Remember?

How can anyone reading this thread possibly forget....you keep repeating the same thing every chance you get....LOL

Because the questions keep coming up. Plagueis, midichlorians, Force Ghosts... Would you rather I not provide answers to these questions and let some members remain confused?

It seems the next several films are all tied to the original trilogy or around ANH. I'm hoping Disney will get creative and look at KOTOR for inspiration on more original Star Wars films.

You forget; Hollywood isn't creative anymore. It's all about reboots and continuations of franchises.

Because the questions keep coming up. Plagueis, midichlorians, Force Ghosts... Would you rather I not provide answers to these questions and let some members remain confused?

But you are not providing any answers, at least not concerning the three topics you listed...it just seems that you are trying to add to the confusion by making it seem that any concepts derived from the prequel trilogy are somehow part of the EU that officially no longer are canon...like it or not, the PT are part of SW canon....so if someone asks a question...answer it based on the available sources....if you can't do that, then you have nothing to offer....

But you are not providing any answers, at least not concerning the three topics you listed...it just seems that you are trying to add to the confusion by making it seem that any concepts derived from the prequel trilogy are somehow part of the EU that officially no longer are canon...like it or not, the PT are part of SW canon....so if someone asks a question...answer it based on the available sources....if you can't do that, then you have nothing to offer....

I did answer them based on available sources, namely JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, both of whom were integral to the development of this new trilogy. They've said time and again that George did what George did, and that they would never trample on that, but that they were focusing on Star Wars as laid out in the OT. Their concern was to recapture that and build on it.

Snoke is not Plagueis because they said he wasn't at SDCC. Never mind Snoke isn't a Muun and was at one point being developed as a female character. Midichlorians were hand-waved away, as they intentionally made the move back toward the more all-inclusive Force as seen in the OT. And Force ghosts are just another of the gaping plot holes Lucas introduced in the prequels, and I can guarantee you these movies aren't going to touch that mess with a ten foot pole. It's how dead Jedi could appear in the OT, so it's how they may appear now.

I did answer them based on available sources, namely JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, both of whom were integral to the development of this new trilogy. They've said time and again that George did what George did, and that they would never trample on that, but that they were focusing on Star Wars as laid out in the OT. Their concern was to recapture that and build on it.

Snoke is not Plagueis because they said he wasn't at SDCC. Never mind Snoke isn't a Muun and was at one point being developed as a female character. Midichlorians were hand-waved away, as they intentionally made the move back toward the more all-inclusive Force as seen in the OT. And Force ghosts are just another of the gaping plot holes Lucas introduced in the prequels, and I can guarantee you these movies aren't going to touch that mess with a ten foot pole. It's how dead Jedi could appear in the OT, so it's how they may appear now.

You are conveniently leaving out the biggest sources....the films themselves...the showrunners stated at the onset of this new "reboot" of the franchise that the only canon material will be the films, Clone Wars, Rebels, and new ongoing media (which if you really think about it is arguably a far worse scenario that what we had before when the EU was not official anyway....now you can't even expect to be fully informed about the entire plotline of the movies without all of the new EU content via a multitude of external sources)...so to borrow the line from Han Solo.......it's all real! Midichlorians, Force Ghosts, Darth Plagueis....maybe they will include an extended version of that scene where he mentions EVERYTHING....including Greedo shooting first!...LOL

Still wondering what the significance of the ashes he puts his helmet in is.

It could just be nothing more than a practical effect to emphasize the 'force' he used when he put the helmet down (pun intended). That, or another MacGuffin for fans to ponder.

It could just be nothing more than a practical effect to emphasize the 'force' he used when he put the helmet down (pun intended). That, or another MacGuffin for fans to ponder.

If they were the remains of Vader's armor, it's kinda odd he would keep them in an interrogation room. Nevertheless, I had the same thoughts. I haven't heard of it being mentioned in the novelization, so we may never know. I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

Only TWICE...? I mean, I saw the original Star Wars TWELVE TIMES in the theater... Fourteen if you include the Special Edition!

Okay, yeah... Most of of those were before affordable home video, but STILL...

I saw Star Wars a total of five times, never seen any other film at a theater more than once.

Barnyard Camberditch wasn't Kahn either.

Snoke is also not a Muun, and was originally developed as a female character. Both of which make Snoke NOT Plagueis.

This is, of course, ignoring the fact that JJ has already acknowledged his mistakes with Into Darkness, including the Khan reveal, which he said he'd never do again.

Has anyone officially confirmed his race post Legends?

That, and what is there to stop them from changing their whole pace and going from "developing a female character" to "make it Plagueis?"

I like the theory. That's all. =P

Yeah, we discussed that earlier. Still, I'm sticking with what they said at SDCC. Of course, Rian Johnson may decide to change that, so I suppose anything is possible.

George Lucas Criticizes Latest Star Wars Installment

Yes, boo hoo. But it's nice to know even the creator noticed this movie's storytelling shortcomings that many of us picked up on.

If anyone would know about storytelling shortcomings, it would be George Lucas. Edited by Duke Togo

I'm not opposed to snoke being plagueis but I'm totally open to something new as well. I just feel this movie was a big set up for a really sweet follow up.

I'd hope so. Rian Johnson made Looper work so I'm certain he will do wonders with Episode 8 titled... The First Order Strikes Back!

Edited by TangledThorns

I'd hope so. Rian Johnson made Looper work so I'm certain he will do wonders with Episode 8 titled... The First Order Strikes Back!

Well, they didn't exactly lose in Awakens. They took out the entire government of the Republic. If anything, it's the Resistance that will be striking back.

Current theory. Rey is Ben's daughter. Either her mother or mothers family left Rey on Jakku. Just doesn't sit right that Luke would abandon his kid on a desert planet, and or, not with Leia.

The circumstances of Rey's conception may be why Ben was sent away to train with Luke, and likely wouldn't have even known he concieved a child.

Current theory. Rey is Ben's daughter. Either her mother or mothers family left Rey on Jakku. Just doesn't sit right that Luke would abandon his kid on a desert planet, and or, not with Leia.

The circumstances of Rey's conception may be why Ben was sent away to train with Luke, and likely wouldn't have even known he concieved a child.

Yeah, no way Rey is Ben's daughter; there's only 11 years difference between the two. Unless you mean Kenobi, and that is literally impossible. The simplest answer is likely the correct one: she is Luke's daughter, though I assume he is not the one who left her there.

The Saga is the story of the Skywalkers. Unless Luke becomes the main character in 8&9, you need another, which is Rey.

Edited by Duke Togo

Yeah, no way Rey is Ben's daughter; there's only 11 years difference between the two. Unless you mean Kenobi, and that is literally impossible. The simplest answer is likely the correct one: she is Luke's daughter, though I assume he is not the one who left her there.

The Saga is the story of the Skywalkers. Unless Luke becomes the main character in 8&9, you need another, which is Rey.

No you don't, Kylo/Ben is as much a Skywalker as any child of Luke, since he is also the child of Leia. I agree, though, that she is Luke's daughter.

Chris

No you don't, Kylo/Ben is as much a Skywalker as any child of Luke, since he is also the child of Leia. I agree, though, that she is Luke's daughter.

Chris

I get your point, but I think they want an actual Skywalker, not a Solo descended from one.

We have over 30 years to play with. That can just as easily involve fathering a child at 12-13, making Rey easoly 17-18.

Theory #2: Rey is a female clone of Anakin. Perhaps comissioned by the Knights of Ren, Snoke, or even Luke.

It's way too simple to assume she is simply Luke's child, especially with her inheriting Chewie & the Falcon. Rey is seemingly recognized as a part of the family by Han & Leia, but never plainly or specifically. There'a something too off about her existence and exile. If she's Ben's, then I could see an interesting cknflict with him raging about her power level. If she's a clone of Anakin, then she'd pose as an interesting rival for Kylo over being the next Vader (in his eyes).

Luke had thar light saber for a while, and mever once freaked out about it. Rey being Anakin, or from a bloodline seperate from Luke could explain why she reacted as she did.

It's also been readily assumed she was waiting for her father to return. It could just as easily been her mother who left her there, with no intention of teclaiming an unwanted, or potentially forced upon child.

i posted this somewhere else, but here's my guess:

I don't think it's anything so complicated. luke mind tricked her. told lor San tekka to drop her off somewhere and watch over her. who so happens to be very close to her area if bb8 can make it to rey in a short time. he got killed so he's not coming back for her. don't forget when kylo is pulling thoughts out of her head he says he sees the ocean and the island.

I know this is heavy sci-fi but between the Starkiller base and finding a lightsaber at the bottom of Cloud City this film's disturbing lack of logic pushed my suspension of disbelief to the point of annoyance.

In regards to the Luke's lightsaber it really shouldn't matter. As we learned in AOTC a Jedi can go through several lightsabers during their lifetime.

Edited by TangledThorns

From the interviews with the writers, and Abrams interviews I've seen.. here's what I take. luke and another force wielder had a child. Young Kylo is jealous of Lukes squeeze, Kylo kills the jedi training camp including Reys mother, and luke hides her on Jakku, before hermiting out of shame for loosing not only his love, but the son of Han and Leia. Taking a chunk from ROTS/ANH hiding babies on outer rim worlds.