Fisher's a fine comedian, but there are plenty of good comedians who aren't great actors. Now, her role as Leia in the originals was believable and good acting, so I know she had the ability at one point. My only concern is, 30 years later, has it faded with time? There's been a lot of rehab in the last few decades.

Sorry if I missed it, but how expansive will the roles be for Han, Luke and Leia? If their roles are small and contained it could work well (enough) and hide any issues with age and acting ability (or lack thereof).

-b.

Sorry if I missed it, but how expansive will the roles be for Han, Luke and Leia? If their roles are small and contained it could work well (enough) and hide any issues with age and acting ability (or lack thereof).

-b.

Ford has a major role in the film. That's all we know for sure.

Ford has a major role in the film. That's all we know for sure.

Gotcha.

Well I have faith that the filmmakers are aware of a lot of the concerns expressed here and probably at some point share(d) them. I'm sure that no one from the original trilogy be required to over-extend their current acting ability. Fingers crossed.

-b.

All of that material is still just speculation at this point. There was a lot of conceptual material that never made it into the other movies either...

This is the problem with the information age we live in, sometimes there's too much freaking info being leaked about things we don't want to know about yet, namely Episode 7. I've been trying to keep away from spoilers as much as possible, but sometimes that's hard to do when these dumb asses put spoilers right in the freaking titles of the articles themselves that get displayed on home pages. :angry:

Edited by Kyp Durron

How is any of this a spoiler? HOLLY frakkING crap GUYS, THERE ARE ACTORS IN THE FILM! AND THEY PLAY CHARACTERS, AND THEY DO crap THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE RELATIONS TO crap THAT HAPPENED IN THE PREVIOUS 6 FILMS!!! OH MY frakkING GOD GUYS BIGGEST SPOILERS IN THE HISTORY OF THE frakkING WORLD OMGJESUSCHRISTMONKEYBALLSFUCFJKLA;JIOPDA!!!!!1111ONEEXLAMATIONPOINT.

seriously, it's frakking star wars, it's not going to have a deep plot or any major twists that you won't see coming a million miles away anyways.

Edited by anime52k8

So.. apparently some asshat leaked the whole movie:

I'm not reading it. but yeah.

Spoilers obviously if you click on this.

Link

So.....

in terms of someone finding luke's lost lightsaber:

4a08ee6ff02904da362056d31a65bdf8-star-wa

Are they talking about the one he lost when his dad cut off his arm at Bespin? Looks about the right color.

Edited by peter

So.....

in terms of someone finding luke's lost lightsaber:

4a08ee6ff02904da362056d31a65bdf8-star-wa

Are they talking about the one he lost when his dad cut off his arm at Bespin? Looks about the right color.

Maybe...unless he has built several in the last 30+ years.....

However, I'm getting a feeling that Luke did not train anyone over the last 30 years...and that maybe that was a mistake....so now he is coming out of "retirement" to save one of his own?....

I don't buy it. Abrams is not as good at this as Kershner was, and the story hasn't set itself up for the amazing tragic middle act that Empire was.

The first part I agree with, however the second part doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Since these things are always trilogies now it doesn't have to pretend like it's a standalone tale like A New Hope did. They can go ahead and start hitting on heavier themes and even leave on a cliff-hanger if they want to this time. Everybody knows parts two and three are coming anyway.

I don't buy it. Abrams is not as good at this as Kershner was...

Please look at a list of Kershner's and Abrams credits in comparison. JJ is a powerhouse, even if many of his works could be classified as 'misses'. Let's not forget that Kershner was also responsible for Never Say Never Again, and Robocop 2.

Please look at a list of Kershner's and Abrams credits in comparison. JJ is a powerhouse, even if many of his works could be classified as 'misses'. Let's not forget that Kershner was also responsible for Never Say Never Again, and Robocop 2.

And? Never say Never Again is no better or worse than the majority of the Bond films and a lot better than the official Bond film Octopussy it went into direct competition with. Its only sin is it being a rehash of Thunderball thanks to a stupid lawsuit over creative rights. Robocop 2 is a another guilty pleasure who's main problem is its same stupid cheesy satire of Murican consumerisim as the first only this time DRUGS DUH DUH DUH!

JJ Abrams did the last two Star Trek films, which while visually appealing (beyond the RAMPANT LENS FLARES) kind of completely missed the point of Star Trek beyond "Aliens do things" and "Spock and Kirk become friends". And you can't blame Kershner for a non-Eon Bond film tanking. They kind of just don't work without Eon. Even some of Eon's are misses. (I'm looking at you The World is Not Enough)

which huge falcon is that? and are those the 3.75 inch or the 6 inch troopers?

Looks like the Hasbro re-release of the Kenner playset.

Empire had Lando, Episode 7 does not: It won't be THAT GOOD! :angry:

QFT