If you could convince one company to make your dream Mech or Anime Fig

Been looking around a bit trying to find some recent info on Sentinel's Detonator Orgun figure, which got me thinking about other, obscure shows and what I'd want in a perfect world if I could convince one toy company to make my "dream" figure(s). And I almost instantly came up with this.....

g_p_kishin_corps_07_x26414f414d0mkv-00000.jpg

The mechs of Kishin Heidan/Kishin Corps. For anyone unfamiliar with the series it was one of the early Pioneer shows that threw Nazis, Aliens, and Giant Robots into the mix in a very retro-themed action series. Personally I really enjoyed the brief series and every now and then I see some Chogokin or another with similar styling that makes me wish someone would tackle the series. My first choice would be Max Factory simply because their Big O is beyond stunning and built like a brick. As a fall-back I'd ask Bandai to put any/all of the show's mechs into the Soul of Chogokin line.

So just for fun, in a perfect world what non-Macross Mech(s) or Anime figure(s) would you command and from whom?

Edited by azrael

Here is some I would like physical representations of.

I am open to who actually makes them, although where possible I want them to be scaled model kits with full cockpit and pilot detailing (like MG or R3 line).

- Super Dimension Century Orguss: Orguss, Nekick

- Mobile Police Patlabor: Peacemaker, Type Zero (from Wave in 1/48 would be great, and while they are at it also re-release the bloody Patlabor!!!)

- Aura Battler Dunbine: Billbine, Sirbine

- The Vision of Escaflowne: Escaflowne and Alan Shezar's Guymelef

- Panzer World Galiant: Galiant (TV and OVA version)

- Code Geass: Lancelot Albion (enough of the stupid action figures, I just want a nice 1/48 or 1/35 scaled kit with details!!!)

- Metal Armor Dragonar: Dragonar (non-stylized!), Falguen (1/100 scale with MG frame)

- Five Star Stories: Junchoon and the rest (affordable 1/100 scale kits that are articulate)

- Super Beast Machine Dancouga: revamped Dancouga and individual bots from "God Bless..." OVA (Bandai SOC)

- Linebarrels of Iron: Linebarrel (1/100 scale)

- Super Robot Wars: no particular ones, just make them 1/100 again (Kotobukiya you fail me)

- Next Senki Ehrgeiz: some Mechs in here that would be nice to have

- Genesis Climber Mospeada: once and for all A PROPER TRANSFORMING TOY on par with Bandai/Yamato!!!!

- Heavy Metal L-Gaim: L-Gaim Mk. I to match the Mk. II from the R3 line

Edited by lechuck

The obvious one for me is Big Dai-X from "X-Bomber"/"Star Fleet". Takatoku made some pretty good toys back in the day but a "Soul of Chogokin" style treatment would be awesome:

The other would be the "Turn-A Gundam" from... go on, guess. :) There have been a few toys before as well, a couple of them pretty decent, but nothing really "preminum"...

Oh, and while I think of it - posisbly streatching the definition of "Mech" here a little bit, but a "collectors" Dalek. Again, there have been plenty of toys but nothing sort of "Chogokin" standard. I have one of the "Ironside" variants and its a real shame it doesn't have a voice feature to deliver the best Dalek line ever:

I'd love a 1/6 manga accurate Grey Death fig. (cloth poncho/removable helmet )

From the Viz manga Grey from the late 80's ,my all time fav manga.

Grey Digital Target anime was a joke, so an updated CGI Grey anime with an action fig line.

Edited by troyness

I'd love a 1/6 manga accurate Grey Death fig. (cloth poncho/removable helmet )

From the Viz manga Grey from the late 80's ,my all time fav manga.

Grey Digital Target anime was a joke, so an updated CGI Grey anime with an action fig line.

That would be cool. From medicom.

I'd want Wave to make that damned ODK SR-4 Last Junchoon figure (from Five Star Stories) they were actually going to release until it simply...didn't happen. Most severe mecha figure tease I've ever suffered :(

post-114-0-14110100-1358699661_thumb.jpg

post-114-0-35166100-1358699690_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr March

post-2996-0-62131800-1358673755_thumb.jpg

+1

Good call! I think this was my 2nd "official" anime ever. I'd seen stuff like Robotech and Voltron on TV of course, but as far as unedited, straight up anime it would be the US Renditions release of Appleseed and Animeigo's Madox-01 that got me started. Back in the clamshell/hardcase VHS days.

- Super Dimension Century Orguss: Orguss, Nekick

- Mobile Police Patlabor: Peacemaker, Type Zero (from Wave in 1/48 would be great, and while they are at it also re-release the bloody Patlabor!!!)

- The Vision of Escaflowne: Escaflowne and Alan Shezar's Guymelef

- Panzer World Galiant: Galiant (TV and OVA version)

- Five Star Stories: Junchoon and the rest (affordable 1/100 scale kits that are articulate)

- Genesis Climber Mospeada: once and for all A PROPER TRANSFORMING TOY on par with Bandai/Yamato!!!!

Could go for any of these, thought I'd want them all as toys not models.

Oh, and while I think of it - posisbly streatching the definition of "Mech" here a little bit, but a "collectors" Dalek. Again, there have been plenty of toys but nothing sort of "Chogokin" standard. I have one of the "Ironside" variants and its a real shame it doesn't have a voice feature to deliver the best Dalek line ever:

Nah....it's the closest thing to a Euro-Mech so I say run with it!

I'd want Wave to make that damned ODK SR-4 Last Junchoon figure (from Five Star Stories) they were actually going to release until it simply...didn't happen. Most severe mecha figure tease I've ever suffered :(

I'd love any/all of the FSS Mech as actual figures, hands down they are the coolest Mech designs ever! The garage kits are great for skilled modelers with tons of time, but the couple plastic kits I've played around with never come out looking even close to the publicity/box shots. A nice large ~1/60 figure series would rock! Or maybe that's too big....not sure of the scale, they'd probably need to be around 1/72 or 1/100, whatever scale would put them in line with Yamato's 1/48. I'm hoping Nagano's recent tease about a new product that isn't a garage kit means they are finally doing this.

One release, or lack thereof, that still stuns me to this day are the elf ladies from Lodoss War, Deedlit & Pirotessa

5Banimepaper-52.jpg

I would LOVE a 1/6-1/8 figure of these, preferably by Yamato!

did BANDAI ever make a MG PATLABOR "HELLDIVER" ? i'd really love one of those...

Another vote for Madox, preferably in 1/35 scale for awesome anti-tank scenes. Gawd that would be glorious.

Hyper Unit Dangaioh, anyone?

that... would be a dinky little thing, best realized, IMHO, as a courtesy accessory to a 1/6 YAMATO MADOX,

with detail down to functional die-cast joint hydraulics, and with a "boarding mode" to accept a 1/6 Ellie Kusumoto doll...

lavish, perhaps, but when Yammie would be likely to be asking well over $300 for it, LAVISH it damned well BETTER be, IMHO...

If I could convince one toy company to make my "dream" figure, it would be a 1/100 scale ARIEL

and it's gotta have the unmasked look option

you bet!!, THAT would be AWESOME. 10/12in. doll size, what scale would that factor out to? pure Awesomeness, in any degree... :wub:

Edited by Shaorin

I want a proper motoslave.

Amen to that!

And the Highway Star too, by Yamato.

A 1/10 Viper from Viper's Creed would be epic, and I'd be in trouble if Yamato decided to finish their 1/24 Patlabor line by adding a Griffon, Type Zero and Helldiver

that... would be a dinky little thing, best realized, IMHO, as a courtesy accessory to a 1/6 YAMATO MADOX,

with detail down to functional die-cast joint hydraulics, and with a "boarding mode" to accept a 1/6 Ellie Kusumoto doll...

lavish, perhaps, but when Yammie would be likely to be asking well over $300 for it, LAVISH it damned well BETTER be, IMHO...

Whoops, I meant at least 1/18 scale to be in scale with GI Joes!

What I've always been waiting for is a model of Riding Bean's car. Rally's ride is easy to find enough, but the Roadbuster is just too obscure I reckon.

What I've always been waiting for is a model of Riding Bean's car. Rally's ride is easy to find enough, but the Roadbuster is just too obscure I reckon.

boy, i can really see now why AnimEigo had decided to buddy RIDING BEAN up with MADOX

on the old double-feature LASERDISC release i own a copy of;

old-line U.S. Anime fans generally cannot seem to mention one of these OVAs without thinking immediately of the other...

Edited by Shaorin

Amen to that!

And the Highway Star too, by Yamato.

A 1/10 Viper from Viper's Creed would be epic, and I'd be in trouble if Yamato decided to finish their 1/24 Patlabor line by adding a Griffon, Type Zero and Helldiver

Oh how I would love this, plus a reissue of the previous 1/24 Yamato Patlabors. I was out of collecting when they released and haven't been able to grab one for a decent price yet. I would LOVE for Yamato to kick the line back into gear this year; it is the 25th Anniversary after all! I'd only want....

Reissue of the Ingrams

Type J-9 Griffon

Type AV-0 Peacemaker

Hal X-10

Dolphin/Space Dolphin

AV-02

Type 99 Roadrunner

Lehrer

A proper Brocken figure that doesn't fall apart (CMS) and includes proper military weapons and not a damned metal bar (Revoltech)

Helldiver

and the Griffon's woefully underrepresented predecessor, the Phantom.

That's not too much to ask is it? :D

I would LOVE a 1/6-1/8 figure of these, preferably by Yamato!

Noooo! Yamato makes bad figures. All my Appleseed and GitS figures where pretty grappy. Maybe Figma or PlayArts. Would love the Record Of Lodoss War companions tho. I wish there was a direct sequel to the original.

Another vote for Madox, preferably in 1/35 scale for awesome anti-tank scenes. Gawd that would be glorious.

Hyper Unit Dangaioh, anyone?

Yep - that was my vote: SOC Dangaioh

Although I do not have a SOC item, the Bandai SPEC line has impressed me immensely with its quality.

A transforming super-hi quality Dangaioh with lots of metal would be sweet. Twice the size of the SPEC line.

LeChuck said above Dragonar - 'non stylized'? LC - if you do not have have the new D1 and Falguen SPECs get those - they are INCREDIBLE!

As for a few others mentioned -- Robot Spirits just came out with dandy looking Dunbine and Billbine - so that dream is answered. And RS had a L-Gaim Mark I to go with the Mark II. And Bandai SPEC also has a Mark I.

As for Galient, this is my favorite collectable still, and it has some pretty fierce competition:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27cd7ea4e7

post-8486-0-97997800-1358787305_thumb.jpg

It is a 'dream mech' - it has been made, as well as a mech can ever be made I think.

Here it is next to my Max factory Dragonar for scale...

post-8486-0-53280600-1358787364_thumb.jpg

I'd love any/all of the FSS Mech as actual figures, hands down they are the coolest Mech designs ever! The garage kits are great for skilled modelers with tons of time, but the couple plastic kits I've played around with never come out looking even close to the publicity/box shots. A nice large ~1/60 figure series would rock! Or maybe that's too big....not sure of the scale, they'd probably need to be around 1/72 or 1/100, whatever scale would put them in line with Yamato's 1/48. I'm hoping Nagano's recent tease about a new product that isn't a garage kit means they are finally doing this.

The reason I wanted the Wave version of the ODK SR-4 Junchoon that they once planned was because it was a smaller scale, but very high quality and extrmely detailed. It would have been the perfect figure for a fan like me. Too pricey for sure, but in this case I'd have been willing to make the exception.

I agree that many Five Star Stories mecha would be welcome as high quality figures, but honestly I do think the ODK SR-4 Junchoon was the perfect choice to build into such a great figure with broader appeal. Like most of the Junchoon designs that Nagano built, the ODK SR-4 is a good display of the ornamental, high-art style that FSS is known for including many more conventional stylizied features that have more "main stream mecha" appeal for fans. Ugh, just thinking about it more is making me even more depressed that Wave cancelled this figure :)

Here is some I would like physical representations of. I am open to who actually makes them, although where possible I want them to be scaled model kits with full cockpit and pilot detailing (like MG or R3 line). - Super Dimension Century Orguss: Orguss, Nekick - Mobile Police Patlabor: Peacemaker, Type Zero (from Wave in 1/48 would be great, and while they are at it also re-release the bloody Patlabor!!!) - Aura Battler Dunbine: Billbine, Sirbine - The Vision of Escaflowne: Escaflowne and Alan Shezar's Guymelef - Panzer World Galiant: Galiant (TV and OVA version) - Code Geass: Lancelot Albion (enough of the stupid action figures, I just want a nice 1/48 or 1/35 scaled kit with details!!!) - Metal Armor Dragonar: Dragonar (non-stylized!), Falguen (1/100 scale with MG frame) - Five Star Stories: Junchoon and the rest (affordable 1/100 scale kits that are articulate) - Super Beast Machine Dancouga: revamped Dancouga and individual bots from "God Bless..." OVA (Bandai SOC) - Linebarrels of Iron: Linebarrel (1/100 scale) - Super Robot Wars: no particular ones, just make them 1/100 again (Kotobukiya you fail me) - Next Senki Ehrgeiz: some Mechs in here that would be nice to have - Genesis Climber Mospeada: once and for all A PROPER TRANSFORMING TOY on par with Bandai/Yamato!!!! - Heavy Metal L-Gaim: L-Gaim Mk. I to match the Mk. II from the R3 line

1)Escaflowne has been done in DIECAST! by our friendly manufacturer Yamato

2) Line-barrels has been done by CMS. I have the Alter version too

3) Shezar's Guymelef I would like to see

4) really need a Lancelot Albion, I foresee this coming under the SRC Line because Bandai did do a less popular Armored Core Mech

4) I want to see Yamato do the Zoids Scorpian type and Gariyuki

5) MG, PG SOC crap anything with Kyshatria

6) VEHICULAR VOLTRON DAMMIT!!!!!!!

7) The other destroids!

8) I want to see both 80s/200os Galactica done by either Bandai or Aoshima

9) GIVE ME A SOC DANN of THURSDAY DAMMIT!!!!!

10) Rahxephon!!!!

A better this in SOC format

dgaio_dm_all03.jpg

dgaio_dz03.jpg

Well look at this SHE did a Escaflowne????

Tamashii-Nations-X-Studio-Halfeye-Escaflowne-02_1285910048.jpg

Escaflowne+Guymelef.jpg

But anyway SHE has practically done everything

http://studio-halfeye.com/works/works_top.html

vf 2ss 1/60

i'd love that too... still, no MACROSS in this thread!! AAGGHH!! :angry:

I want a proper motoslave.

what was wrong with the YAMATO releases?

Edited by Shaorin

For me it'd be something that will never ever get made because

1) I seem to be the only person on earth who likes them

2) I seem to be one of the few people who remember them

The "inorganic" designs from Robotech: The Sentinels

They are so different and odd and unbalanced...they don't look like anything else. Ugly, ungainly, otherworldly...

I'd buy 'em up.

Oh yeah, useless without pictures:

post-659-0-64249500-1358803033_thumb.gif

(not the original design sketches but from the robotech rpg book, close enough. also, not to scale)

Edited by Phyrox

For me it'd be something that will never ever get made because

1) I seem to be the only person on earth who likes them

2) I seem to be one of the few people who remember them

The "inorganic" designs from Robotech: The Sentinels

They are so different and odd and unbalanced...they don't look like anything else. Ugly, ungainly, otherworldly...

I'd buy 'em up.

Actually I like them alot. Didnt Matchbox make a few