I was going to make a joke at some point that if Star Wars was like Robotech, then Finn would have to be Lando's son. The rumor out today is that a packaging of a Finn toy lists Lando as Finn's father. It's a big galaxy for everything to come down to the children of the previous generation's hero.

I was going to make a joke at some point that if Star Wars was like Robotech, then Finn would have to be Lando's son. The rumor out today is that a packaging of a Finn toy lists Lando as Finn's father. It's a big galaxy for everything to come down to the children of the previous generation's hero.

Nah, that was debunked. It was an Amazon sellers description of the item. It was no where on the packaging..one thing I think everybody needs to understand is everyone doesn't HAVE to be related. I know Lucas was big on stuff like that in that it was a "small" universe, but there are different folks in charge. Theres only one character I feel is a lock to be related to one of the others and that is it.

Well the common thought is that the expanded universe twins are just being relabeled here so that would give us two relatives and that wouldn't bother me as they're Leia's kids and thus, if there's a genetic component to force sensitivity, that kinda makes sense right? The thing that's odd about that is the whole force genetics thing seems to be unique to the Skywalker clan. in Clone Wars TV show the force sensitive younglings all seem to just come from normal parents and it's completely random.

Kylo Ren is obsessed with Darth Vader. Luke's blue lightsaber he loses in ESB is Anakin's saber. Not a huge stretch that what's why he's after it.

So Kylo Ren is just a glorified a-hole scalping toy collector? Or does he actually have a functional reason to want it when he has his own working saber?

Edited by Gakken85

So Kylo Ren is just a glorified a-hole scalping toy collector? Or does he actually have a functional reason to want it when he has his own working saber?

Doubtful that it will be revealed in Ep 7. But it's likely to draw out Luke, which is the goal.

I think having random recognizable parts is part of Star Wars, I mean the Falcon was made of vintage car parts.

I feel like using existing components adds a very intrinsic realism to things. If you think about it, imagine all the research and development that went into those parts. Professional engineers spent years developing those parts, making them structurally sound, and functional. Using those parts is kind of like adding a base realism value to what you're making, adding on to something that is already a proven design.

It's why purely CGI stuff feels completely inferior to me, in terms of design. Those items never had to actually exist and function... why should anyone spend the extra time and money to do the R&D work to make something that would function in reality?

I know, science fiction, not our universe and all that... but our perceptions of "realistic" are rooted in this universe, and copying things from reality seems to me like it adds a lot to suspension of disbelief. There are tons of reasons manufactured items are shaped the way they are, and piggy backing on that science just makes things feel like a lot more work went into them.

Edited by Chronocidal

The truth about Finn!

Is Mace Windu's son! See when Mace Windu fell out the window he was saved by Jar Jar. He was in pretty bad shape and dying. Jar Jar used his long tongue to extract Mace's DNA before he finally became on with the force. Jar Jar then brought that DNA to Kamino. The same moment when a teenage Boba Fett returned home. There was an intense erotic struggle. Boba Fett killed Jar Jar. What Boba Fett didn't know is that Jar Jar implanted Windu's DNA inside Boba Fett.

Many years later Boba Fett the feared Bounty Hunter gave to birth Finn on board Vader's Super Star Destroy prior to being hired by Vader to track down the the Falcon just after the battle of Hoth. Fett of course was swallowed by the Sarlacc and never came back. Fett's, Mace's and Jar Jar's son was then raised to be a Storm Trooper.

It's true. All of it!

Plus the old one actually, you know, functions better. So it would be nice to get a look at an actual, functioning lightsaber instead of the unstable mess Kylo's cobbled together.

The truth about Finn!

Is Mace Windu's son! See when Mace Windu fell out the window he was saved by Jar Jar. He was in pretty bad shape and dying. Jar Jar used his long tongue to extract Mace's DNA before he finally became on with the force. Jar Jar then brought that DNA to Kamino. The same moment when a teenage Boba Fett returned home. There was an intense erotic struggle. Boba Fett killed Jar Jar. What Boba Fett didn't know is that Jar Jar implanted Windu's DNA inside Boba Fett.

Many years later Boba Fett the feared Bounty Hunter gave to birth Finn on board Vader's Super Star Destroy prior to being hired by Vader to track down the the Falcon just after the battle of Hoth. Fett of course was swallowed by the Sarlacc and never came back. Fett's, Mace's and Jar Jar's son was then raised to be a Storm Trooper.

It's true. All of it!

You lost me at used his tongue to extract DNA. can't unsee that.

"I have lived long enough to see the same eyes in different people. I see your eyes. I know your eyes."[/size]

That's eerie.

This might be a rather large spoiler if it's even remotely true. Grain of salt and all, consider yourself warned.

Pure obsession with his grandfather and a lost art/technology. He is Han and Leia's son, Luke tried training him and failed. Luke's Jedi Academy is found and attacked, everyone is killed except for Luke and Kylo who falls and wants to follow his grandfathers footsteps thanks to Imperial/New Order propaganda. Kylo is led to believe that Vader was a hero and was murdered by Luke. Luke having completely failed, runs away and becomes his version of Obi-Wan.

While the situation surrounding granting this guys last request is positive, do you really believe dying early of a painful terminal disease and leaving behind a young wife constitutes a "happy" end?

Far happier than it could have been. I lost a friend on Sunday who was 4 days short of his 31st birthday. It was incredibly sudden and he left behind a fiance and two children. At least Daniel had time for the little things, including seeing this movie.

Apples and oranges, but all things considered, yeah.

Anyone notice Finn's Jacket is the same Jacket Luke wore at the Yavin celebration?

Which is Poe's jacket now. That jacket seems to be passed around as much as Anakin's lightsaber in this movie.

And this pic...

(spoiler'd for size )

adam-driver-john-boyega-daisy-ridley.jpg

Isn't she cold?

And those EW pics have captions which one could derive some things from.