I always thought the theory that the emperor made the stormtroopers miss all the time on purpose held some water.

In New Hope Ben tells Luke "these blast points are too precises for Sand People. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

That opens the door for the theory that they were supposed to get as far as they were but the emperor didn't know who Luke was and he monkey wrenched the crap out of it.

Was she even born when Phantom Menace came out?

Now, that, is an interesting question. I did get to see The Phantom Menace when it came out in theaters in 1999, as well as the subsequent sequels. I also got to watch the original (and slightly altered) trilogy when it came out a few years prior. Man I feel old.

George Lucas Explains Why He's Done Directing Star Wars Movies

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/11/george-lucas-star-wars-jar-jar-binks

Nah, I suggest Mace Windu as the most hated character of the prequels; from my point of view.

As for Lucas musing about his critics, why should he give a damn? Sure he's a crap director and can't maintain continuity if his life depends on it, but he created something great that the rest of us mortals can only gawk, nitpick and obsess about. He should just keep smiling as he walks yet again to the bank, opinions be damned...

Nah, I suggest Mace Windu as the most hated character of the prequels; from my point of view.

As for Lucas musing about his critics, why should he give a damn? Sure he's a crap director and can't maintain continuity if his life depends on it, but he created something great that the rest of us mortals can only gawk, nitpick and obsess about. He should just keep smiling as he walks yet again to the bank, opinions be damned...

I don't fallow "I suggest Mace Windu as the most hated" most of his screen time is not that objectionable to me could you elaborate on why you think he is a bad Character?

Edited by miles316

"his biggest concern about the ever-expanding universe? That the Force doesnt get muddled into a bunch of gobbledygook."

You did that yourself George when you introduced midichlorians.

But in his mind, I'm sure, it's not gobbledygook if it's his gobbledygook...

The more Luca$ whines about critics and fans criticizing him over his poor execution of the Prequels, the more glad I am Disney took over. Episode 1 was the problem, as it was his terrible idea to hinge the movie on a child actor and a terrible CG character. All to what end? Sell more toys and action figures. He's no dummy, just not very talented as a storyteller when he isn't regurgitating Cambell-isms and Kurosawa. I have no idea if TFA is going to be any better than the prequels, but it is made with love not with what Lucas has grown to feel about Star Wars, which is contempt and a general inability to understand what your audience wants.

Edited by therealfolkblues

I've been getting prepped for the new film.

I watched fan edits of the prequels and I'm working on the despecialized editions.

I saw Cloak of Deception, The Republic Divided, and The Dawn of the Empire.

I have to say with some editing and re-hauling these are pretty decent films with a good story underneath. Taking out little things like not letting the droids speak, or cutting scenes just a little short makes a huge difference. They also added in some cut scenes that give a much better narrative flow, while cutting pointless scenes like the diner in clones. Also cutting some of the over the top sequences like Yoda flipping around was nice.

I really enjoyed rewatching all three together after not seeing them for over a decade. They are solid fantasy-fi films in their own right.. if edited properly.

StormTrooper defelecting lightsaber weapon? woah, Jedi story must be a whole lot more interesting than the "spoilers" are leading on to.

Nothing new, there were Droids that had staffs that could do the same thing in Episode III.

-b.

Is it just me, or do those resistance pilot uniforms look like they were constructed by a 5 year old raiding a thrift store for Halloween costume items? I mean.. I'm pretty sure my mom has a Tupperware bowl that could be the basis for that helmet.

I'm relatively ok with updating things, but they went from something that actually resembles real military hardware to... well.. that.

Edited by Chronocidal

Is it just me, or do those resistance pilot uniforms look like they were constructed by a 5 year old raiding a thrift store for Halloween costume items? I mean.. I'm pretty sure my mom has a Tupperware bowl that could be the basis for that helmet.

I'm relatively ok with updating things, but they went from something that actually resembles real military hardware to... well.. that.

All the cool stuff goes to the Empire/First Order.

Note that the new TIE pilot outfit took a few hints from the F-35's HMDS:

star-wars-first-order-tie-pilot-sixth-sc

0BETTERWORK.jpg