Shawn

Updated Forum Software-please be patient with anything odd

Hi everyone,

We upgraded the forum software tonight, and will experience some minor teething issues for a bit. You may notice some odd things with the appearance here and there, but we will get those ironed out soon.

If you see or experience anything strange, please post here, so we can resolve.

Thank you!! :)
Shawn

For some reason for me, I see the Forum and members list tabs up top twice. It is listing like Forums Member Forums Members Calendar Gallery.

For some reason for me, I see the Forum and members list tabs up top twice. It is listing like Forums Member Forums Members Calendar Gallery.

Me, too. Plus, it looks like Valk009's Avatar has tuned into the subject of whatever he posts on.

ummm, where's the upload image button now, so I can post a pic of what I'm talking about?

Fixed!

ummm, where's the upload image button now, so I can post a pic of what I'm talking about?

OK, looks like it's just here that I can't upload an image. Other threads seem to be OK.

Quote function is weird. Quick fix: toggle BB Code Mode.

Linked Images - not sure if it's a change on google's end, but it's not as intuitive as before. Images aren't highlighted either when editing.

OK, looks like it's just here that I can't upload an image. Other threads seem to be OK.

Attachments can still be upload but you will need to use the Full Editor to attach images or media files. Please note that the Editor has been revamped so please refresh/clear your cache to use the editor as some functions may have been moved.

Quote function is weird. Quick fix: toggle BB Code Mode.

Linked Images - not sure if it's a change on google's end, but it's not as intuitive as before. Images aren't highlighted either when editing.

Google has made some changes to their image viewer. But, if you can post a screenshot, it might help.

Alright... quote is really annoying now. If you want to edit out any of the content in the quote, you have to mind the first word, or else the quote BB code also gets deleted (and not just the header, but the BB code footer, too!)

[Toggling BB code to get this to work...]

Google has made some changes to their image viewer. But, if you can post a screenshot, it might help.

I believe that's the main change. The forum software kept flashing the warning "forum software doesn't support that file format". A closer look at the links google provides for their images is

E.g.: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_Is70YpW_Pss2pJDElAwHRtbkXvYqlFT-vIHhM9q7Qd6kzTZY

aside from the lack of image format, it's apparently also encrypted...

Anyhow, the feature that has been lost in the update is the copy/paste auto-image display. And the quotes function is flawed...

I've been mulling over the quotes function and I think I figured out what's going on:

1) the starting <quote> code is being automatically selected when the first word in the a quote is selected. So, if you delete that first word, the quote tag is also deleted.

2) the software automatically corrects posts. I've seen it remove carriage returns when toggling between BB Code modes.

I think the previous version of the software had an extra carriage return at the top of a quote, so that the quote tag isn't also deleted when the first word in a quote is deleted. I'd like to recommend that the quote feature automatically add a carriage return after the quote closing tag...

...though it may be easier to simply disable the auto resolve/correct feature when posting - it's been a long time since I last saw extraneous BB code tags in these forums, so I think most users here know what they're doing when posting...

Maybe this is a good place for it, for some reason Spell Check on Firefox doesn't work here. It didn't work before either.

Maybe this is a good place for it, for some reason Spell Check on Firefox doesn't work here. It didn't work before either.

Works for me. (Firefox 17.0)

Works for me. (Firefox 17.0)

Really. I'm using the latest version of Firefox. It's not workin. Left off the "g" on purpose.

Really. I'm using the latest version of Firefox. It's not workin. Left off the "g" on purpose.

Have you installed/updated all the dictionaries?

Gah... was going to post a screenshot of the red line under your "workin", but this section of the forums doesn't allow users to post images... >.<;;;

Have you installed/updated all the dictionaries?

Gah... was going to post a screenshot of the red line under your "workin", but this section of the forums doesn't allow users to post images... >.<;;;

Which dictionaries?

What happened to the Kites on the main forum page (for showing what threads you've already read)?

I always liked those too.

I see it on my PC but not on my iphone. I'm using my iphone almost 95% of the time now. I'm wodering if I clean my cache on my PC if the kites will disappear.

I'm getting like 30 notifications a day instead of the usual one. Changed it to weekly notifications, but problem still persists. Can this be due to the updated forum software?

I'm getting like 30 notifications a day instead of the usual one. Changed it to weekly notifications, but problem still persists. Can this be due to the updated forum software?

I've checked your profile and you have a lot of notifications via checked off compared to others. I've turned off some of your those notifications and hopefully that should reduce the spamming going to e-mail at least. You will still have the notifications when you visit the forums via the pop-up box but the e-mails should hopefully slow down. You can turn them back on as you wish but you might wish to alter how you want and how often you are getting notifications.

I use my iPad to visit the forums and I also lost the kites as well as embedded videos. Sad face.

The upgrade broke some parts of the skin which we are working on restoring. We'll get the kites back.

Hmm, if Spell Check is working for you then I guess it is something I don't have installed. But Spell Check works everywhere else in Firefox for me. I just upgraded Firefox and it's still not working.

Edited by JetJockey

Jet Jockey... was watching Clash Of The Bionoids dub and realized that's where you got your screen name. :lol:

What happened to the Kites on the main forum page (for showing what threads you've already read)?

Restored

Restored

Yay!!

(hmm, just noticed you can't change to Japanese characters on this particular thread.)

今、出来る。 Must have been me, then.

Jet Jockey... was watching Clash Of The Bionoids dub and realized that's where you got your screen name. :lol:

I've never seen Clash of the Bionoids. But the VHS copy I have of DYRL uses that term in the bar scene. It's a strangely weird English dub with Japanese subtitles. No cuts as I understand Clash of the Bionoids cuts tons of scenes. So yeah, that's where I got it. It was the first time I heard that term for pilots.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah... same dub. I bought the Toho dub at a convention as soon as I was able to drive. But I've always called it CotB... I rented CotB so many times before that the rental place should have just sold me the copy for cheap. I started laughing though because I heard Jet Jockey recently while rewatching the dub with my bluray. I thought, "There's a guy with that name on the boards!"

Photo uploader both advanced and basic not working with IE. Works fine with Chrome.

Graham