Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Most things about the Frontier mecha don't make any sense, specially all those weird beam weapons in the armor/FP for the 25 since you had to use a knife to kill the vajra.

I dislike how in a combat POV battroid looks extremely fragile and vulnerable, I mean, the cockpit is fully exposed on the sides and back.

so those missle pods only hold 1 missle each? man I though they held 1 container of micro missles each.

anyway im totally cool with the design. when we have transforming jets and fast /armored packs that work in atmospheric environment, I think we can allow a little suspension of disbelief. that said it's a damn shame the wings just hang out like that (as with the whole 25-29 series), but it really sticks out here. depending on the price I would probably aim for 2.

so those missle pods only hold 1 missle each? man I though they held 1 container of micro missles each.

anyway im totally cool with the design. when we have transforming jets and fast /armored packs that work in atmospheric environment, I think we can allow a little suspension of disbelief. that said it's a damn shame the wings just hang out like that (as with the whole 25-29 series), but it really sticks out here. depending on the price I would probably aim for 2.

Eighteen missiles all in all which isn't that much... I think that there is room for four to six more in the middle of the pod.

Any Japanese speakers? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suCsM0t3jYE watch @ 2:00-2:29 mark and see what he says about the cannon. Was he saying something about pivoting the system front to back for the beam cannon or was he joking around?

From what I can hear, he says that as a weapons container, the type of weapon can be changed. A beam cannon can be equipped or a missile pod can be equipped. He wanted to create a very flexible/customizable system.

Edited by Actar

Looks good, but dat tiny vert stab connection.

Very sexy fighter mode. And that v stab looks fragile.

Come on guys, we've known about that sine we first saw this thing in posted in game pictures and when the first prototype was shown as well. It will be fine, I'm sure. :lol:

But what really gets to me, is the fact that once again Bandai shows that they're capable of tampo printing EVERY GODDAMNED THING, EVEN "NO STEPS", but Arcadia...? Well, we get not only NO progress in that area with the VF-1's, but we now GET ONE LESS marking. :rolleyes::angry:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...THERE'S NO EXCUSE NOT TO TAMPO PRINT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

/End of Rant

-Kyp

From what I can hear, he says that as a weapons container, the type of weapon can be changed. A beam cannon can be equipped or a missile pod can be equipped. He wanted to create a very flexible/customizable system.

Thank you for the translation. For a minute I thought he meant one way for missiles, the other for beam cannon. lol.

Come on guys, we've known about that sine we first saw this thing in posted in game pictures and when the first prototype was shown as well. It will be fine, I'm sure. :lol:

But what really gets to me, is the fact that once again Bandai shows that they're capable of tampo printing EVERY GODDAMNED THING, EVEN "NO STEPS", but Arcadia...? Well, we get not only NO progress in that area with the VF-1's, but we now GET ONE LESS marking. :rolleyes::angry:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...THERE'S NO EXCUSE NOT TO TAMPO PRINT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

/End of Rant

-Kyp

Well, this is fairly OT but I want to say I've got the Arcadia VF-1J 30th Anniversario and it has a huge amount of high quality tampo printing + decals + stickers. I think Arcadia DO know how to do it, so I can't imagine either why they wouldn't in the future.

Based on the images, not quite. The cockpit and nose of the fighter protrude from the rear in Battroid and block the area the Missile Block normally occupies in Gerwalk and Fighter mode.

I'm afraid you're right.

The official specs don't seem to indicate how many missiles the container weapon system holds. I would imagine, if for nothing else but the sake of a glorious Itano Circus, that they would stuff as many Budweiser missiles in there as possible. In the game the Chronos can pump out an insane amount of missiles for its Special Attack.

Here's the write-up I did on the specs with thanks to SebastianP and ivory sniper. Based on Mr. March's format.

Equipment Type: variable fighter
Government: Strategic Military Services (SMS)
Manufacturer: Shinsei Industry/SMS Ouroboros Branch/L.A.I.
Introduction: 2060
Operational Deployment: 2060
Accommodation: pilot plus passenger
Dimensions:
Battroid Mode: (?)
Fighter Mode: wingspan 15.65; height 4.02 meters; length 18.84 meters.
GERWALK Mode: unknown.
Mass: empty 8.10 metric tons.
Structure: assumed space metal frame, SWAG energy converting armor
Power Plant: two Shinsei Industry/ P&W/ RR FF-3001-FC2 Stage II thermonuclear reaction turbine engines.
Propulsion: 2 x 2,110 kN (maximum thrust in space); many x P&W HMM-9 High maneuverability thrusters
Thrust-to-weight ratio: ~53.12
Performance:
Fighter Mode: at 10,000 m Mach 5.3+, maximum speed due to heat-resistance limit of the fuselage.
Maximum Airframe Design Load: (?)
Design Features: 3-mode variable transformation; delta wing; boundary layer control (BLC); capable of attaining unassisted orbital velocity over an Earth-class planet; ISC (Inertia Store Converter): Shinsei Industry Macross Frontier Arsenal / LAI Company self-development specification ISC/TO22; Fold Dimensional Resonance System; active stealth system antennae; chaff/flare/smoke discharger system; thrust reverser equipped with three-dimensional maneuvering nozzles; cockpit designed for EX-Gear equipped pilot; integrated radar (mounted in nose); linear actuators (provide faster electromagnetic transformation without contact between moving parts).
- Armament -
Guns:
2 x fixed Mauler RÖV-127 coaxial 12.7mm beam guns (mounted center dorsal section in Fighter/GERWALK mode, becomes head turret in Battroid mode)
1 x Howard/LAI HPB-01A Heavy Quantum Beam gun pod (mounted ventral fuselage in Fighter mode, in arm manipulator for GERWALK/Battroid modes)
1 x Ka-Bar OTEC AK/VF-M9 Assault Knife, 1.65m, super strong material reinforced by pin-point barrier system (mounted under left arm block)
1 x pin-point barrier system
Bombs & Missiles:
At least x2 Bifors micro-missile launchers (mounted in engine nacelles/legs; animation for this can be seen in-game)
Container Weapon System x1 (micro-missile configuration)
Optional Armament:
CWS beam cannon x1 (not seen in-game, mentioned)

So I wonder if they have designed the pod to be detachable and plan to include a beam cannon pod or something with it or have a separate weapon set that would have one. Although I'm not sure what other options they could include with it. It doesn't seem like there are any underwing hard points. I guess the most likely scenario is that they will just make that missile pod permanently attached and not have other loadouts available.