Wife wants to watch the orginal trilogy before we go see this. I don't want to watch the special edition. I heard their was a fan restoration of the original cut? Any ideas where i can find it?

not sure other than maybe torrent sites. look for "despecialized" something like that.

Though I doubt it I hope there is something of ROTS in TFA in regards to Darth Plagueis.

well i think many are assuming plagueis could be somewhere still. ^_^

btw all, be aware there is a toy out now on shelfs that can be considered a spoiler.

Edited by Negotiator

Don't know about you kids, but that was my first worry when this movie was announced. It has all the classic trilogy planet styles...

Yeah, I would much prefer the obviously fake-ass CG alien planets they had in the prequel trilogy.

Meh. All merchandise is considered spoiler material. Remember when the soundtrack CD to Episode I was released two weeks before the film? The track listing completely gave away Qui-Gon's death.

I sure do! I was being so careful watching out for spoilers too. Then I was excited to get my hands on the soundtrack and BAM! Major spoiler. Man was I pissed.

Chris

Part of me is going to walk out of this movie wondering why I didn't see any Jeeps, Dodge Chargers, or Lego people running around like in the trailers.

OK, only half serious, but did this whole "paired advertising" (half trailer, half sponsor content) thing just start this year? The first I can recall noticing it was for Jurassic World. Sponsor ads have been around forever, I know, but it has never before seemed so blatant.

It's shrewd advertising for sure, grafting an ad I would skip into a trailer I might be interested in. Still, bit of a shame that we now have commercials in our commercials.

Edited by Dio

Somewhat related, but I'm seriously considering using this method, when I eventually show the Star Wars movies to my kids:

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Once they're old enough, I'm curious to see what their reactions, impressions, and interpretations will be.

I'm cracking up right now at the Saturday Night Live Skit about the Star Wars TFA toys. Sub in Macross and it reminds me of myself lol.

Edit: Dunno if this belongs here or the Star Wars toys thread.

Edited by wmkjr

i'm getting sad as Dec 18th nears... knowing i won't get a chance to watch it opening night bc of the huge lines and madness.

I thought the same as you, but I'm going to brave the massive crowds just to get the viewing out of the way...

I thought the same as you, but I'm going to brave the massive crowds just to get the viewing out of the way...

I'm so glad I got tickets purchased a month ago for the 19th (18th stateside). Great way to spend my birthday with my 7 y/o son.

We get it on Thur December 17th here in Hong Kong, so a day earlier than the US, as new films always open on Thursdays in Hong Kong.

Unfortunately, can't see it Thursday, so seeing it on Friday Dec 18th after work.

Then I'll be seeing it a second time on Dec 21st with my son.

Graham

It opens on the 16th here in Italy.

I won't spoil it for you, I promise ;-)

Spoil it for me. Please send me a PM including all details. Happy holidays...

So stoked! Babysitter confirmed for Saturday night (19th), nice dinner & date night confirmed.

Then, I'll be taking my daughter to see it sometime in the next week. WIfe may join us for that, depending on how much he likes it, and will want to watch it again so soon.

The prequels really burned my wife's SW enthusiasm. It's optimistically returning (she bought us Darth Vader xmas sweaters), but I hope JJ brings back the joy.

But for now, I'm singing to myself:
"Star Wars! Gonna see Star Wars! Gonna see Star Wars, the second day!*"

* used to be "Opening day!," but oh well - kids...

Edited by Kelsain

Somewhat related, but I'm seriously considering using this method, when I eventually show the Star Wars movies to my kids:

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Once they're old enough, I'm curious to see what their reactions, impressions, and interpretations will be.

Thanks for the post, I'm going to try that method actually. It actually makes a lot of sense.