Where do I get Yamato replacement parts?

unclechopchop

I know that this is a pretty old subject, but I just need to get a possible answer. Back in the day, I replaced a VF-0A arm, only to have the other arm break while putting it on! At that point, I was too pissed off to go through the whole process again. Well now it's starting to bother me again and I was hoping somebody could steer me in the right direction (if possible).

Also, I don't want to limit this subject to just the VF-0A. I want to know where I can get the V2 VF-1 replacement parts as well.

It just makes me sick that we pay all this money, just to have it break later on.

You're probably out of luck as far as getting any sort of replacement part from Yamato at this point, given their stance on unsupported markets and the fact that the VF-0 has been out of production for quite some time. At best, you might be able to find somebody who has spares to sell you.

On the upside, some or our members have made third party replacement parts available, depending on which parts have actually broken, you might still be in luck.

If you bought the Item from HLJ or maybe another helpful vendor in Japan, they may be able to help you. HLJ handled parts replacement for me before. I had needed the rear square screw cover on my VF-0A that Yamato forgot to install and when they did the 1/48 Roy renewal, they forgot the arm vernier thruster in one arm. HLJ got me the parts.

• 2 weeks later...

post-1819-0-98370200-1361561201_thumb.jpg

http://www.shapeways.com/model/923271/arm-armor-zero.html

Here you go!

You may need to thread the screw into the hole before putting it in just to make sure it lines up perfectly. This is just a quick and dirty check without any cleanup. The parts mate pretty exactly though.

post-1819-0-33368600-1361561939_thumb.jpg

edit: Yeah I just worked it a little more and it's almost perfect right out of the bag.

Edited by VF5SS

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where to get shoulder hinges or cockpit canopy (crackly rainbow tint) for Yamato 1/60 v2? I have been unsuccessful for a long while now, then I forget about it, look, give up, etc...

I have a 1J Hikaru TV that needs shoulder hinges and a 1S DYRL Focker that needs both shoulder hinges & the cockpit canopy. If you can help, it's much appreciated!

Guest davidwhangchoi

attachicon.gifzerobicep.jpg

Did somebody call for a Veef?!

Anyone know where to get shoulder hinges or cockpit canopy (crackly rainbow tint) for Yamato 1/60 v2? I have been unsuccessful for a long while now, then I forget about it, look, give up, etc...

I have a 1J Hikaru TV that needs shoulder hinges and a 1S DYRL Focker that needs both shoulder hinges & the cockpit canopy. If you can help, it's much appreciated!

contact Veef (the person in the quote above,) he is solely responsible for saving everyone's valks with replacement shoulders and hinges he supplies.

• 4 weeks later...