Max and Millia closer to a release?

Nightbat

Checking the HLJ-page on macross I noticed the 1/48 1j FP being backordered,

while the Non-FP 1j has a low quantity available

ofcourse I have no idea at what scales the other retailers here are selling their 1j's, maybe they can give some more insight

Now it could be that Yamato produced a bigger amount of Non-FP's,

but if sales of the FP 1j are sufficient I guess Yamato would easily give a Max and Millia green light

It'd be hard to believe it could be anything but Max and Milia, especially giving Yamatos' pattern with the 1/60. Also hard to believe but we're almost in the dark now regarding what's coming out next.

Edited by Uxi

Well, while they work on the paint (or plastic dye) scheme, I can easily see them releasing a 1S Max. . . or some other minor variant. But I do think a TV Max/Milia 1J are inevitable.

H

I'm sure Yamato released the 1j with and without to test the waters

if bundled valk/fp would sell

guess they'll have their answer by now

and indeed I'm sure we won't see M&M bundled together with the FP's

By that i meant:2 valks + 2 Fp-sets

nor will we see them before the end of year

if they do an inbetween release best bet is it'll be a CF

Edited by Nightbat®

Doubtful while Max -1As are still warming etailer shelves (HLJ never went out of stock and other places have him for $89).

Though I'm finding the thought of a trio/squad of all 1S Valkryies attractive (Roy, Hikaru, Max) for some reason. :)

Doubtful while Max -1As are still warming etailer shelves (HLJ never went out of stock and other places have him for $89).

Though I'm finding the thought of a trio/squad of all 1S Valkryies attractive (Roy, Hikaru, Max) for some reason. :)

Yeah, but you are talking about the DYRL Max 1A.

What we are alluding to are TV colors Max and Millia 1J's. I am sure we will see them before long.

I just want to see a Max TV VF-1A.. for just a little work repainting they'd create what alot of folks consider the ultimate VF-1A. After buying all those 1/60ths I can't justify buying DYRL 1A's just for a few different colored stripes.

BTW I'd kill for a few more sets of TV Hands. I hope they include those with all future releases.

They need to have VF-1A Max TV version. They just have to. I need to get like 12 of them so I can make Blue Squadron. :D 4-5 Max VF-1J FPs will be nice... very nice.

Oh I will feel the financial pain. Here's to hoping for a massive OT. Either that or I need to sell some stuff. And those 3 MPC Primes is gonna hurt... :blink:

They need to have VF-1A Max TV version. They just have to.  I need to get like 12 of them so I can make Blue Squadron.  :D 4-5 Max VF-1J FPs will be nice... very nice. 

Oh I will feel the financial pain.  Here's to hoping for a massive OT. Either that or I need to sell some stuff.  And those 3 MPC Primes is gonna hurt...  :blink:

Hey Godzilla, your real name wouldn't happen to be Richic Rich would it?

:p

Edited by >EXO<

Yeah, but you are talking about the DYRL Max 1A.

What we are alluding to are TV colors Max and Millia 1J's. I am sure we will see them before long.

No that was in reply to the Max VF-1S (DYRL of course). Max TV 1J is obviously gonna happen, as is Milia.

But I'm saying while Max DYRL -1A is warming shelves there won't be a DYRL -1S or a TV -1A.

Yeah, I considered that. But, for some reason, I think a scaled back release is probably still inevitable. . . and could be dropped in our lap at just about any time. It's the most basic head-swap type of release.

I'm gonna have to check and see how my bank account looks in a week or two, then I might be able to spare the cash for a 1J. The Hikaru 1J with FAST packs will be my final 1/48th VF-1 purchase, unless I wind up unloading my Bandai's...which I would seriously consider if the Max and Millia 1J 1/48ths came out.

After going over what I've spent on Macross 1/48's & armor, the Hikaru VF-1J will be my last 1/48 VF-1 no matter what. But like many, I think the Max and Millia 1/48 will come someday. I would have bought the Super Hikaru but I already own 4 fast packs. The slight color change in the armor wasn't enough for me to buy it and plus I'm not a big fan of the RMS-1 missiles Yamato made. I like the Hikaru VF-1J without the armor on. And no I wasn't going to make a Super Hikaru VF-1S either.

Edited by dejr8bud

I'd still like a Low-Viz 1J... but seeing that bare unpainted Yamato in another thread makes me really want one of THEM. Give us a choice of heads (if not all 3) and leave it unpainted, leaving it ripe for customization. Package in a plain cardboard box and price it around 10,000 Yen MSRP and I'd buy a couple! Along with some sets of Takatoys stickers. :)

I'd much rather see that than a self-warming Max -1S, Kakizaki -1A, etc. And it would be something to show that Yamato is interesting in pleasing the customizers, too. It'd be great fan support with little risk for them (they dont' have to tool for special releases or make distinctive packaging)... just a matter of having the Chinese slav- ahem... labor pump out a few more parts. B))

I've never been real crazy about those matching fruit flavored 1Js. I'd rather see a DYRL Kakizaki. :ph34r:

I'd snatch up a DYRL? Kakizaki before even the Hikaru 1J, just to complete my DYRL? Skull Squadron!

They need to have VF-1A Max TV version. They just have to.  I need to get like 12 of them so I can make Blue Squadron.   :D 4-5 Max VF-1J FPs will be nice... very nice. 

Oh I will feel the financial pain.  Here's to hoping for a massive OT. Either that or I need to sell some stuff.   And those 3 MPC Primes is gonna hurt...  :blink:

Hey Godzilla, your real name wouldn't happen to be Richic Rich would it?

:p

Yeah, I know I should. Funny thing is that I started collecting toys back in 1999. I went to the 80 Gijoes. Last year was I started on the MPCs, Takara Transformer reissues, and 1/60 Yammies. Then this year (last 3 months to be precise, about the time I joined here), it has exploded. That was why I sold all of my extra Rowbowtech MPCs and 2 of my extra DRYL 1/60. And now I am building 2 more computers to my 11 I already have. :blink:

I was saving alot of money all the way until last year. Now I am just "investing" in my toys. Sheesh. :D