Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Love the head design! Does it mention a release date in there?

Agreed. Nice and tidy. None of that bloody "La Forge" visor, gaping holes or third eye nonsense designs Kawamori was pulling on us.

Clean, simple and functional, that's what Battroid designs should always be.

Very good point! There've been renewals for so many valks. It might indeed be better to wait for the renewal. Else I'll have to sell the flawed first edition at a loss.

There's only been 1 renewal by Bandai, the ones for the VF-25s/RVF-25. The VF-27 does not count; that was a rework of the old toy, not a back-to-the-drawing-board, newly engineered, 100% new toy. Although, there is always the chance that subsequent releases of the YF-30 (recolors), could include tweaks/fixes just like the Super Parts for the VF-25G which has tabs not present on, or modified from, those released for the VF-25F and S.

Regardless, if the YF-30 is indeed a Tamashii exclusive, I'll be preordering as soon as it goes up on N-Y; otherwise I'll wait for release, but in either case I'm getting one of these.

Edited by mechaninac

This is probably the best DX Bandai Design in my opinion!!

I told myself i would hold off on any pre-orders for the rest of the year but , I think this calls for exception if it becomes available before the year ends.....

:)

Sorry, wasn't me. Tochiro was the one that posted the correction (Thank you Tochiro!). I was a little slow trying to translate so he put it up first. Hopefully it's a late Summer release. Maybe April will be the pre-order time. I was worried about my funds for a second for April.

Edited by wmkjr

I have to admit that I love the Arcadia YF19, but it's too expensive...

If Bandai releases the Chronos at 200 usd, it becomes an insta-buy.

It is a really amazing design. And the wings hanging there, well, I like it and it makes sense too. And at least Kawamori get rid of the god-damn shield thing....

Watch the video of the Lego YF30 from the Macross 30th game. It's quite amazing. I didn't unlock the VF yet, but I'm on it...

• 2 weeks later...

I missed out on the YF-29 in all forms, not missing this one, waiting for that preorder!

You can still find YF-29's on the secondary market if you really want them. Got a YF-29 30th for $180 a few months ago. Might pick up 2 of these though.

You can still find YF-29's on the secondary market if you really want them. Got a YF-29 30th for $180 a few months ago. Might pick up 2 of these though.

If I can find one around that price, I might consider it. Can anyone recommend a good proxy bid site for yahoo Japan auction, rakuten, etc? Pm me please so we can keep this thread on topic.

Edited by Smiley424