Non-scale Meltrandi ship

Jefuemon

Browsing through Yahoo Japan auctions, and I came across a Meltrandi ship, put out by a company called "Flat Factory". Looks like it was available for sale at the recent Treasure Festa.

Pictures to be found here.

Here's the auction, for the next 2 days at least.

That is RAD! Am I crazy or is this only $13? I cant read any of that stuff. Can a USA person like me bid on a Yahoo Japan auction?

No. you're not crazy. That's about the bidding price now.

If you want to bid, contact either Celga or Rinkya. I myself have personally used Celga when I used to live in America. Only lost out on one auction (sniped in literally the last minute). I've heard others here who like Rinkya.

if i do decide to build it myself, then yes, why not.

TBH, i was initially thinking of commissioning someone to build it, partly because i want it lighted. anyone got pics of this ship showing where the lights are? i recall it was daylight when it was shown in DYRL.

found their website btw (http://mrdtop.web.fc2.com/news_f.html) and pleasantly surprised the model is bigger (31cm) than i thought. they also have a bunch of other cool models, including a VA-1SS Siren. now if only there was a direct way to buy them...

if i do decide to build it myself, then yes, why not.

TBH, i was initially thinking of commissioning someone to build it, partly because i want it lighted. anyone got pics of this ship showing where the lights are? i recall it was daylight when it was shown in DYRL.

found their website btw (http://mrdtop.web.fc2.com/news_f.html) and pleasantly surprised the model is bigger (31cm) than i thought. they also have a bunch of other cool models, including a VA-1SS Siren. now if only there was a direct way to buy them...

Nice job finding their site. While not Macross, they also have that awesome multi-legged tank from Sound of the Sky I'd like and a couple of Yamato items....

they also have a bunch of other cool models, including a VA-1SS Siren.

Oh, they're the ones who did the Metal Siren, too? I still see that floating around Y!A.

i want the multi-legged tank too. seems to be called "Takemikazuchi" according to google translate. can't seem to track it down though since apparently a number of other anime robots/ships also have that name.

if this is the Yamato ship you're interested in, here's the auction link: http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g122307475

preup01.JPG

this is the ship i want, but don't know the name. seems to be from gundam though:

rinup02.JPG

That's cool! It must be from season three. My son and I just finished watching season two - the ending sucked! I was like - "what, that's it after all they went through!" - MT

Nice find! and congrats on the win. Do you know how big it is when fully assembled? And as far as lighting I don't know how one would go about lighting a resin kit if the pieces are solid ( as they appear to be). The engines may be doable, but windows, bridge etc. well if that's what you want to light good luck with that.

Edited by Chas

thanks. it's supposed to be about 31cm (12").

just got note from the proxy service that it is enroute to their warehouse. will probably wait another couple of weeks before i ask them to forward to me, just in case some other interesting stuff show up on YAJ.

resin pieces are indeed likely to be solid unless they were designed from the get-go to be light-able (eg. scale solutions super star destroyer, trifon nebuchadnezzar). so either one carves out the inside, or recasts the pieces to be hollow. which is why i'm looking to commission since i don't have the equipment for casting.

• 1 month later...