Basic recap of what RLM is saying:

Potential to ruin the film for you /spoilers:

1. Finn will die. Fin is also a spy at the start. Fin's death will push Han's daughter to take up the cause of the Jedi - something she has resisted as a scavenger of some kind.

2. The main bad guy Keelo in the helmet or whatever is the son of Leia and Han. See: Leia's sadness, and the casting for one of the guys looks like Han that hasn't been shown elsewhere. Long haired guy.

3. The main girl is Luke's daughter. See: similar arch and coloring in clothing.

4. They will resist showing any prequel stuff.

5. Luke is resisting bringing the Jedi back. May be a badguy but probably not.

6. His blue lightsaber from empire is a mcguffin and the thing everybody wants... for some reason.

7. Vader may be cloned?

Edited by Gakken85

Basic recap of what RLM is saying:

Potential to ruin the film for you /spoilers:

1. Finn will die. Fin is also a spy at the start. Fin's death will push Han's daughter to take up the cause of the Jedi - something she has resisted as a scavenger of some kind.

2. The main bad guy Keelo in the helmet or whatever is the son of Leia and Han. See: Leia's sadness, and the casting for one of the guys looks like Han that hasn't been shown elsewhere. Long haired guy.

3. The main girl is Luke's daughter. See: similar arch and coloring in clothing.

4. They will resist showing any prequel stuff.

5. Luke is resisting bringing the Jedi back. May be a badguy but probably not.

6. His blue lightsaber from empire is a mcguffin and the thing everybody wants... for some reason.

7. Vader may be cloned?

There are also spoilers in one of the phrases of the talking figures of the main bad guy that sort of confirms point number 6.

Edited by peter

I think the intent is that the main badguy is a cultist (Knights of Rin or whatever) who wants to bring Vader back. Maybe the universe is so fraked up that people are worshiping Vader as the guy who kept things in line. Maybe the blue saber will be needed to clone him?

Wow... a simultaneous release in Japan. That's extremely rare for any Hollywood film. My guess is that it will be available with Japanese subtitles only, with the Japanese dub coming in a couple of months later.

Actually, we get it a day earlier, due to the International Date Line. B))

That trailer... what brought a laugh to me is at the very end it says something along the lines of "simultaneously releasing across the whole country... at 6:30 PM".

Japan is renown for its timeliness, eh.

Big Spoilers - Don't read as it will ruin things.

I accidently read a couple spoilers. After that I read a synopsis of one of the earlier drafts of the script. This was before the trailers came out. The trailers pretty much support the details that I read.

Basic plot of the movie is about Kylo trying to track down Luke's Light saber. Poe has found it first and hid inside his droid BB8 before he get's capture. Pretty much like with Leia hiding the Death Star plans in R2.

Final warning don't read anymore cause it will ruin things.

(From Memory)

• Han Solo dies. Ford wanted the character killed off during the original trilogy. He basically takes on the Obi-wan role in the movie. Han leads the new heroes on pre-commando raid on the 1st Order's base. They are there to rescue Rey and to set some charges. Kylo finds them and Han buys them time by confronting him. He's killed in cold blood and Chewie blows the charges.
  • It is strongly suggested that Kylo is Hans and Leia son. Rey is their daughter. Rey and Finn chases Kylo down in the woods after Han's murder. Finn faces him first in light saber fight and loses. Rey basically accepts the force within and fights Kylo. Chewie basically flies in with the falcon and everyone escapes.
  • Luke is barely in the movie. There's a force vision/flashback scene that suggests Luke was unable to stop a massacre of his Jedi students. He became a hermit. The movie ends with the new characters visiting Luke to return his Light Saber.

I accidently read a couple spoilers. After that I read a synopsis of one of the earlier drafts of the script. This was before the trailers came out. The trailers pretty much support the details that I read.

Basic plot of the movie is about Kylo trying to track down Luke's Light saber. Poe has found it first and hid inside his droid BB8 before he get's capture. Pretty much like with Leia hiding the Death Star plans in R2.

Final warning don't read anymore cause it will ruin things.

(From Memory)

• Han Solo dies. Ford wanted the character killed off during the original trilogy. He basically takes on the Obi-wan role in the movie. Han leads the new heroes on pre-commando raid on the 1st Order's base. They are there to rescue Rey and to set some charges. Kylo finds them and Han buys them time by confronting him. He's killed in cold blood and Chewie blows the charges.
  • It is strongly suggested that Kylo is Hans and Leia son. Rey is their daughter. Rey and Finn chases Kylo down in the woods after Han's murder. Finn faces him first in light saber fight and loses. Rey basically accepts the force within and fights Kylo. Chewie basically flies in with the falcon and everyone escapes.
  • Luke is barely in the movie. There's a force vision/flashback scene that suggests Luke was unable to stop a massacre of his Jedi students. He became a hermit. The movie ends with the new characters visiting Luke to return his Light Saber.

Yeah, that's what I've read also. What's the big deal about Luke's saber anyway? Aren't they all the same?

meh. I probably won't go for a few days.

That's the wisest course of action, but impatience wins...

Yeah, that's what I've read also. What's the big deal about Luke's saber anyway? Aren't they all the same?

Not sure.

Kylo wanted it. The spoilers don't really say why, just that he wanted it. I guess he wanted it because it was a relic of Vader and it would lead him to Luke. But when Rey drops in his lap, he no longer wants the saber cuz Rey will lead him to Luke or draw Luke out of hiding.

Not sure.

Kylo wanted it. The spoilers don't really say why, just that he wanted it. I guess he wanted it because it was a relic of Vader and it would lead him to Luke. But when Rey drops in his lap, he no longer wants the saber cuz Rey will lead him to Luke or draw Luke out of hiding.

Well just goes to show you that even with the movie potentially spoiled, at least in my opinion, there are still many questions...

I just watched that Redlettermedia video,too,

My mistake.

Those guys have a really good track record at analyzing movies especially

the star wars movies. They put together a very plausible plot line and

character development for episode 7 to 9 that hits all the Star Wars buttons to me.

But I'm almost wishing that they are mostly right in their speculation

because their version still sounds like a really good star wars movie to me.

At this point, I don't want to listen to anymore current Star Wars podcasts or

even watch that new international trailer. It's been fun to listen to all

the hype and photo-reveals and read the latest SW forum and facebook posts.

I look forward to the Force Awakens movie next month with many more just as

good or better to follow.

I doubt John Boyega would be as excited as he is, if he was only going to be in one, of the three films.
Plus wouldn't his mood be different if he knew he filmed a death scene.

These aren't spoilers, they are just uber nerds trying to pretend to have some super insight, or inside info.

Disney actualy leaked several bogus scripits for this reason.

I accidentally read a couple spoilers. After that I read a synopsis of one of the earlier drafts of the script. This was before the trailers came out. The trailers pretty much support the details that I read.

Which version - ANH/ESB or ROTJ?

I think the saber will have some kind of DNA or connection to vader since he took it from Luke.

Hence the eventual clone of Vader.

If they are a cult.. they have to have some witchy crap going on.. and raising vader from the dead makes sense.

he can't just want it for sentimental reasons.

I just watched that Redlettermedia video,too,

My mistake.

Those guys have a really good track record at analyzing movies especially

the star wars movies. They put together a very plausible plot line and

character development for episode 7 to 9 that hits all the Star Wars buttons to me.

But I'm almost wishing that they are mostly right in their speculation

because their version still sounds like a really good star wars movie to me.

At this point, I don't want to listen to anymore current Star Wars podcasts or

even watch that new international trailer. It's been fun to listen to all

the hype and photo-reveals and read the latest SW forum and facebook posts.

I look forward to the Force Awakens movie next month with many more just as

good or better to follow.

Yeah I tried to avoid it myself but it was just too much fun.

Its going to be hard to enjoy with a pure state of mind and going in unbiased.

Edited by Gakken85

Now that is very clever. I like it a lot!

It really is.

And I like the sort-of implied message there that Han's blaster is his "lightsaber." There are many similar devices, but none identical to it. It's a tool that is uniquely his, and he is capable of performing extraordinary feats with it.

(Feats like routing a squad of storm troopers on their home turf with nothing but a good yell and run. :) ).

Nice Phillips Head Screw sticking out of her staff........

I am of two minds about that.

On the one hand, it strongly emphasizes the staff's apparent junkyard status. It gives it an inherently low-tech feel to the thing, makes it look more like a repurposed piece of machinery than a purpose-built weapon. And I'm pretty sure that's why it's in our faces like that.

On the other hand: REALLY? The PHILIPS is the standard fastener in Star Wars? WHY?!?!?

On the other hand: REALLY? The PHILIPS is the standard fastener in Star Wars? WHY?!?!?

I don't see the problem. I feel like it's a fundamental part of star wars at this point that everything is cobbled together from easily recognizable milsurp.