Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

He designed both the VF-17 and VF-19 in Lego as well. Probably the Fz-109 too.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

That said, on closer examination, the wings of the VF-17 and VF-19 are definitely not Lego (black construction paper?).

So, I'll revise my originally comment: "the limitations of designs made COMPLETELY out of Lego." :p

I'm going to be patient and wait for version 2.0 to come out. It seems like Bandai has a consistent history of rushing their first batch (ie. Frontier series) then realizing all the improvements they should have made by releasing 2.0. Anybody else feel this way?

I'm not sure its a safe bet that there will be a 2.0. This is by far the most obscure valk in Bandai's lineup. It's not something thats been used in a series or movie and is from a game that less than 100,000 ppl bought. You could say its a hero unit but its a hero most people have never heard of before. Either this will be released in very limited numbers or else it will end up as a discounted shelf warmer. I'm thinking of grabbing 2 (and I NEVER get 2) just because its such an obscure valk to make.

Is the November 1 date when the prototype pictures are revealed or is it when the preorders go active?

Nov. 1 is when more details will be revealed.

I hope it's tamashii exclusive cos ironically the limited run is easier to procure and won't have a price hike before launch...no more camping AmiAmi and NY...hope Bandai don't screw this up.

On another note, I was talking to a guy who said he got VF-0D vibes from the design. I'm inclined to agree...and it has the proportions, or at least feels like it has, of the VF-4G.

Still...love delta wing designs...maybe they'll force Arcadia to do a VF-0D!

Sorry, no alternate colors. But here are some scans I found on the web.

post-7577-0-81774600-1382746301_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-59371900-1382746357_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-42853400-1382746375_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-90821700-1382746882_thumb.jpg

I think the gunpod should attach at two points. One in the Missile pod container and one by the waist joint (via clip?) See ugly reference above. My reasoning is using only the missile pod connection you wouldn't but able to use the gunpod if you wanted to use the container, Unless they decide to sacrifice that gimmick.

BTW, this plane reminds me of Ace Combat's Fenrir and XFA-36a mixed together.

Fenrirpost-7577-0-35499600-1382748188_thumb.png XFA-36apost-7577-0-71768900-1382748241_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Sorry, no alternate colors. But here are some scans I found on the web.

attachicon.gifYF-30 Dorsal.jpgattachicon.gifYF-30 Ventral.jpgattachicon.gifYF-30 side.jpgattachicon.gifYF-30 gunpod.jpg

I think the gunpod should attach at two points. One in the Missile pod container and one by the waist joint (via clip?) See ugly reference above. My reasoning is using only the missile pod connection you wouldn't but able to use the gunpod if you wanted to use the container, Unless they decide to sacrifice that gimmick.

BTW, this plane reminds me of Ace Combat's Fenrir and XFA-36a mixed together.

Fenrirattachicon.gifACE-X_Fenrir_Color_4.png XFA-36aattachicon.gifXFA-36aGamemodel02-1.jpg

I was always inclined more toward the CFA-44 from 6. But I can see the design cues from the Fenrir. I guess I was looking more toward the back end.

CFA-44.jpg

Edited by XFJ-01A

Guest davidwhangchoi

Bandai will announce the details for the YF-30 Chronos at Tamashii Nations on November 1st. http://www.macrossworld.com/

I just wanted to mention it if anyone has missed the info on the front page.

that's not necessary to re-post back at the source

the front page is like a newspaper taking the most important articles and pushing them to the front. if you read carefully, the front page credits the source(s) which is from this thread (original posters from this thread broke the news.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

that's not necessary to re-post back at the source

the front page is like a newspaper taking the most important articles and pushing them to the front. if you read carefully, the front page credits the source(s) which is from this thread (original posters from this thread broke the news.)

Ah, my bad. :mellow:

It's only 4:40 am right now, give them time to wake up lol!

It's 8 am on a work day. Plus people are recovering from Halloween last night. Not to mention the show hasnt even opened its doors yet. Give a Salaryman a break mate!

Actually, a LOT of news gets broken first on the Front page and THEN makes its way back to the forums (and some doesnt) so I recommend always checking the Front page first. (having said that, news HAS slowed down as of late). Edited by Tochiro

There were 2 YF-30s. Batoloid and Fighter. They have already painted.

Photography and recording are so STERNLY prohibited. I have never seen such a situation. There were some press people wearing pink vests and the Tamashii staffs were watching their movements one on one. lol

I set up my cameras but ended in vain.

But the pics will be uploaded somewhere. I could hear many Chinese conversations...

post-14942-0-47902600-1383277502_thumb.jpg