Gbp urban camo 1:48 yellowing plastic

rick dieck

this is pretty much the bane of the cheap modern day chinese plastics

that most every toy/collectible/etc. have been made with, all throughout the last 15 years or so, give or take... :(:unsure::angry:

Edited by Shaorin

Yes loop i had the gbp in display case in front Of a Window but not with a lot of sun but i really think it Was the sun because only on the window side Of gbp Andes you know that, i just checked one Of my shins vf0 too i am sad

But i think 1:48 are fine i have my los vis very near that window since 6 or 7 years ahí and Looks like a new one or even the 1:48 vf1 s

But i think 1:48 are fine i have my los vis very near that window since 6 or 7 years ahí and Looks like a new one or even the 1:48 vf1 s

In high school my buddy dated a girl whose parents lived in this giant home that at one time had a walk in freezer but they had converted it to a theater. My dream would be to own a house like that some day and have the sides of my theater be display cases full of sweet toy goodness. Unfortunately, that'd probably suck because the bass would make the glass rattle. I might have to rethink this.

In the meantime: Sun = slow plastic death. When I had Detolfs once upon a time I used posterboard to block off all angles except the forward angle where no sunlight could come in.

Thanks guys but im still wondering how other toys in the same angle Of sunlight like 1:48 s are pretty fine

Thanks guys but im still wondering how other toys in the same angle Of sunlight like 1:48 s are pretty fine

ECHO!! ECHO!! ECHO!! ECHO!!

I have often wondered about temperature variation and it's long term effects.

While I'm at work my house can reach about 33 degrees Celsius indoors, (rare but it does happen). I then get home and crank up my aircon and the house drops to a much more reasonable 22 degrees. Over summer that can happen 4 or 5 times a week. I'm sure other people expierence even greater degrees of temperature variation, then there's humidity....

Luckily I have a well sealed cabinet and after 4 years of constant display I haven't had any problems ( knocks on wood).

the tail fins on my long gone 1/60v.I VF-1A Hikaru DYRL began yellowing perhaps a year or two after purchase in 2001ish.

by the time i sold off both my 1/48s a couple years back, they were beginning to show overall yellowing signs, too.

i stand by my theory on sub-standard, poor chemical composition, chinese-made plastics...

Edited by Shaorin