So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

Woah, care to explain what happened? I was about to order stuff from them...

For starters, they have a 2 different seller profiles (cherrytab and esthertool), which seems kinda shady to me. They also jerked me around when I chose to "Make Offer" on a Khaki Green Defender.

However, they have an almost flawless positive feedback rating, and have less than .5% negative feedback ratings over the last year. The statistics speak for themselves, so I can't really condemn them.

I am one of the freaks out there. Granted, the latest offering of VF-19K/S/F is more anime accurate and as many agree, an engineering masterpiece.

Yet given the older technologies and cruder construction of the YF-19, I like its battroid mode better for its anime-inaccurate sleeker look. The original YF-19 is a bit chubby to me.

That's why I like the VF-1 and VF-25 valks better, which are sleek by design.

...No cancellation email yet.

Well, I can't say the same. Turns out you did get the last one, because they just cancelled my purchase. I can't fault them though. They simply hadn't updated their eBay auction before I made the purchase. In all honesty, HKCollectibles has always offered stupendous customer service in my experience.

Well, I can't say the same. Turns out you did get the last one, because they just cancelled my purchase. I can't fault them though. They simply hadn't updated their eBay auction before I made the purchase. In all honesty, HKCollectibles has always offered stupendous customer service in my experience.

Aw, that sucks, OM. I thought they had a few available on their ebay auction. So I guess their webstore stock is accurate then. HKC's customer service sure is great. Last time I needed to return something due to their mistake, they paid for the EMS return shipment and gave me a $20 voucher.

Well, I should clarify.. I prefer the 1/60 Yamato YF-19 in gerwalk, because it hides both the gullet and the goofy hip design. :p

Though, I finally got up the nerve to start filling the gaps on my YF-19 mod... and I think it's actually going to turn out quite well indeed. :)

HKC's customer service sure is great. Last time I needed to return something due to their mistake, they paid for the EMS return shipment and gave me a $20 voucher.

I can top that! They allowed me to return items 6 months after purchase due to an error in the description, payed for the return shipping, gave me a $25 voucher, and allowed me to extend its validity for my next purchase.

God damnit

"You have purchased item: Yamato 1/60 VF1-J Hikaru TV version"

Two seconds later:

"Seller sends request to cancel transaction, reason: Out of stock"

You tried to buy the VF-1J after I posted that link?

Haven't gotten any transaction cancellation request... yet..... Maybe I bought the last one or something like the 2 Quads I bought previously (keeping fingers crossed)...

Well, I got screwed by Angolz. Kind of screwed. I was feeling pretty good about landing a last minute VF-1S only to have them e-mail me last night to say they had to cancel my order because they didn't have enough stock. Uhg. Any suggestions for where I can get one at a reasonable price?

Wow seems like everyone is grabbing valks in an last attempt.

well i guess i am too since i am aiming for the ver 2.0 VF-1D on the japanese Yahoo website... currently still the highest bidder ( 12,000 yen)yea i am sucker for the VF-1D plane.. originally when i saw it i gave it up.. now i am chasing it back with such high prices... and i have bought the Vf-22S Gamlin custom from hobby locus...

Damn i really am broke.

Wow, I really got on board the Yamato train at the right time, and I didn't even know about everything that happened until I popped onto this board. I've been fortunate enough to get most of what I initially wanted save for the 1/60 v2 Max and Millia VF-1J and a TV super pack. Anyone have any leads I'd be much obliged!

For starters, they have a 2 different seller profiles (cherrytab and esthertool), which seems kinda shady to me. They also jerked me around when I chose to "Make Offer" on a Khaki Green Defender.

However, they have an almost flawless positive feedback rating, and have less than .5% negative feedback ratings over the last year. The statistics speak for themselves, so I can't really condemn them.

Yeah, I've got several things from both those sellers, especially esthertool, and they've always been fast, but that could be because I'm in New Zealand. The "make offer" will only get you a dollar or two off, and they always say its due to the free shipping, who knows.

Shucks, I bought Yamato's 1/60 VF1-J Hikaru TV version befor seeing that some places still had the super parts combi-pack, which I would have prefered. Its looking as if getting theTV super parts by themselves is going to be tough! 1st post since 2005!

To be fair, there have been some great sales on Yamato valks lately. I just picked up another VF-17S from HKC after getting a vf-19s previously. I think this VF-17S will be the last yamato... In any case I'm running out of room for 1/60 valks! I won't be heartbroken if Arcadia doesn't continue with the macross license, Macross has gone for years with only bandai creating toys every 5 to 10 years. Someone will pick up the licenses and continuing the Spaceballs' Mega Maid style sucking of cash from our wallets!

Hm I watched Spaceballs the other day and I thought somebody should make a toy out of this spacecraft.

Cheer up guys it's not the end of the world Bandai is still producing Valkyries right?

^_^

I was talking to a friend of mine who deals in legal business matters, and has done a bankruptcy in Japan.

He basically said, no news is good news. If a company has switched names, in order to distance it's self from the previous company, and has not yet made a public notice, it means that they are bartering assets before public auction.

Basically, Yamato, can sell assets to Arcadia, at a reduced price as a Bank controlled forfeiture. So Yamato sells Arcadia assets (molds, tooling, equipment) as a attempt to pay back bank loans for a period of time, determined by the bank. After that time, if the bank hasn't been paid off, they go into Public auction of all remaining assets. (Which he said, will be Publicly announced)

Here's another kicker, Since the toolings and mold only have physical material value (value of the material to make it) Yamato could sell it to Arcadia

for a hugely reduced cost. Making it possible for Arcadia to buy up anything they want that costs them a 100th of a percent of what they original paid to make them.

I'd say based on this, everyone just needs to loosen their sphincters.

(Yes another relevant Aliens reference )

To be fair, there have been some great sales on Yamato valks lately. I just picked up another VF-17S from HKC after getting a vf-19s previously. I think this VF-17S will be the last yamato... In any case I'm running out of room for 1/60 valks! I won't be heartbroken if Arcadia doesn't continue with the macross license, Macross has gone for years with only bandai creating toys every 5 to 10 years. Someone will pick up the licenses and continuing the Spaceballs' Mega Maid style sucking of cash from our wallets!

Those great sales may have been an indication that Yamato's Macross toys weren't selling all that great despite enthusiasm on blogs and discussion boards.

If it's true that Yamato went bankrupt then I doubt a new licensee will try to emulate Yamato (ie. probably try a different sales strategy or product type). And since most of us have a good number of Yamato Macross toys, is there any interest in a different new line of Macross toys? I think what most of us want is a continuation of Yamato just with a different name.

To be optimistic, it's still possible that Arcadia will take over where Yamato left off. While Yamato's physical assets like toolings can be easily transferred to Arcadia, things like license agreements are a bit more difficult and take more time. It's possible that Arcadia and Big West are negotiating the terms and thus the reason why there has been no concrete news from Arcadia.

Edited by Vifam7

If Arcadia continues to make valks, I hope they re release the VT-1 as I have one but would like another. This will also help fill the void of users that don't have one. I just happened to get all of the 2 seaters as I was a freak about them. I actually got my orig release v2 Elint and VT-1 on sale. I would also like to see sound force completed. It seemed like Yamato were hinting at the Mylene VF-11, but I could have been reading too much into the pics I saw.

Yes, indeed!

Good luck!

Hope you end up getting it. and please let the board know if they come through. I'm sure people here would like that Super VF-1J

Guess what arrived yesterday?

post-17838-0-00032900-1364138894_thumb.jpg

what a huge box! Also Rainbow canopy (good news for some, bad for others.. more worried about whether it can last)

I've been looking around, and don't really have much of an idea how much this is going for now.

But if it's as rare as you guys are saying, I'm now too afraid to even take it out and play, what with worrying about it turning yellow (pure white afterall), or the rainbow canopy peeling or other issues...

post-17838-0-70758600-1364138908_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaitouSad

Guess what arrived yesterday?

attachicon.gif 20130324_125641 - Copy.jpg

what a huge box! Also Rainbow canopy (good news for some, bad for others.. more worried about whether it can last)

I've been looking around, and don't really have much of an idea how much this is going for now.

But if it's as rare as you guys are saying, I'm now too afraid to even take it out and play, what with worrying about it turning yellow (pure white afterall), or the rainbow canopy peeling or other issues...

Grats on an absolute steal! That may very well have been the very last one they had at Overdrive, since the product listing is entirely gone now. I would've picked one more up from there myself if I'd trusted them, but oh well.

I was making some offers to esthertool and got a counteroffer higher than the original price listing, the guy change the item description and said some bull about free shipping.

I decline and also decline another offer on another item I was eying from him, very unscrupulous and greedy, hope noone buys from him.

great purchase on the VF-1J SaitouSad

Well, it seems that preorders are already sold out at amiami and incredibly fast too. I read that preorders where up and as I looked the window was already closed.

I hope the Bandai madness does not continue with the model kits now that the DX Chogokin Frontier line is almost finished.