Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Didn't notice that since I've never played the game, but I swapped the hands out for spare fixed pose ones from my Alto the first day I got mine. the white hands looks so much better (and hold stuff better too for some reason).

That's a really good idea with the hands. Thanks for sharing, its an obvious idea, but an idea that I never would have thought of.

True. The white hands looks better IMHO. ^_^

th_P1140252_zps44cc96f1.jpg

What do you guys think the odds are that they would release repaints of this in other colors? I haven't played Macross 30 so I don't know if those other colored versions are attached to any characters or not. If not, I think chances of repaints are very slim.

I've finished the game and I didn't see any characters used a recolored YF-30 afterwards. Only Leon. I assumed the recolor is just an added feature for the valk after you finished the game and play the new plus option. But it's really cool to see an actual purple one. ^_^

do many folks have their 30 in gerwalk?

I'm loving the Gerwalk. :wub: But I'm not using the pelvic joint feature. I'm happy with the more traditional look. ^_^

P1140231_zps38e24bdb.jpg

I think you need to fiddle and readjust again. Mine aligns properly after transforming back many times. I encountered that problem before too. Im not exactly sure whats the problem, but just note that the neck bends to the front and the neck plate can sink quite low.

I think you need to fiddle and readjust again. Mine aligns properly after transforming back many times. I encountered that problem before too. Im not exactly sure whats the problem, but just note that the neck bends to the front and the neck plate can sink quite low.

+1

Same problem on mine but I got it to sit properly after fiddling with it like close313 mentioned.

The head lasers are not sunken in deep enough. That is the reason the head did not go in.

Hi folks this might have been mentioned many times but is this normal?

Ut0x53r.jpg

It's brand new, and wondering if it has been wrongly transformed? The hump behind the cockpit seems a bit pronounced as well.

True. The white hands looks better IMHO. ^_^
th_P1140252_zps44cc96f1.jpg

I've finished the game and I didn't see any characters used a recolored YF-30 afterwards. Only Leon. I assumed the recolor is just an added feature for the valk after you finished the game and play the new plus option. But it's really cool to see an actual purple one. ^_^

I'm loving the Gerwalk. :wub: But I'm not using the pelvic joint feature. I'm happy with the more traditional look. ^_^

P1140231_zps38e24bdb.jpg

Ooh, I really like how you've got the YF-30 posed here. That's interesting how you have the wings bent SV-51 style; does the in-game YF-30 actually have the same "flapping" wings as the SV-51?

Edited by Keiichi

P1140231_zps38e24bdb.jpg

Great photo mate! The 30 looks great in Gerwalk! might have to find a 3rd one so I can display one in each mode! I love how the wings crop up like that! like its ready to strike at its next unsuspecting prey! B))

Ooh, I really like how you've got the YF-30 posed here. That's interesting how you have the wings bent SV-51 style; does the in-game YF-30 actually have the same "flapping" wings as the SV-51?

Thanks Keiichi. I like it too. That's how I like my YF-30. ;) And no, this 'flapping' wings is not featured in the game. Only from display as what close313 said.

Great photo mate! The 30 looks great in Gerwalk! might have to find a 3rd one so I can display one in each mode! I love how the wings crop up like that! like its ready to strike at its next unsuspecting prey! B))

Thanks spanner76. I like the YF-30 in Gerwalk mode. Though I'm not using the rotating pelvic joint for 2 reasons. One, I like the more traditional/default look. And B, I don't want to use the brackets. Hehehe. :lol: And go get another one so you'll have all modes in display. ^_^

Thanks spanner76. I like the YF-30 in Gerwalk mode. Though I'm not using the rotating pelvic joint for 2 reasons. One, I like the more traditional/default look. And B, I don't want to use the brackets. Hehehe. :lol: And go get another one so you'll have all modes in display. ^_^

Haha! Yeah I think I will get a 3rd one! Just gotta find the cash first..

I wouldn't use the brackets either.. they look ugly and make the Valk look like it wasn't properly engineered to support itself in either mode..

It was actually displayed in the akiba showroom with the wings folded like that, I guess that's where everyone got it from.

Thanks Keiichi. I like it too. That's how I like my YF-30. ;) And no, this 'flapping' wings is not featured in the game. Only from display as what close313 said.

Ahh, I see. Definitely a pose I'm going to copy once mine arrives :).

Haha! Yeah I think I will get a 3rd one! Just gotta find the cash first..

I wouldn't use the brackets either.. they look ugly and make the Valk look like it wasn't properly engineered to support itself in either mode..

It's so funny, I want another copy as well. It's like you almost can't have enough of a cool Valkyrie.

And no comment about the engineering (or potentially lack thereof) on the part of Bandai... :ph34r:

-b.

I know eh! Although I wasn't so impressed with the 30 initially but its grown on me to become a very cool Valkyrie indeed!

Same here! Although I'm still not entirely sold on Fighter mode I really, really like it in Battroid mode. Plus the matte finish is amazing.

-b.

It's so funny, I want another copy as well. It's like you almost can't have enough of a cool Valkyrie.

And no comment about the engineering (or potentially lack thereof) on the part of Bandai... :ph34r:

-b.

*whisper* get another 30.... :D

I know eh! Although I wasn't so impressed with the 30 initially but its grown on me to become a very cool Valkyrie indeed!

Same here, when I saw the initial pics of the toy, I thought it was alright. As more photos released the it grew on me and when I had the 30 in-hand thought it was cool.

Same here! Although I'm still not entirely sold on Fighter mode I really, really like it in Battroid mode. Plus the matte finish is amazing.

-b.

As much as im really liking it now, I must agree about fighter mode, originally it did seem a little on the simple side of things design wise and I wasn't so sure about the more conventional looking nose and the much larger rounded canopy.

The 30 definitely isn't as sleek and fast looking as a 25, 29 or 27 for that matter! But its still good in terms of a new design direction and has many positive visual elements of its own. For example the delta wing layout and the matte finish is very nice just to name a few..

*whisper* get another 30.... :D

Same here, when I saw the initial pics of the toy, I thought it was alright. As more photos released the it grew on me and when I had the 30 in-hand thought it was cool.

For me it was more the other way around.. I thought the pre-release pictures of the 30 did it more justice then the impression it gave me when I got my first hands on. I guess I had too high expectations and truly felt disappointed when I finally got it.

But the more I looked at it on display and when I got my second 30 from my father and put it in Battroid is when I started to really appreciate it and felt I finally started to understand the design. Now I couldn't imagine not having them in my collection AND yes I think I will get a 3rd so I can have them all displayed each in a different mode!

Im excited for the future of Valkyrie design and look forward to firstly alternate 30 variants & repaints depending which we get blessed with and secondly beyond the 30 with the next generation of Valkyrie!

Edited by spanner76

^Yep, it's the more rounded canopy that kills fighter mode for me on the YF-30. It's a shame I can't get over what really should be a "small" issue, but I can't. :(

I know a few people like it but if the 30's Fighter mode had a more sleek look like the 25 and 29 I'd probably have 5 of them in my collection.

-b.

Finally got my '30 from HLJ! post-664-0-71883900-1412989146.gif

Quick first impressions:

• Off White + Satiny finish = best finish Bandai has produced on a Frontier, etc. VF so far... it's beautiful.
  • Vertical stabs really come across as a case of meh!-good-enough design... shame on you, Kawamori San.
  • Pilot rattles around inside the canopy like a BB in a boxcar.
  • Everything seems nice and tight.
  • Paint and Tampo applications look spot-on perfect.

Definitely my favorite right now, until perhaps when the VF-0D comes out. Really like the valk mode, I have not transformed it yet. I may have to get another to display in valk and battroid. Yes the pilot is like a BB in the cockpit.

I cannot believe that I'm about to say this, but this Valkyrie is AMAZING. I was completely on the fence when I saw the first photos because of the back kibble in battroid mode, but once you have it in hand, the transformation for this thing is nothing short of brilliant. Kawamori-sama has proven his genius once again. I haven't been so enamored with a Valkyrie since I first saw the YF-19 way back in 1994. Although I do wish that the tailfins could telescope up into the main wing body, I am still crazy about this Valkyrie. I can't wait to see if FAST packs are coming for it.