Both the Xwings over the water, and the hyperspace shot were in the movie.

Read my post again, the FIRST teasers X-wing shot is not in the movie. They used other shots for their approach over water. I saw the movie 3 times and don't recall seeing the reverse hyperspace shot from the full trailer either.

Chris

Read my post again, the FIRST teasers X-wing shot is not in the movie. They used other shots for their approach over water. I saw the movie 3 times and don't recall seeing the reverse hyperspace shot from the full trailer either.

Chris

Just came back from seeing Force Awakens in IMAX 3D, man the sound & picture were fantastic. The X-wing Tie-fighter scenes just bounce off the screen!!! B))

As for that First X-Wing teaser shot, it is definitely not in the movie!

So my parents and my wife's parents both caught this over the weekend. When we asked them what they thought both separately responded that they were lukewarm on it and that it was way too similar to the first movies. My guess is that people who weren't really sullied by the prequels (which I'm sure my parents and my wife's parents can't remember in the least) but have strong impressions from the first films still have a real hard time getting past all the similarities. Younger people who have caught the prequels a few times don't get smacked in the face by the recycled plot points as hard because the film doesn't suffer the multitudes of sins the prequels do.

I really just wish they hadn't done Starkiller Base. The one-ups-manship on the Death Stars, the similar settings, it was just too much of a rehash and it seemed similar things could have been accomplished differently. Still happy to feel like Star Wars is back though.

Didn't they have a lot of trouble with a remote controlled R2-D2 on SW1?

Though, given that BB-8 is completely remote controlled, maybe it has something to do with interference.

R2 has been robotic from the start with Kenny Baker only in there when they needed it to bounce around or walk on 2 legs.

Got the Art of TFA today, Fantastic book and some real interesting ideas they where throwing out there. some where absolutely stupid and crazy but the artwork is amazing. All part of the creative process though,you throw all that crazy stuff in the mixing pot.

They even had concepts to bring in Darth Talon from the Legacy comics as a character in the film, I like her, but im glad she wasnt included in the movie lol.

Great book :)

The lack of "classic" SW aliens (like twi'leks, rodians, etc) was one of my bigger gripes with the film----though Darth Talon is simply too cliche IMHO. "Female Darth Maul, and a twi'lek!"

Bring in Yuthura Ban, screw chronology, she'd rock.

Just came back from seeing Force Awakens in IMAX 3D, man the sound & picture were fantastic. The X-wing Tie-fighter scenes just bounce off the screen!!! B))

As for that First X-Wing teaser shot, it is definitely not in the movie!

Thanks ;)

Got the Art of TFA today, Fantastic book and some real interesting ideas they where throwing out there. some where absolutely stupid and crazy but the artwork is amazing. All part of the creative process though,you throw all that crazy stuff in the mixing pot

Great book :)

I agree, let me guess about the stupid idea....Kira/Rey, flying in an X-wing with the Canopy off, slicing into a Star Destroyer with her light saber!? If so, I thought that too! Either the Saber had one REALLY long blade to get through the hull of a capital ship or the Star Destroyer has REALLY thin Armor! :p Edited by Dobber

Thanks ;)

I agree, let me guess about the stupid idea....Kira/Rey, flying in an X-wing with the Canopy off, slicing into a Star Destroyer with her light saber!? If so, I thought that too! Either the Saber had one REALLY long blade to get through the hull of a capital ship or the Star Destroyer has REALLY thin Armor! :p

:lol: yes that was one of them, also the idea of the Falcon being a submarine and going to the emperors sunken chamber on the deathstar2 to retreive a map. :p

I saw on a talk show segment that BB8 was everything from a puppet to the robot in the movie. The full robot one is just for the publicity tour.

As for R2, the shot where he is heading for the escape pod shows the problems they were having with it - it is clearly going to run into the set if it continued moving.

Saw it opening night in IMAX 3D (well, what passed for IMAX 3D since the only true IMAX is a The Museum of Science & Industry). Saw it again a few days later. Probably see it a few more times. I loved it. It hit all the right spots to make it a Star Wars flick (even if the destruction of Hosni Prime could not be seen across the galaxy). Disney certainly hit a home run with it.

From the interviews with the writers, and Abrams interviews I've seen.. here's what I take. luke and another force wielder had a child. Young Kylo is jealous of Lukes squeeze, Kylo kills the jedi training camp including Reys mother, and luke hides her on Jakku, before hermiting out of shame for loosing not only his love, but the son of Han and Leia. Taking a chunk from ROTS/ANH hiding babies on outer rim worlds.

That would be interesting. Young Ben Solo has a crush on Mara Jade and that feeds his resentment. Then he finds out he's Vader's grandson and goes looking for answers about Anakin Skywalker, which then brings him into contact with Snoke. Snoke then builds on that jealous resentment to turn young Ben to the Dark Side. He then kills Mara if he can't have her, which fits into the novel universe where the son of Han and Leia kills Luke's wife. But, this is after Mara has hidden her daughter, Rey, on Jakku with on old enemy who owes her a debt. Thus hiding Rey from Kylo Ren and Snoke. And incidentally, her husband Luke, who by this point thinks she's dead.

I really just wish they hadn't done Starkiller Base. The one-ups-manship on the Death Stars, the similar settings, it was just too much of a rehash and it seemed similar things could have been accomplished differently. Still happy to feel like Star Wars is back though.

If they had to do a Death Star type super-weapon, then I wish they could have done something like the Darksabre from the novel.

Thanks ;)

I agree, let me guess about the stupid idea....Kira/Rey, flying in an X-wing with the Canopy off, slicing into a Star Destroyer with her light saber!? If so, I thought that too! Either the Saber had one REALLY long blade to get through the hull of a capital ship or the Star Destroyer has REALLY thin Armor! :p

Or someone saw BSG Blood and Chrome...

Edited by Thom

That's funny, as Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt did pretty much exactly the same thing.

post-237-0-24112100-1451968177_thumb.jpg

Some more quotes from Emo Kylo Ren:

"what's the word for when your father is frozen in carbonite but emotionally for your whole childhood"

"dear diary

this one idiot ewok tripped and got a bucket stuck on his head

uncle lando goes "look, ben! it's you!"

he is the literal worst"

"sometimes i wish i weren't an only child

but mom says when you have siblings weird things can happen"

"just to clarify: it is not a blankie

it is an heirloom piece of darth vader's cape and i don't technically NEED it to fall asleep"

"Poem to Rey:

My lightsaber's red

Yours is blue

We could finish what he started

If you let me train you"

post-237-0-79752800-1452141481_thumb.jpg

How about Very Lonely Luke?

Very Lonely Luke ‏@VeryLonelyLuke

Everyone in my family gets murdered:

Grandma - sand people

Aunt & uncle - stormtroopers

Dad - emperor

Mom - Dad

At least Han & Leia are OK

Jan 3

I haven't seen Kylo Ren in years.

I wonder if he's outgrown his Dark Side phase yet.

I bet he and Han worked things out.

Good for them.

I'm not sure why Kylo Ren hates his dad.

My dad was gone for my entire childhood.

Then he cut off my hand.

In the end, we hugged it out.

If someone visits, I'll tell them how I stare at the water

And they'll say "That's all you've done?"

And I'll be like "You should go now."

Very Lonely Luke@VeryLonelyLuke
Vader wore a mask because his face was disfigured by lava. Kylo Ren wears a mask because his face was disfigured by Han's DNA.
It's been 20 years since I've seen another person. Why did I think this was a good idea again? Oh, yeah. I remember. Because I'm an idiot
One time Kylo Ren showed up to my class in a black mask. I was like "Why?" And he was like "You won't understand" I think he's in a gang.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the First Order built a third Death Star? LOL. Even they aren't that stupid.
I sent R2-D2 back to tell all my friends exactly where I am. I sure hope he doesn't randomly go into low-power mode for 20 years.