Supervision Army 30 years later.

TisSweet

According to the Macross Mech Manual site, it was never animated. During the final fight though, you can see all the other Meltrandi ships blowing the hell out of stuff and likewise being blown the hell up. Tne Meltrandi gunboat you see used to great effect mostly, and I suppose this is the next size up?

In the final fight, there are so many on screen, it get a bit abstract trying to decipher what is what. I always thought there were a few that looked to be the same class as the Macross was.

Also, here is another image:

UEEFGunboatV33topost.gif

Keith, are you saying that M7 is the most canonically pure segment of the Macross franchise?

Hmmm, it is the only one who's narrative wasn't muddied by movie editions...

Seriously, your descriptions work for me. We even saw both zentran armor styles on Gallia4. Maybe the updated armor in The First is really floating out there too.

Actually Keith is a the most canonically pure fanboy of Macross 7 ... :p

As for the SA, the galaxy is a very big place and if they are less in number than their Zentradi nemesis, then it is possible they are fighting a guerilla war of survival. I find it hard to imagine that if Basara a single Anima Spiritia capable individual could redeem so many Varuata soldiers, a larger force could not do the same for mind controlled SA. Thus, we have an army on the wrong side of the war suddenly fighting a relentless enemy.

I postulate that the Zentradi are on a Search and Destroy mission to commit Genocide against the SA forces and all those who dare aid them. It is rather remarkable that it only took the Zentradi 10 years to find the Macross without ever having a clue where she folded off to in the first place. When one considers the truly vast size of our galaxy, the odds are rather astounding unless the giants had become adept at finding escaping SA craft in the galaxy over the eons...

Edited by Zinjo

• 3 months later...

Since only Zentran ships have the green regenerating bio armor, and only Zentran are at times green; and nobody else ever bothered to adopt the technology....

Wait - there is a regeneration of the Island 1 dome clearly shown in the second Frontier movie - might have been based on the technology?

• 3 years later...

Sorry about the thread necro, but I've been pondering the whole PC/SA story for a while and went through a few older threads that hat lots of dead links. While the compendium and other resources translate some of the older sources, it almost feels like the time line deserves a fully fleshed out update every time new material is produced.

I think one un-explored possible direction for a whole series would be just this, the PC during the war. The different sides creating the zentran and meltran with lots of focus on the events that lead to the creation of the EVIL series.

Shoot, that for me would be just season 1, season 2 would be the fight with the SA and their defeat at the hands of what I'm now going to call the "star singers". Season 3 would use significant jumps in time to focus on the big development and in the very last episode a now empty ASS-1 re-activates and heads towards the Sol system.

Sorry about the thread necro, but I've been pondering the whole PC/SA story for a while and went through a few older threads that hat lots of dead links. While the compendium and other resources translate some of the older sources, it almost feels like the time line deserves a fully fleshed out update every time new material is produced.

Funny you should say that, as just yesterday in my current Macross related translation project I came across a paragraph that basically says that the timeline is intentionally left blank in parts and is effectively rewritten to suit the latest project (or in other words - any given timeline is only specifically relevant to the series that it was created for, and broadly relevant to the other series).

adding clones of the older characters [in Galia 4] makes it even more repetitive.

Unless they weren't. For all we know, Macross DYRL may had cast this exact crew to replay 'historic' roles. Think about it: so many memorable actors, fondly remembered, lost in a single incident. All but Temjin, that got his involvement largely reduced in the movie for being unreliable as an actor.

OK, this is off-topic nitpicking inside a necrothread. Just laughed at the implications. I tend to think about the issue somewhat as Keith: when Vritai entered Earth orbit, he had ceased to actually fight the Supervision Army for millennia (and too many memory implanted clones). He was just beating the scraps, as a Zentran could not do anything else.

Edited by Aries Turner

In my mind there's no such thing as Protodevlins, planet zola, spiritia, vajra love songs or nekki basara in the macross universe. :p

Are you sure you are not talking about the other universe, which has, instead, Masters and Invid?

Invid. Another set of rapidly evolving flying critters, they're EVERYWHERE!