I don't. The new ones may be good for the suit actor but the old ones felt more menacing.

Well, there weren't Flametroopers before. However, I think the new helmets for everybody (Minus the stormtroopers) look just as menacing now. I think the Snowtroopers in particular look more menacing than the original counterparts.

It's a very weird realization that for this film I am looking more forward to the dogfights than the lightsaber duels. First time I've ever felt that way about a SW movie. Not that I expect any of it to be shabby, it just seems like the vehicle scenes have been done so well that they are really competing for the spotlight now, where before they were somewhat backdrop-ish (originals) or cheesy (prequels).

The T-70 is pretty cool. What we haven't seen yet, are the Resistance ships.What will their frigates look like, their Mon Col cruisers and such? I'm hoping we see those at some point as well.

Will we actually see any of that stuff? So far all vehicle combat we've seen is JJ "grounded" i.e. it shows the ground because JJ Abrams is shitty with metaphors.

The T-70 is pretty cool. What we haven't seen yet, are the Resistance ships.What will their frigates look like, their Mon Col cruisers and such? I'm hoping we see those at some point as well.

The rebels had the cooler stuff, IMO. I don't even have a single Empire vehicle/toy except for the AT AT; I do have more than a few FX X Wings though...

The video intimates that George was planning on having Jar Jar be a sith which would be really cool but then Lucas got cold feet because of the backlash which seems unlikely. First, if the 'backlash' was that people HATED Jar Jar then leaving him the Sith would be PERFECT. Second, if he was worried about the backlash because like... maybe children loved Jar Jar or something, then that'd be stupid. I think people are just desperate to make the prequel trilogy more palatable.

Edited by jenius

Lol I still say the clones can't aim for s**t...

What Clones?

By the time of the Force Awakens, the original clones from the Clone wars would all be dead due to the fact that they age twice as fast as normal humans. Look how old Rex, Gregor and Wolff are in Rebels and that's set what 4 years before A New Hope

It's already canon that the Empire phased out clones in favour on human recruits or conscripts.

As far as I know, it hasn't been mentioned yet whether the First Order Storm Troopers are clones or humans, but I'm inclined to think the later, given that the Empire stopped using clones long ago, otherwise every Storm Trooper may be a Finn clone........hahah

What Clones?

By the time of the Force Awakens, the original clones from the Clone wars would all be dead due to the fact that they age twice as fast as normal humans. Look how old Rex, Gregor and Wolff are in Rebels and that's set what 4 years before A New Hope

It's already canon that the Empire phased out clones in favour on human recruits or conscripts.

As far as I know, it hasn't been mentioned yet whether the First Order Storm Troopers are clones or humans, but I'm inclined to think the later, given that the Empire stopped using clones long ago, otherwise every Storm Trooper may be a Finn clone........hahah

It's already been confirmed that the First Order troopers are definitely not clones. JJ went out of his way to describe the diversity present in the troopers, various heights, weights, races and sexes. Not really the type of thing you'd get with clones.

Clones, S-Troopers, conscripts, recruits, ROTC, U.S. Army reserve, whatever; they can't aim for all of the midichlorians in the universe...

And another two months until you can actually buy tickets to a show that isn't sold out!

I have tickets but I may consider not going on the count of how crazy it's going to be the first coupla weeks...

awesome....Capture%2520-%2520black%2520x%2520wing.J

I know right! I posted how much I'm loving the "exterior" X-wing shots they've shown in a couple trailers, on another board I frequent. The one you posted and the other one with the X-wings rolling into their target.

post-265-0-53421700-1448805009_thumb.jpg

The shot you posted reminds me of box art from an old board game from West End Games.

post-265-0-04627400-1448804019_thumb.jpg

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Poe has his own custom X-wing color scheme. Also.. might be borrowed from another certain show, but a lot of the X wings

have either green, blue, red, or yellow stripes for squadrons. Notice that looking at the variations. Poe is the only one with a black X-wing.

Poe obviously heads up Wraith Squadron.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/637009-new-star-wars-tv-spots-and-disney-channel-promos#/slide/1

So I caught a new TV spot yesterday on the Disney channel, and the first lines in it seemed like something new I had not heard before:

BB-8: beep boop boop beep

Rey: Where do you come from?

BB-8: beep boop boop beep

Rey: I know all about waiting.

BB-8: beep boop boop beep?

Rey: For my family.

I doubt that it's a Pacific Rim reference. ;) Has that line been in any of the other trailers? It definitely plays into some earlier (and popular) speculation.