v2 1/72nd scale Monstar.

mslz22

The kitspower semi recast one on ebay seems to go for like $550-$600 ish + overseas shipping.

I see it for $370 on one recast site, but it's not available to buy yet.

I'd trust yours over a recast any day, anyway. Problem is, I have absolutely no room to put one of these.

Here's the WF 2002-2003 version, As you can see it is a bit larger:

http://patemorisoba.fc2web.com/event/wf2001s/monsuta/index.html

http://patemorisoba.fc2web.com/event/wf2003s/d_mon.html

1/144 & 1/160 monster:

http://seesaawiki.jp/harmony-gold_japan/d/%A5%C7%A5%B9%A5%C8%A5%ED%A5%A4%A5%C9%A1%A6%A5%E2%A5%F3%A5%B9%A5%BF%A1%BC

It's not clear if Wave will make their 1/100 version.

Edited by Major Tom

Do you happen to have a pic of the recast on the site, not a link i guess that would be bad, but a pic? I know the one on ebay is like $550 and it appears to be a rework of that old WF kit from like 2001ish.

thanks

mike

Major Tom posted the one I saw.

$150.00 + shipping by each installment looks just perfect to me, it's the price that allow a lot of us to program the payments and still keep all the bills in day. :) But as an artist you have the right - no, the obrigation - to receive a fair payment, Mike, so don't be shame having a profite with your works, you deserve that, absolutlly !

Hey guys, my 3d guy is supposed to be making the final adjustments to the big leg wheel thingy tonight, it's a little behind, so i am too, but hopefully soon.

A couple of weeks delay is fine actually, it's no where near normal temps here, record cold in fact. It's really bumming me out.

More to come.

thanks

mike

• 2 weeks later...

Took a little bit more time than expected due to a delay at our usual 3D place, but the big wheel thing, the small foot wheel thingy, and a barrel insert detail for the big top cannons is all off for printing now. Once I get those in about a week and a half -2 weeks i should be ready to mold the leg installment.

thanks

mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got a little sidelined with other stuff, as usual. But i also ran into a creative crisis with the detailing of the foot. I made an attempt to panel line the main foot, the biggest round part, and i was just not happy with the panel lines, it became almost gaudy, it's a case where less maybe more. I am re detailing it will a bit less and expect to be happier with those results The round, armorish nature of the part just does not lend itself to the panel lines, i will more likely go with light rivet detailing. The panel lines will be more reserved for the arms and body.

mike

Made some good strides yesterday, hope to do the first molds on the legs/feet next week.

I need to mold some of the foot parts, cast a copy, modify to transition it from right foot to the left foot, then mold for the left foot. That will take a little bit of work for sure. Luckily i don't need to do that for the arms so that will be the only time i need to do it.

thanks

mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Putting the final details on the legs, stealing a bit of stylistic influence from John with the rivet type detailing, but figure this is going to be a companion kit to some of the other destoidios out there that he did.

I tried some smaller rivets first and it did not work well, these rivets are about the same size he did not the glaug, and this is way bigger than the glaug so i figured it would work stylistically.

Just a few odds and ends to finish on this leg installment, then ready to mold.

mike

002_zpsc3dce7c6.jpg

oh My, oh mY !!!!!! Now i'm convict, i'll need a new house, with a bigger room !!!

Amazing job Mike, awesome ! Can we star talking about orders, payments, cost, everything else ?

Actually i think it's better put a post in model kits forum too, just like John does, it's a Macross model, isn't ? Don't know how many others guys wish this big baby, but you know, propaganda it's the soul of the bussines...

And about the release schedule, number of installments, etc... So many to do, so little time !

And i'm in for one, of course ! :lol: Cherrs !