Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, madzmikes said:

Got mine for 40k JPY :o it's worth it tho

Based on your pic, I'm guessing you're a fellow Filipino collector. Where'd you get it? Did you get it locally or from online? I get almost all of my stuff from online stores as the local ones rarely stock Macross items anymore :(

7 hours ago, madzmikes said:

Got mine for 40k JPY :o it's worth it tho

40667110_504252489980279_7083811731460416580_n.jpg

41660990_321027181997985_1241765619025289363_n.jpg

awesome purchase, I love my Chronos.

just an FYI, be careful putting the gunpod into the fixed hand. it's very very tight, and I broke part of the gunpod handle when doing it.

Edited by apptt4

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

I want a re-pop of this mold in a different color scheme darn it!...  come on Bandai, get on it!

I still can’t find nderstand why they haven’t tried to milk this mold.  Though it could do for one or two changes to help it hold together like the 31.

Such a beautiful Valk!

Second only to the 19 in my opinion.

On 9/17/2018 at 9:53 PM, 20max20 said:

that's so beautiful...and so white! Mine already started yellowing :/ 

Thats a scary thought.

Mines still in sealed in the box, haven't even opened it. Stored in a cupboard and never seen the light of day. Too scared to open and see a yellow valk now :( 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Mommar said:

I still can’t find nderstand why they haven’t tried to milk this mold.  Though it could do for one or two changes to help it hold together like the 31.

There's several VERY neat schemes from the 30th Ann game, though I really wish Kawamori had simply "very slightly tweaked this design" to make the VF-31.  Imagine something halfway between the YF-30, and the VF-31A.   THAT would be an amazing valk. 

Just have the tailfins "slide up" in battroid mode, kind of fill in along the trailing edge of the wing, and it'd solve a lot of looks/fragility issues there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Just a heads up!

1 The piece that folds out under fin  to fix the shoulder snapped into two. Still works and attaches to the shoulder but compromised.

Also you can see some cracks in the plastic piece of the swivel of the shoulder unfolding articulation.

Those are supposed to be stress free joints so I guess its related to wear.

20181105_143051.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 7:46 AM, RealJayDee said:

Hey guys!

Just a heads up!

1 The piece that folds out under fin  to fix the shoulder snapped into two. Still works and attaches to the shoulder but compromised.

Also you can see some cracks in the plastic piece of the swivel of the shoulder unfolding articulation.

20181105_143051.jpg

that is a real shame but when I transformed mine I didn't even pull those silly things out and it still displayed perfectly fine!

Maybe you could superglue it back together and forget about it?

Well, if you want to replace it, it’s in stock at Nippon-Yasan for the low, low price of 41,000¥. 

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/7160-macross-30-dx-chogokin-yf-30-chronos.html

I don’t know how they got them. 

Edited by Sildani

On 11/5/2018 at 2:46 PM, RealJayDee said:

Hey guys!

Just a heads up!

Mine did the exact same thing.

I was originally interested in getting the Chronos as I do like the colour scheme, however just reading on the updated posts got me sidelined.

@rdrunner - You might want to check your copy soon as I know that you have a copy in valk mode and haven't done the transformation.

Manda does have the Chronos in stock -  Take your pick. I find this more palatable than the 31a (pricewise).    

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1025399946&ref=list&dispCount=240&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Heeeey!

Another heads up! I was looking at the pic with more detail and now I found the classic "hair looking" crack at the arm shoulder joint!!! :(

I was going to move on with the toy as it is and never locking the shoulder up for battroid, but with this crack at the arm joint its time to ask my pal super glue to do a very discrete but strong fix before we lose the arm of a now very expensive valk.

Screenshot_20181212-164127_Chrome.jpg

It has been mostly in fighter inside its box with very few transformations.

Id say it's more related to materials and design than mileage. Maybe kinda the same problem as the early yamato 1/60 v2 shoulder defects??

Its a very low stress joint that only goes up and down and one of the easiests bits to transform between modes. 

4 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

It has been mostly in fighter inside its box with very few transformations.

Id say it's more related to materials and design than mileage. Maybe kinda the same problem as the early yamato 1/60 v2 shoulder defects??

Its a very low stress joint that only goes up and down and one of the easiests bits to transform between modes. 

The culprit was the knurled pins on the upper shoulder joints.. I had the same problem with my Yammie v.2 valk and got the Sideways replacement parts, however I haven't done it yet.

17 hours ago, borgified said:

I was originally interested in getting the Chronos as I do like the colour scheme, however just reading on the updated posts got me sidelined.

@rdrunner - You might want to check your copy soon as I know that you have a copy in valk mode and haven't done the transformation.

Manda does have the Chronos in stock -  Take your pick. I find this more palatable than the 31a (pricewise).    

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1025399946&ref=list&dispCount=240&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Thanks @borgified, I actually checked mine straight away when I saw the pics above with the broken shoulder peg.  Thankfully not broken, but scary nonetheless.

I guess I'll have to check mine tonight. Is it a pin in there, or a screw? If it is a pin, if it can be removed, a slight sanding of the pin with an 800 grit sandpaper may fix it. If it is knurled pins, that will tell you right away what needs to be done. I only transformed mine once, and it has been in the box since then, so it should be good (fingers crossed).

7 hours ago, Jasonc said:

I guess I'll have to check mine tonight. Is it a pin in there, or a screw? If it is a pin, if it can be removed, a slight sanding of the pin with an 800 grit sandpaper may fix it. If it is knurled pins, that will tell you right away what needs to be done. I only transformed mine once, and it has been in the box since then, so it should be good (fingers crossed).

I believe that it's just a straight pin and can be removed with a proper pin removal tool. If it's a knurled pin, make sure that you remove it on the opposite end..