like the YF-29 that much, and went with the VF-0S - all personal preference and what you feel like leveling up.

Only in chapter 5 and just doing races/sub quests, but out of all the races with a blue-print prize, they only require a silver ranking.

I'm having troubl;e with a guild quest, I need to find something called "Course Lvl 4 plans" or something like that, I searched the blue area in the map but no luck, maybe it's a item that drops from the enemys in that zone?

I am currently stuck on a series of quests, the Ouroboros Research quests. I have been able to complete some of them, they put location markers on the overworld and it was a simple pick up. However I am stuck on missions 1,2,4. The translation guide for quest one says that the notes are at the World Tree on Yuria, however no marker shows up for me. I've searched around and I can't find them. Similarly quests 2 and 4 have me going to Ratatosk cave and Mimir cave but no markers and I can't find the notes. Has anyone else had this problem?

If you're looking for single drop in those blue spots, make sure to look high and low for them. They can appear at all levels of the map, and you might find them on the floating stones, or upper levels of some spots.

I remember seeing at least one or two on the rocks floating around that big tree, as well as one high up on the trunk.

If you're looking for single drop in those blue spots, make sure to look high and low for them. They can appear at all levels of the map, and you might find them on the floating stones, or upper levels of some spots.

I remember seeing at least one or two on the rocks floating around that big tree, as well as one high up on the trunk.

Yup, found mine in top of a little pillar, but with the ski as background is hard to see.

How do you find the Hunter Guild quests, I'm trying to the one for the VF-0S Phoenix and the Striker parts for the VF-1 is there like a marker to tell you where to go?

#1 Go here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6r3Sy1LnkpxSGJxOUR4VFVac0k/edit?pli=1 and look up your quest.

#2 Thank our own Zoroastres for this huge amount of translation work.

#3 Find out what type of quest it is.

If it's a delivery quest, such as "デリバリー指令" " Delivari " go to where you found it, (Right hand side of the linked notes) pick up the box behind the city, then match a map location to the in game quest completion requirements. (You do get a VF-1S skull squad Valk with nukes and improved burst micro missiles from doing all the Doren guild delivery quests, so yeah, it's important)

Sometimes there will be a blue circle on the map for these. You will have to gather the item to deliver inside the circle, then deliver to the location in the quest description.

If it's one of the "Hunter License C" "C級ハンターライセンス試験" Huntaa Liisensu ect then you will likely have to go back to a nearby dungeon. The name of the dungeon will again be in the in game quest description, such as Mimi cave: "ミ" near the starter town Doren

The purple icon ones are easy. Go to the spot on the map, look for the blue " ! ", click on it, and kill the baddie.

To progress, you usually will have to kill Bandit light carriers that are hovering right over towns so you can have access to the town.

Don't be a wuss and snipe carriers! You are a Valkyrie pilot, you are a bad ass. Play like one. Don't sit back and snipe, get in the tube, go find that Meltran and get busy! (Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yeah... Killing carriers)

While doing the below, continue to dodge and take cover if possible.

• Start out with several full bursts of missiles to melt off the external guns, Reaction missiles are ideal for this (optional)
  • Find the reactor, underside rear, can't miss it. Unload your Gunpod into it, and dual fire with head lasers #3 weapon if you have em. Make sure you are critting continually. Shoot till it blows out.
  • Find the bridge, Gerwalk at eye level with the bastards, shoot your Gunpod at the bridge windows (also with laser if possible) till your hear people screaming for mercy (yes, I'm serious) as they die in a fireball. Again, make sure you are critting continually or you are shooting the wrong spot.
Edited by Kaldar5

Sometimes when you are doing a green mission it pays to check your inventory on the ship. Sometimes you can complete a quest with what you've picked up already. Other times you might have picked up the quest item but put it away by accident.

Another important tip is that damage from the gunpod decrase with the distance, so if you want to kill something quick, do it in close combat.

Depending on the target, this may not even matter.. After maxing out the gunpod stats, I can often kill stuff with it before I get close enough to even get a missile lock. Just might take a little manual aiming.

Got the VF-0S Roy Focker color and the Fast Pack for the VF-0. I also need to get the striker parts can anyone help?

Yes, I can help.

There are no packs for the VF-0 aside from the Fast Pack and Ghost Booster. Assuming you want the VF-1 Strike Pack, check my guide.

Edited by Zoroastres

Just started my NG+ last night and was surprised that the completed races carry over. That's helpful because honestly who wants to have to do those again.? (not me)

I gotta say though, the VF-30 (and even the 29 for that matter) is not what I'd call impressive. Both the 29 and the 30 just seem like half-hearted redesigns of the VF-25 with funky wings.

Sarah is WAY too calm when she goes shopping with Sheryl. Having said that, she STILL manages to mention the power generator and the lights. Comeon Sarah, give it a rest already, lol.

Hey Shin knew she wanted to go to the city eventually ;3

Not sure what you're confused by. All you have to do is get a silver medal in Yue's race 8.

Actually, unlocking that race can be the tricky part, since anything past race 3 you have to unlock by completing another quest. I don't remember unlocking the races being a problem, because I completed them without realizing it, but going and looking for them is another step in the process.

Just started my NG+ last night and was surprised that the completed races carry over. That's helpful because honestly who wants to have to do those again.? (not me)

I gotta say though, the VF-30 (and even the 29 for that matter) is not what I'd call impressive. Both the 29 and the 30 just seem like half-hearted redesigns of the VF-25 with funky wings.

The YF-30 has a different transformation but a similar look. The YF-29 does have largely the same transformation though. I appreciate that they included them, I think they look interesting in Fighter/Gerwalk mode, which is where I spend almost all my time so I appreciate the eye candy.

I have to admit, once I get the DX YF-29 and it's super packs, I'm going to be tempted to strip it down and repaint it as either Isamu's version, or that bluish-gray low-vis camo. The plane is just beautiful that way.

The gaudy paint schemes they've got the YF-29 toys in don't do anything for me, but I would shell out easily to pick up some game-based repaints.

Or heck.. maybe I can dream, and Hasegawa will milk the deal to make 1/72 VF-25s into making a 1/48 YF-29 kit. :D

Edited by Chronocidal

^The game surprisingly has some pretty cool paint schemes. I'm really liking the camo and standard grey a lot of the aircraft come in, it adds a touch of realism. Though I was again disappointed with the YF-30 when I found that it had no such paint scheme. An all black or low-viz paint job would have really aided it's stealthy looks, but alas it only gets paint jobs that look like they were sponsored by Hot Wheels.

Hard to believe that the Macross universe is full of character "customs", yet the game to celebrate it's 30th doesn't let the player create their own custom paint scheme...

Edited by LOW_ALT

I'm on my second playthrough and I'm doing a quest called Lost Treasure in which I'm supposed to get a picture of the Gaurdians/Dyaus. Thing is, do i find this picture or do i actually have to take it?

My guess is either you find it as an item drop or you get it by killing a specific Dyaus at a specific point.

@General

Has anyone found the FAST packs for the VF-19 or VF-22? I'm in new game plus and I can't find them anywhere. I know some enemies have them, I hope players can get them too.

@Juton

For the VF-19 it would depend on the variant, the FAST packs for the YF-19 is compatible with the VF-19A up to Aisha's VF-19E but isn't compatible with the VF-19F or the 19S( havn't encountered blueprints for fast packs for those two yet).

From what I recall I got it at the Sierra Desert area, just can't remember if I got it from hunter guild quest, shop bought or race won.

As for the VF-22 it's compatible with the YF-21 Fast packs and I think I bought blueprints at a shop(?) in the Desert Area.

Edited by Koing Monster

My guess is either you find it as an item drop or you get it by killing a specific Dyaus at a specific point.

@General

Has anyone found the FAST packs for the VF-19 or VF-22? I'm in new game plus and I can't find them anywhere. I know some enemies have them, I hope players can get them too.

YF-21 Fastpacks are shared with the VF-22. YOu get them in a race in the 1st zone. It's a pain in the ass because you're going to double tap and boost yourself off the flight path and throw your controller out the window several times

Okay, I just blew through chapter 3... and I need some advice.

Is there any decent tactic to avoiding those nasty one-hit-kill SP attacks bosses have? The chapter boss, and one of the Valk bosses (I think it was Rod) earlier would sometimes hit me with massive SP attacks that would just destroy me. We're talking worse than one-hit-kills, here--we're talking about dealing enough damage to kill me 3 or 4 times over. As far as I could tell, there was no way to avoid these attacks (only got past chapter boss by sticking to fighter mode and strafing), so the only tactic I found was to open up the menu three or four times in the middle of an attack to restore HP.

And that was w/ a fully upgraded VF-1S Skull w/ Fast Pack.

Surely, there's something I'm missing here. Some way to make these encounters less annoying.

@Zoroastres

For the Chapter 3 Boss is relatively easy to avoid, if you see the bosses (and this holds true to most fights with Mad Dogs and aces) do the Blue flash of using an SP move is to counter it with your own SP move as they usually only do the SP move only once per battle.

Also avoid fighting it at close range as the tail attack can punch thru your FAST pack armor and around 1/2 of you HP in one hit :p

When you eventually fight Rod, one thing I noticed is he's exceptionally vulnerable to melee attacks as the first Melee SP managed to blow away his Fast pack armor and the 2nd SP move finished him off.

Edited by Koing Monster

Yeah, thing about SP attacks is that since you can't control yourself once you activate one, they give you limited invulnerability. That goes for enemies too, so your best bet is to use a valk with a long combo so you can outlast them. Soon as you hear the "CHING" sound of one activated, hit your own. ^_^