So, those 20 minutes of deleted scenes JJ talked about a few months back, yeah, well, we're only getting 3 1/2 min of them on the Blu/DVD release. And those 3 1/2 min are just snippets of scenes.

Edited by Duke Togo

So, those 20 minutes of deleted scenes JJ talked about a few months back, yeah, well, we're only getting 3 1/2 min of them on the Blu/DVD release. And those 3 1/2 min are just snippets of scenes.

Not at all surprised. It'll take the Super Duper Starkiller Base Extended Enhanced Edition before we see them and they'll probably be shoehorned in the movie with "updated" effects.

-b.

No place else to really put Ben Kenobi news, and here is as good a place as any:

From /Film

On the subject of the long-rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film, McGregor admits that there’s definitely a movie there:
"I’d very much like to do one too. I think the story between Episode III and Episode IV, I think there’s a story there. I think that’s the Obi-Wan Kenobi movie, if there is one. The one that bridges my Obi-Wan Kenobi and Alec’s Obi-Wan Kenobi because there’s a—I don’t know how long he’s in the desert there, but it’s got to be twenty or thirty years."

But he wouldn’t confirm if he had met with Lucasfilm or Kathleen Kennedy:
"I’m not sure I’m at liberty to say, really, but I’m very interested in doing that. That would be great. Maybe there’s even a trilogy!"

Sounds like Lucasfilm has atleast talked about it with him.

Edited by Duke Togo

I'd actually be okay with something like that, with the right script and in the hands of the right director. A properly written character piece about McGregor as Obi Wan could be one of the most engaging stories they could tell about the original cast. And most important of all, we've learned that the prequels are something to be avoided and a good way to tell these stories is away from hyperlinking all the past/present characters together as possible. Now if Hollywood can just learn that same lesson, we might have a film here :)

Edited by Mr March

True Story. Ewan was good as Obi Wan.

While I'm not a huge fan of the Prequels nor am I a total hater of them, Ewan's Obi-Wan was a deffinately a bright spot.

Chris

He's a decent actor, though. He just got literally the worst part from the worst character director. George Lucas is notorious for not being actor-friendly (ie he has a very narrow vision of the characters and doesn't allow actors to stray from that vision), and the bare-bone sets certainly didn't allow for one to chew the scenery. I mean, look at Natalie Portman. She's a fine actress, she's been in some great movies and gave stellar performances, but in the prequels Padme was constantly flat, monotone, lifeless. Nobody looked good in those films.

...except maybe Ray Park.

Sorry Renegade. I don't follow the SW thread that much, not heavily vested in the franchise.

I regards to the Obi Wan film. It makes the most sense of all of the one shot films discussed and in production, but I don't really care to revisit the character or his story as great as Ewan McGregor is. We know how his story ( ditto for Han Solo, the rebels, Baba Feat, etc.) turns out. I would be interested in Disney taking a risk and releasing films about new characters, stories, etc and not revisiting characters who stories have already been told. Your telling me as large as the SW universe is, they only have the ability to make films about characters they have already been done? I blame the fans for this. Explore new territory. Rant off.

Sorry Renegade. I don't follow the SW thread that much, not heavily vested in the franchise.

I regards to the Obi Wan film. It makes the most sense of all of the one shot films discussed and in production, but I don't really care to revisit the character or his story as great as Ewan McGregor is. We know how his story ( ditto for Han Solo, the rebels, Baba Feat, etc.) turns out. I would be interested in Disney taking a risk and releasing films about new characters, stories, etc and not revisiting characters who stories have already been told. Your telling me as large as the SW universe is, they only have the ability to make films about characters they have already been done? I blame the fans for this. Explore new territory. Rant off.

I agree with this.

One of the biggest flaws with the prequel series, especially the last one, is that we already knew where it was all going to end up - and Mr. Lucas wasn't able to pull a Mr. Cameron's Titanic. As interesting and fun as an Obi Wan film would be (especially the fan backlash toward Disney for regurgitating even more prequel stuff), I'm also much more interested in exploring new territory.