Interesting times - changes at Yamato Toys

Tochiro

:[ They did a massive service to Macross fans, and to see Yamato go is quite painful.
I doubt we’ll ever see another company make as many Valks and Macross rarities
again.
If Yamato/Arcadia’s last Macross production was the VF-4, then they sure went
out with a bang.

Besides, there's always Toynami... :D

:unsure:

*ducks*

Your lucky I was about to through the shoe at you.

Seriously its just a name change. Like Takara and Tomy. Taktomy. No biggie. I am worried about how the new company execs will press manufacturing production. Is this because Bandai is putting the squeeze on the Macross market ...

Edited by slaginpit

Very sad to see Yamato go. Really the end of an era :(

Like many of us here, I've been collecting their Macross toys since their first 1/72 YF-19 release and I've had the added benefit of having good friends in the company. Although in they past year communication has been spotty. This name change is a complete surprise to me.

Any sort of corporate rebranding, renaming or restructuring is always a worrying sign IMO.

And if the're were no new or even old transforming Macross toys at the Acadia booth or website, that is further cause for concern :(

Hope they haven't given up on transforming Macross toys as being too difficult, too expensive, etc.

Graham

WTF????

Now this is a weird move... TakaraTomy was a fushion of two companies and they basically kept both names. Is someone injecting enough capital to demand a name change of an already established company?

I want a panic button!

This can't be good news. Name changes typically mean relaunches and changes in direction. They've consistently made the best macross toys for over a decade strong. If they decide to take a decreased presence in this market, we are going to suffer as a result.

Wow, I didn't think it'd be this bad. PLEASE O PLEASE do not let Bandai be the last source of transformable goodness. All of us with lives and the inability to check the internet 25/7 will be doomed to an eternity of paying scalper prices on ebay or bloated prices of NY.

:(

Very curious. I wonder if the name change is concurrent with a change in ownership structure.

Yea there must be something to this. Re branding doesn't make sense. Did they get brought up? Was arcadias doing anything before this?(I need to google)

Update:

I'm sure they will keep making V's as long as they sell...

Edited by Demon_seed_22

I noted this in the other thread, but I might have seen some evidence that this whole company change thing had already started a few weeks ago when an upcoming Yamato figure was put up for pre-order under the new company name, so IDK. What are the chances that it's something that's more clandestine and they were just waiting for a big event like Wonderfest to make the announcement? If they moved their headquarters, maybe it's something as simply as they're expanding and shifting the company name and focus somewhat as a reflection of that... IDK. I don't really wanna think it's all gloom and doom just yet.

hmmm...very worrying to see this, now that Yamato is at their peak in VF designs.

Would seem off if they do not continue making Macross item, and I bet they spent quite a bit on the VFX license for the VF-4 and would be a waste not to milk that license.

As much as I critized Yamato in the past, I admit it would be very sad to see them stop making Macross items, because Bandai has no soul for Macross.