An old Macross movie

I used to have this Macross movie on VHS, but I lent it out and never got it back. It is set after SDF-1 had come back to Earth in South America, and is in the period between Macross and Robotech masters. In the movie the SDF is re-activated for a short time.

The issue is that I'm trying to find the titlle, and possibly another copy. I've searched Wiki, and the net, even youtube comes up nil, but there seems to be no record of the movie in the chronologies I've found. It's as if it didn't exist, but it's over 2 1/2 hrs long.

Any help or direction to look would be appreciated.

That sounds more like Robotech than Macross.

There was Robotech: The Movie which was a re-edit of Megazone 23. I don't think it was 2 1/2 hors long tho and I'm not sure where it fit into the Robotech chronology.

Otherwise there is Robotech II: The Sentinels, but that was set after New Generation.

Edited by Tober

The SDF-1 being reactivated briefly makes me think of Macross II: Lover's Again but that is not part of Robotech...but it's the only thing I can think of as the Macross is activated briefly at the end to take a shot at the Marduk mother ship.

Edited by Atharun

The SDF-1 was reactivated briefly makes me think of Macross II: Lover's Again but that is not part of Robotech...but it's the only thing I can think of as the Macross is activated briefly at the end to take a shot at the Marduk mother ship.

I think this is what he is talking about. Zero to do with Robotech, in this universe there are no RT Masters and there is no magic plant called Protoculture.

Macross.II.2.JPG

Familiar?

It might help if you told us where you saw this. In the US? Europe? South America?

Also, from the brief description, it almost sounds like either Macross 2 (due to the over 2½ hour length), or some sort edit of the last 9 Macross episodes (though I'm not aware that there's ever been any kind of edit like what Modeler Guy is describing).

It might help if you told us where you saw this. In the US? Europe? South America?

It would also help if we knew WHEN he saw it. Mid-80's? Late '80's? Early '90's?

Based on his plot description, though, I agree with the others that it's probably Macross II... but the "Movie" version didn't come out until... what, '95 or so?

Also, from the brief description, it almost sounds like either Macross 2 (due to the over 2½ hour length), or some sort edit of the last 9 Macross episodes (though I'm not aware that there's ever been any kind of edit like what Modeler Guy is describing).

FHE during one of their VHS releases condensed the Macross saga's 36 episodes down to 6 two hour volumes.

When I read this I thought he was referring to Clash of the Bionoids but I'm thinking he's talking about Macross 2. It had no connection to Robotech but I can see the confusion especially because of the Marduk. I always felt they were little "Robotech Masterish" for Macross. US Renditions did make it clear that this was a sequel to Macross Do You Remember Love but in their ads they were trying to attract fans of Robotech or at least people who watched the Macross portion of RT.

FHE had complilation VHSs of Robotech: The Macross Saga that included all 36 episodes in condensed edited form. It even included the Robotech Masters episode that linked the two generations.

Before we go any further, the OP needs to provide a lot more details. As much as we want to help you, details might help. Images might too.

I'd start searching Youtube for clips of SDF Macross, SDFM: DYRL?, Macross II, Megazone 23, Southern Cross, Mospeada, or Robotech. Try looking for images of these particular shows. If none of these clips jog your memory, then I'm gonna have to ask "Are you sure this had anything to do with Macross?"