MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

really ,even thr ps3 browser load this

To me Ranka is the best heal singer because lots of ennemies almost stop move or shoot when she sing. after sheryl is not bad,Minmay is decent too but at low level the heal power is low,Mylene was not a good healer his heal power look like lower than other at same level

You guys are awesome! Been following this thread since the beginning and just got the game over the weekend, think over 15hrs spent just flying around, and now on chapter 4.

Some questions I hope you guys can answer:

1- In the mechanic room where you see the aircrafts, in the top right hand corner are some stars (rank?) of the planes. Sometimes I see two, and then after a mission, it's at one. Any reason or what is that for?

2- Anyone know Exactly what pilot stat goes up (or by how much) when you choose them to focus on either: Balanced, Offensive, Speed, or Defensive?

3- Just to clarify about releasing the aircrafts, it doesn't matter which materials you use as long as it is below 50, and preferably not a part that gives a bonus to a different type of aircraft, right? There isn't a Stat or future rank upgrade bonus for using the specific part, such as VF-1 on a VF-1 model, when you could just use up the lowly, generic parts? Been saving the bonuses and larger parts for when you need to spend 100+ on higher level planes.

Thanks All! And keep up the great work!!

Now back to reading the translation guide :D

I just beat the game!!! But I want to play my other file is there a way to do that with out starting a new file I'm so exited to play all the valks but it takes me to ultimate mode, hard mode, normal, and easy mode can any one help me please! Or did I start the god damn game over. :angry:

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

If you want the unlocks, you pretty much have to start a new game to use them sadly. You could try continuing from the last save before you finished, but if you saved over it, yeah, you have to restart from chapter 1. You still do get a ton of unlocks for it, at least.

Edited by Chronocidal

Currently Stumped with the "Find the Marine Squadron" Quest (lvl16? Delivery quest you get in Yue City). 0/8 retreiving the transport ships cargo (I think)

The quest has an indicator circle for the place to go, but it's placed on the endge of the Northwestern section and half of the search area is blocked off by the map edge. Have searched the accessible side but havn't seen any Crates or Yellow/Blue Item indicators. (am currently in Chapter 3-2 atm)

Currently Stumped with the "Find the Marine Squadron" Quest (lvl16? Delivery quest you get in Yue City). 0/8 retreiving the transport ships cargo (I think)

The quest has an indicator circle for the place to go, but it's placed on the endge of the Northwestern section and half of the search area is blocked off by the map edge. Have searched the accessible side but havn't seen any Crates or Yellow/Blue Item indicators. (am currently in Chapter 3-2 atm)

It's there, it's just on the oceans surface close to the center of the circle. Doesn't become visible until you get close to it so I recommend skimming the surface in Gerwalk mode.

There is no free battle mode or survival mode per se. You can fly around the maps getting into random battles. In some regions the enemies come in thick and fast so it's like survival mode, it can get difficult pretty quickly.

Agreed. Early game, just traveling the map is survival mode if you aren't careful on how you avoid getting in fights. There is a friggin ton of Bandit light carriers spewing Valks, beams and missiles that you either can take the time to kill or skirt around trying to scavenge enough gear to get by. It's a hellish world..... I love it.

Sadly what's really missing is any kind of ongoing mission system. Once you finish off the guild quests, you can't really redo the fun ones, and the bigger ships that appear on the map never respawn.

One of the "Go to this spot and kill stuff" quests spawned a small zentraedi fleet to fight.:lol: Okay, fleet might be exaggerating, but I'm pretty sure there were two larger cruisers that appeared in the final wave of enemies.

Sadly what's really missing is any kind of ongoing mission system. Once you finish off the guild quests, you can't really redo the fun ones, and the bigger ships that appear on the map never respawn.

It's true this game is really lacking in some areas compared to the PSP games. Some of the PSP maps even seemed bigger and I think you could even fly higher too. More and more I'm starting to see how rushed this game was, but it's still a blast. Even though there's only a limited number of quests and the ships don't respawn there's always an endless supply of bandits to fight.

The shooting never stops!

shootout_zps691ff622.gif

Hi, I was pretty far in the game and have decided to go back and try some of the Quest missions but two are giving me problems. One is from BRITAI CITY "SPECIAL MISSION TODO'S NOTE - REPEL THE CONVICT BANDIT" I cant figure out where to start???? and the other is on how you get the VF-171 BLUEPRINT? I know its a quest from BRITAI CITY and its a GOLD COIN QUEST that was like an earlier mission also but do I just wait for it to show up on the quest list? If anyone can help please do, I would be Very Thankful. :)

All of them, sadly. They all reset once you restart, and many only unlock again after you complete earlier ones.

It's a really borked up mechanic honestly, since all the quests that give you blueprints will let you go about completing them time after time, but never register that you already have the rewards.

Really, I'm mostly hoping this game makes way for more PS3 titles in the same vein, but with a better thought out replay mechanic. While part of me would love to see an Ace Combat style game in this engine, with individual missions that can be replayed, it doesn't work well with the narrative and open world in this game.

What this game reminds me of is almost like single player mmo, similar to what the original .hack games were like. Linear story, rpg progression and stats, treasure hunting for crafting materials and higher level equipment, and you've got a party that you level up to fight alongside.

If they opened up the world a little more, I'd love to see what they could do with a sequel that allowed multiplayer, and added some more standard mmo-ish features, like repeatable missions, and more random "boss" spawns, like those capital ships.

It'd be fun to see some more close-quarters fights too.. the caves were interesting, but I'm thinking of stuff like using battroid and running around in a zentraedi ship, having to duck around corners, open doors, interact with things on that scale, etc. Even the most cramped spaces in this game are plenty big for gerwalk mode.

Edited by Chronocidal

^Yes, I was sorely let down to see that there were no urban environments in this game. The "cities" in M30 don't exactly have the same effect as flying through the buildings in the PSP games. I was really hoping for them to come up with some kind of mega city for this game with tons of skyscrapers and what not, so as to replicate some of the Macross Plus style dogfights.

Here's to hoping they get the clue and give us some cool DLC maps at some point.

So I've read through this forum, a few times now. :) I'm trying to pin down the things I need to know about quest's. What I've gathered so far (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that most quest can be completed on the map that they are issued. However, some; such as the delivery quest; have to taken back to the SDF-8.

Also a burning question which I will try out this evening. I haven't sold a thing, my inventory is loaded with items. Some of which I'm sure are for quest. Do you have to move these items into your plane inventory to complete the quest or having them stashed away in your long term inventory count? My guess would be that they would have to be in the plane inventory.

Anyway, enjoying the game, despite the language barrier. B))

The IA is terrible avoiding objects, they get stuck in cliffs and rocks, a City would be a nightmare for the IA

I was really hoping for them to come up with some kind of mega city for this game with tons of skyscrapers and what not, so as to replicate some of the Macross Plus style dogfights.

The IA is terrible avoiding objects, they get stuck in cliffs and rocks, a City would be a nightmare for the IA

Completely agree. However, It is possible to make such a game, or even improve on a existing one.

Also a burning question which I will try out this evening. I haven't sold a thing, my inventory is loaded with items. Some of which I'm sure are for quest. Do you have to move these items into your plane inventory to complete the quest or having them stashed away in your long term inventory count? My guess would be that they would have to be in the plane inventory.

Anyway, enjoying the game, despite the language barrier. B))

Yep, items have to be in your 30 slot personal inventory to register as being collected for quests. Generally, what you want to do when you go quest hunting.. clear out your inventory entirely (could still hold a stack of repair kits and an ammo box stack for emergencies if you need). Then fill it with any item you can fit from the second from the right tab in your hangar storage.

Any item that's a box with an exclamation mark is usually something you'll be able to turn in somewhere, so I would just load up my inventory with those. Once you're done loading up, go back to the control room (the hangar menu option right above the "launch" button) and press triangle to look at your quest list. If you suddenly see a bunch of items collected, or quests just now completed, there you go. ^_^

If you've got too many items to fit in your inventory at once, just cycle back and forth and pull other ones out to check. I've never really had that many quest drops to hold onto at once though.

What I did notice though, is that there are certain drops that you can pick up a metric buttload of. I kept trying to deposit one drop I got, then realized that there were already 255 of them in my storage. :p So yeah, anything you have that many of is probably safe to sell off for quick cash.

Yep, items have to be in your 30 slot personal inventory to register as being collected for quests. Generally, what you want to do when you go quest hunting.. clear out your inventory entirely (could still hold a stack of repair kits and an ammo box stack for emergencies if you need). Then fill it with any item you can fit from the second from the right tab in your hangar storage.

Any item that's a box with an exclamation mark is usually something you'll be able to turn in somewhere, so I would just load up my inventory with those. Once you're done loading up, go back to the control room (the hangar menu option right above the "launch" button) and press triangle to look at your quest list. If you suddenly see a bunch of items collected, or quests just now completed, there you go. ^_^

If you've got too many items to fit in your inventory at once, just cycle back and forth and pull other ones out to check. I've never really had that many quest drops to hold onto at once though.

What I did notice though, is that there are certain drops that you can pick up a metric buttload of. I kept trying to deposit one drop I got, then realized that there were already 255 of them in my storage. :p So yeah, anything you have that many of is probably safe to sell off for quick cash.

Awesome. Going to try it out now.

Thanks for the information and all the great post Chronocidal.

Wow. What a difference. Chronocidal that worked out great. Was able to get a bunch accomplished last evening. I still have a few troublsome quest to work on. One of them has mulitiple items that are needed. 1/1 and 10/10 and 8/10. It's the ones that have Level 1 - 10 etc. I went from have none of the 8/10 ones to having 8! Of couse I don't remember how I got them. LOL. Guess I'll go back and retrace my steps.

Oh yea, forgot to ask. But does anyone know if there are any maps up? Would love to have maps of the area so I can mark off areas on my search pattern.
A link or direction would be cool; even just a pointing finger in the right direction. :)

Edited by Badaze