So annoying!

Even Mikimoto himself said she wasn't mature as a woman. Always telling people what to do, and it's almost always the wrong thing that will get people killed, then complains about it when she is ignored. Talks and daydreams about her perfect ex-boyfriend all the time. Insisted she could fly a valkyrie, grabbed the controls, then flipped it, screamed, closed her eyes, and crashed it. Then later insisted she should be put in control of a spaceship and got herself and 80,000 people killed or MIA. Oh wait, that was Misa. Sorry I am not sure who could even come close to this.

The real problem is that men are writing these characters and we're not possibly getting a proper characterization of women. Either they're dreamy eyed teenagers or overbearing mommies. I didn't want to make this a Misa versus Minmay issue I just commented that Lynn Minmay was allowed to mature over the course of the Macross story. Not just her transition from teen to pop star but she started to make adult decisions about her role in the ongoing conflict. She and Hikaru even lived together. Mylene & Ranka seemed like to me were examples of the current anime trend of cutsey girl-women that aren't allowed to grow up..

I

Oh, and Ranka wins hands down the Miss Most Annoying competition. Mylene has her bad moments, but at least she's not just a jellyfish with cute dresses. And she CAN play.

How annoying for someone to be paralyed with fear just because they watch someone screaming as they are slowly squished to death and pop open like a offal & blood filled jelly dounut. Darn pampered kids, just kick the intestines out of your way and carry on.

Yep, Mylene bravely faced those terrible foes that shot make-you-sad beams at people.

(Heh I don't mean to jab at Mylene, she's cool with me.... but comparing bravery Mac7 vs MacF... it's just not the same level of grim to be brave about)

Mylene & Ranka seemed like to me were examples of the current anime trend of cutsey girl-women that aren't allowed to grow up..

I think Ranka pulled herself together and "Matured" just fine for a civilian.

Frontier spoilers, obviously: (And an excellently edited vid featuring Battle Aimo without completely cutting the action)

Even moreso in the movies.

Edited by Kaldar5