I actually like the way the split wings look on the X-Wings. I can't say much or the scene itself. What I don't care for is most of the cinematography. That whole sequence with the Falcon just felt so off on so many levels.

The junker speeder bike was kinda cool, not everything has to look sleek and awesome. Utilitarian isn't always beautiful.

LOL Star Wars was all about junky fighters, the more junky, the more modern to SW. I think the Speeder might just be vintage

seeing how it's probably salvaged from some random Mos Eisley junker.

S-foils don't bother me, it's fairly more accurate to have the two splits make one wing... ya know.. because atmosphere and stuff.
I know the original SW was just nothing but fantasy space flight, it just looks like they were at least moving to a more scientific feel

Which is fine with me.

Guest davidwhangchoi

looking at those hi res pics again, those tie fighter lasers are way too long :p (i guess by speeding up the lasers, they look like a lighthouse flashing signals)

how can those green long beams match the tie fighter "uzi gun" shooting sound?

we need laser bullets. not beams. haha jk, love the trailer:)

image.jpg

Wife brought up an interesting point, said it reminded her of a scene in DYRL.

2.jpg

The scene from DYRL came to my mind immediately, I think I watched the trailer 8 times just for the Fighters over the water alone! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

That R2 droid is interesting...makes me wonder if it doesn't unfold into something more.

I liked what I saw in the trailer; it feels suitably Star Warsy to me, so far as the look of the film goes. I hope the script and acting are good, as those will raise it far and above the Prequels. I personally prefer the OT inspired designs here, as the Prequel designs never really felt authentic to me, despite being chosen by GL himself. Anyway, we have a year to go, so it's a bit early to pass judgment on a few visuals that may be tweaked before the final release.

I've avoided searching out stuff about the film purposely, as I want it to be as fresh as possible, so this trailer and the pics that Abrams posted a while back are all I've seen. Nothing about either has raised any alarm bells yet. My optimism abides.

Eh, X-Wings look fine, except for the wings... it just throws the entire design out of balance having the wings those shapes. They were never meant to be aerodynamic in the first place, but it just looks bad to me having them not be symmetrical. Call it OCD, or whatever, but I think the wings just look terribly thought-out that way. Pilot gear looks similarly bad (that helmet is just baaaaad), and the fact they're still using those dumb Episode IV targeting computers makes me cringe considering how many more advanced things we've seen in the movies that were supposed to take place 60 years ago. <_<

Hopeful for the movie in general, but I'm really worried they're going to do exactly what Into Darkness did.. cram in every single possible reference they can to the original content, twist it in some way that may or may not make sense, and hope it holds together into a new story.

Changing things just so they're barely different is a good way to both accomplish nothing that makes sense in-universe, and simultaneously kill anyone's nostalgia by making it just different enough that people don't like it anymore.

Edited by Chronocidal