Which Yamato Hikaru Ichijyo valkyrie should I buy? I only have money f

Swooshiex

are VF 1/60 V2 figures with the 30th macross anniversary sticker exactly the same as those without the stickers?

No. They do not have the rainbow canopy, And they have the updated shoulder hinges. They also have the side covers, and behind the neck cover, and the pilots seat deployed when in battroid mode.

are VF 1/60 V2 figures with the 30th macross anniversary sticker exactly the same as those without the stickers?

I recently purchased a 1/60 V2 Hikaru VF-1S, 30th anniversary version with option parts. I can confirm that these are not simply old stock with option parts thrown in the box. There's a Youtube review floating around that insinuated that this was the case, but the one I bought definitely was not old stock. Shoulder pieces are sturdy and have withstood several transformations and handling without a problem, and the canopy is the newer clear version.

No. They do not have the rainbow canopy, And they have the updated shoulder hinges. They also have the side covers, and behind the neck cover, and the pilots seat deployed when in battroid mode.

Don't forget they also have the updated crotch locking mechanism as well.

The last two posts make me happy I got the 30th anniv. Looking forward to getting him in my hands.

Im trying to hold off, at least till I get my 1j, but I want a OoV vf-1j/s and a movie version yamato vf-1s......

I wonder if my vf-1j will get to me before the new Vehical Voltron. I understand delays and I don't mind waiting to get the thing done right, but the lack of info pisses me off. Sorry, I guess that's a rant for another place..

I got mine off of amazon too. I paid $150 and since it was a U.S. seller shipping was cheap

Between having Amazon Prime and an Amazon Visa card, Amazon has become my go-to place for getting toys. Amazon Prime gets me free two day shipping on most items, and I get reward points on the Amazon Visa. I've gotten most of my toy collection for free by saving up reward points, including my V2 Hikaru VF-1S. The plus side to that is that my wife can't complain about me spending too much money on toys. And it also forces me to be disciplined and only get the items that I really want. The down side is that for imported toys, Amazon's prices will usually be higher compared to places like HLJ or NY, but that doesn't account for international shipping rates. Of course, if you're using points like me, then the higher price is really a non-issue.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Between having Amazon Prime and an Amazon Visa card, Amazon has become my go-to place for getting toys. Amazon Prime gets me free two day shipping on most items, and I get reward points on the Amazon Visa. I've gotten most of my toy collection for free by saving up reward points, including my V2 Hikaru VF-1S. The plus side to that is that my wife can't complain about me spending too much money on toys. And it also forces me to be disciplined and only get the items that I really want. The down side is that for imported toys, Amazon's prices will usually be higher compared to places like HLJ or NY, but that doesn't account for international shipping rates. Of course, if you're using points like me, then the higher price is really a non-issue.

I also have a amazon card. The points make it easier but I find amazon toy sellers to usually ask top dollar. Granted there are exceptions.

There's a vf-1j up on eBay at a "fair" price now (I'm not the seller)

Item 261167235543

Edited by Demon_seed_22

I also have a amazon card. The points make it easier but I find amazon toy sellers to usually ask top dollar. Granted there are exceptions.

There's a vf-1j up on eBay at a "fair" price now (I'm not the seller)

Item 261167235543

thank you for the heads up! i've checked. it's not the 30th anniversary model. all the older models have some problems and are also without the option parts i think.

With all the recent posts and pics of the VF-4G, VF-17D and VF-19P in the other threads, it's easy to overlook and forget just how awesome a toy the v.2 1/60 VF-1 really is.

Despite being an older toy, it still has outstanding design, engineering and details. The current 30th anniversary version with improved and easier crotch locking, updated shoulder hinges, clear canopy and option parts is the definitive VF-1 toy IMO.

Graham

post-11-0-74883800-1360378712_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-34487700-1360378723_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-46622200-1360378734_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-40357200-1360378744_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-57240800-1360378749_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-95916000-1360378752_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-41729400-1360378757_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-19985800-1360378771_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-87597600-1360378779_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-00541900-1360378785_thumb.jpg

Actually, I disagree that the 30th Anniversary Fokker (or any of them) are definitive precisely because the canopies aren't tinted. I love the way my older V2's look with the tinted canopies and I don't have a single one with cracking going on. The newer V2's without the tinted canopies look more toy-like and less cool IMO.

Can some one please tell me what are the updated VF-1 V.2, Thanks.

Please read through the whole thread....it was also posted above. No tinted canopy, updated shoulder hinges, updated crotch locking mechanism, and option parts (side covers, back of neck cover, and deployed battroid seat).

I just got my NON 30th VF-1J from eBay yesterday. I am happy and sad at the same time. I am happy because when inspected, it has the window display box (I know some newer versions do not), the valk has the updated crotch mechanism, and should have the updated shoulder hinges. I am sad too because, I kinda was looking forward to someones old stock. Why??? Because I like the tinted canopy. The 2 old versions I have (VT-1, and Hikaru DYRL VF-1S)... both canopies are fine.

IMG_20130211_202944_zps4861a77a.jpg

IMG_20130211_202652_zpse162253b.jpg

To me the Yamato 1/60 V2 is the height of what this toy can be, both in transformation, and line art representation. It's fun, it looks fantastic, and well packaged/quality.

The Hi-metal are good too, but smaller and not quite as cool IMO.

I just opened my 30th anniv vf-1j ...... Guess what it's not a 30th anniv. Unfkn real. I'm steaming.

Not only do I have to deal with the bs amazon return. Which I hope I don't get stuck paying to ship back?!

I want to open the fkn thing and I can't. I didn't even remove it from the bubble wrap. I can see there no sticker or corner wrap.

Have to keep telling myself not to let a toy ruin my day......

Edited by Demon_seed_22

I just opened my 30th anniv vf-1j ...... Guess what it's not a 30th anniv. Unfkn real. I'm steaming.

Not only do I have to deal with the bs amazon return. Which I hope I don't get stuck paying to ship back?!

I want to open the fkn thing and I can't. I didn't even remove it from the bubble wrap. I can see there no sticker or corner wrap.

Im sorry to hear that. I hope you dont run into trouble returning it. Worse case... keep it, and find someone selling the option parts and make your own 30th.

Im sorry to hear that. I hope you dont run into trouble returning it. Worse case... keep it, and find someone selling the option parts and make your own 30th.

Don't they also sell super/strike/option parts as a package? If he bought a standard VF-1J (without super/strike parts), he could buy the super/strike/option parts package separately since that's probably easier that finding someone to sell him just the option parts. Besides, every VF toy should have super/strike parts, even if you're not always going to display it with them attached.

And if the 1J has bad shoulders, it's not that hard to find replacements around here.

if you manage to find a 30th Super & Strike parts pack, the option parts are molded in dark blue/grey. Think VF-1A Cavaliers dark. I think someone mentioned the earlier 30th S&S parts pack did have DYRL white parts.

I'm really surprised that the non 30th VF-1J Hikaru was an updated V2.2, and not the original V2.0. So awesome. Actually I shouldn't be surprised. The VF-1A CF TV I got recently from HK Collectables was also a V2.2, even though it is listed as V2.0 on Scorched Earth blog - http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4599

You're tempting me to get one, but I promised myself that I would not get ANY character custom Valks, cuz I'd start with just "my favourite characters", then lead into "so and so character" and in the end I'd be getting ALL the character customs. XD - can't afford that (and no space too). :p

oh yikes, which seller on Amazon is it? so we can all avoid that seller. thank you!

I've noticed for another series (specifically Super Robot Wars models by Kotobukiya) that Amazon has some pretty hit and miss labeling... I suspect the problem is that too many amazon sellers (and Amazon itself for that matter) really have no idea of what they actually have, and make too many assumptions.

I'm sorry you got hosed by it, though. Fortunately, they do tend to have an agreeable return policy from what I've heard... Fortunately I've never had to return anything, but I'm hyper-picky about what I actually am willing to order from them. I hope they don't give you a runaround.

In the absolute worst case scenario, you could most likely find somebody here on these forums that would be willing to buy it from you to recoup some of your losses.

I've noticed for another series (specifically Super Robot Wars models by Kotobukiya) that Amazon has some pretty hit and miss labeling... I suspect the problem is that too many amazon sellers (and Amazon itself for that matter) really have no idea of what they actually have, and make too many assumptions.

I'm sorry you got hosed by it, though. Fortunately, they do tend to have an agreeable return policy from what I've heard... Fortunately I've never had to return anything, but I'm hyper-picky about what I actually am willing to order from them. I hope they don't give you a runaround.

In the absolute worst case scenario, you could most likely find somebody here on these forums that would be willing to buy it from you to recoup some of your losses.

Not long ago, I saw a Hikaru VF-1A listed by a Japanese Amazon seller for around $42. Since that is one of the original wave of V2s, I assumed that this seller was simply trying to get rid of old stock, and since the price was low I jumped on it. The next day, I got an e-mail from the seller in broken English saying that he had mislabeled the product and asked if it would be ok to cancel the order. He actually offered to ship the toy if I insisted on it, since that's what it was listed for, but he noted that he would be taking a loss on it so requested the cancellation.

I ended up purchasing a VF-1S Hikaru 30th anniversary from another seller (Past Generation Toys). I got free two-day shipping from Amazon prime, and using points I paid nothing. Thankfully, they are also local to me so if anything went wrong I could quite literally walk up to their offices and talk to someone.

Nice to have some ears who can relate to my headache. Thx all!

Finding the option parts in white is the issue.

I'm waiting to hear back from seller. If he's willing to sell me the nin anniv at a fair price I may just get member "The Real Skull Fooker's" custom option parts and call it done.

I have to ask him what color they are? I don't think white. Fk me...lol

Amazon dose seem to be a mess. I wrote a few other sellers that had the the vf-1j anniversary listed and none have it! One said the amazon had the listing wrong..? As we know their prices on amazon are also all over the map.

It's killing me not being able to "play" with this guy. I've researched and waited and now there one sitting here looking at me.....

I'm actually thinking I may just try to return, buy the anniversary Roy edition and a 1/55 vf-1j....

Edited by Demon_seed_22

The option parts are kinda nice, but to be honest, they're not all that important in my opinion. The main reason why I think you'd want a 30th anniversary model is because of the changes they made to fix the durability issues. If you can't find a 30th anniversary model, then I would still go for one of the earlier releases. If your shoulders break, there's a thread around here that shows you where you can get replacement shoulders. Seems that a lot of people are happy with those replacement parts.

If you do manage to find a super/strike/option parts package with the non-white option parts -- well, you could always paint them white right?

Yea i may keep and get the custom option parts. They look sweet painted, if that's still a option.

Just waiting to hear back from seller as far as price..

The fact that I have the option again is making me re think my decision of the yamato vf-1j and a 1/55 1s Roy. Now I'm thinking I should do it the opposite way....

One of my main reasons/thoughts/concern is the white white of the yamato 1j compared to the 1s.

I made this decision already but as I said having the option again has my head all fkd up, again!

SuperSeni I did think about painting myself but I doubt I'd be happy with the result. I don't have much experience and wouldn't want to mess him up.

Edited by Demon_seed_22