Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I really like the color pigments that they've used here, that particular red against the black looks really vibrant and crisp. Nice looking valk...even if it has no fast packs.

In the game it was only ever operated within the atmosphere anyway so there wouldn't have been any need to develop fast packs for it.

In the game it was only ever operated within the atmosphere anyway so there wouldn't have been any need to develop fast packs for it.

True dat.

Still, I'd love to see Kawamori's designs for FPs. I'm sure he's got scribblings scattered somewhere, much like he did for the VF-4 FP concept.

True dat.

Still, I'd love to see Kawamori's designs for FPs. I'm sure he's got scribblings scattered somewhere, much like he did for the VF-4 FP concept.

Possibly. They'd likely be very small, like the YF-19 or 21, considering it doesn't really need any additional ordinance with that giant missile box it has. If I had to wager anything there would likely be something attached to the rear of the legs and possibly another wing mounted booster, a la the SV-51, since they have very similar configurations despite aping the VF-25 in many ways.

Edited by Mommar

I don't really like the paint scheme, there is supposedly a grey band in front of the red one. This one is painted black instead. But I love the numerous "No Step" warnings if they come pre-applied just like the previous Bandai releases.

I'am not sure which line is more accurate to the line art. See picture attached. I would say there is two way to describe the fuselage: Straight/Straight/Round or Straight/Round.

I was fan of the Straight / Straight / Round design and it appears that the prototype is more like Straight/Round

post-15880-0-53001800-1395844700_thumb.jpg

I actually really hate all of the no step tampo Bandai does. It stands out way too much. The no step markings are generally very subtle on aircraft and I feel like the decals we get on the Yamcadia's are more subtle and look better.

I actually really hate all of the no step tampo Bandai does. It stands out way too much. The no step markings are generally very subtle on aircraft and I feel like the decals we get on the Yamcadia's are more subtle and look better.

At least this one doesn't have YF-30 markings all over ! (VF-171EX)

At least this one doesn't have YF-30 markings all over ! (VF-171EX)

True. I just don't like how many times they're repeated, how big they are, how close they are together, the pattern used and how bright they are. It takes a detail that should be subtle and makes it garish.

Yes, I wished they included waterslide decals for those of us who want it. However I do like that they do Tampo all the other markings, the NO STEPS are a little garish though especially since they're in a serif font - WTF?

The listing of topics for the podcast underneath states the topic is at thirty nine minutes however it's realistically more like around forty seven or forty eight minutes. And there isn't much there. The run-down is, everything on it looked like a finished production except for the portion that holds the missile box, which was still resin. No release was given. That's it.

「魂ネイションズ AKIBAショールーム」開店しました!本日より「DX超合金マクロスシリーズ特集展示」スタート!! http://twme.jp/tns/010r #t_nations #t_chogokin #macrossf http://twitpic.com/e08jn9

Tamashii Nations just tweeted a new picture!

dAmB2nV.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

i still want to see this stand on it's own in battroid.

the ozma looks so dark in the lighting but looking at the reflection on the ground it looks like a much lighter grey.

Yeah, the white on the bottom of the YF-29 Ozma was the first thing I noticed before even looking at the 30.

Pics, pics and pics are cool for Bandai to put out but I'm curious about price and release date.

-b.

Yeah, the white on the bottom of the YF-29 Ozma was the first thing I noticed before even looking at the 30.

Pics, pics and pics are cool for Bandai to put out but I'm curious about price and release date.

-b.

recycling old parts? Do the YF-29's share the same parts (legs) with the VF-25?

Give me a release date!!!

I think Bandai give us release date after Ozmaz's YF-29 release. And I still don't know take Ozmaz YF-29 or wait then YF-30 come to us. YF-29 is just VF-25 with smaller then regular tornado pack pre-installed. YF-30 - new mold with not-the-same transformation. I don't know which one is better...

Edited by Hey-Pi-Ron

I like the 30's wings much better then the 29's, plus the integrated missile pack is very nifty. So that's my decision sorted.

As for the 30 being a new design and mold - well, perhaps, but the fighter's nose all the way down to the wing roots looks exactly like a 25's, with some added details and fold quartz crystals.

Give as a release date already. Including information abound web exclusive weapon packs so we can switch out the missile pod against something more reminiscent of a BFG and conformal missiles for the hard points the toy has.