Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I have three of them and they have been on display since purchase (away from direct sunlight I might add) and none of them show any signs of yellowing in the slightest! :D

In fact none of my (nearly 30) DX Valkyrie's show any signs of discoloration! and that includes any of the ones that I purchased second hand and not knowing their entire display history.. B))

Good job Bandai! good job. ^_^

Edited by spanner

I have three of them and they have been on display since purchase (away from direct sunlight I might add) and none of them show any signs of yellowing in the slightest! :D

In fact none of my (nearly 30) DX Valkyrie's show any signs of discoloration! and that includes any of the ones that I purchased second hand and not knowing their entire display history.. B))

Good job Bandai! good job. ^_^

Same here no yellowing, only in 2 v1 VF-1 that i bought with the yellowing.

yeah but they're v1 and they don't count! and besides no one really likes to talk about those nasty things anyways! hehe! :p:lol:

Lol spanner. I have some love for the v1 Vf-1. In fighter they look good enough.

there we go from all the posts above. I would expect like wise for mine still in the box. :D

Still in the box, eh? Even if it came from HLJ and it's the last stock they have, it would be best to inspect it. You still have 8 days to go. ;)

In case you're wondering I said that, better check their policies. Just FYI.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

ins't that just crazy! 14k above the original price! and im sorry to say but I just don't see why the 30 deserves to be!? yeah its a good thing but so are most of if not all the other Valkyrie variants but why the heck do these things command sooo much money!? Even the 19Adv! yeah its good but it sure isn't 35k (on or about's and sometime more) good.. 

I'd more than happily pay 37k for a CF VF-1J and appreciate it for the rarity that it is but not for either of the aforementioned pair.. yeah I have 3x 30's.. sometimes not really sure why but im still glad I do. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, spanner said:

ins't that just crazy! 14k above the original price! and im sorry to say but I just don't see why the 30 deserves to be!? yeah its a good thing but so are most of if not all the other Valkyrie variants but why the heck do these things command sooo much money!? Even the 19Adv! yeah its good but it sure isn't 35k (on or about's and sometime more) good.. 

I'd more than happily pay 37k for a CF VF-1J and appreciate it for the rarity that it is but not for either of the aforementioned pair.. yeah I have 3x 30's.. sometimes not really sure why but im still glad I do. :rolleyes:

My friend. I'm sure you're just happy that you didn't pay Y37K for each of your Chronos. ^_^ 

I guess it's got demand now because of Macross Delta. Or probably it's one of those cases like VF-11C. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

My friend. I'm sure you're just happy that you didn't pay Y37K for each of your Chronos. ^_^ 

I guess it's got demand now because of Macross Delta. Or probably it's one of those cases like VF-11C. ;) 

ahh yes.. the VF-11C.. again that's one that defies logic to its asking price. I only got one cos it exists as truthfully its down the order in my list of favorite Valkyries.. 

I guess the fact they demand great money does make it a bit more special and yes I paid stupid money for mine and I am glad I did but yeah why oh why is it worth so much!?!?

mysteries of the universe material right there..

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

I don't think a CF VF-1J deserves anywhere near 37k, nor do any other existing Valkyrie toys. 

The infated prices they command on the aftermarket is just based on supply and demand, which don't really correlate with its quality or real value.

Quality or no quality. You gotta get one, right? ;) 

A CF VF-1J? Actually no, I don't :)

But if you have the obsessive need to collect each and every 1/60 valkyrie mold/color combination there is, then it's a given that people will spend almost anything just to complete their collection, even if that missing piece happened to be the most unpopular one while it was still widely available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, QEssential said:

Is the YF-30 a limited release hence the price now? Any chance of a re-issue?

it's a regular release.  But the source material is only 1 video game.

With the VF-31 already out, I doubt they will ever do a re-issue.

Not more or less limited than any other VF these days. As for a reissue, perhaps, but you're best off waiting for the VF-31A Kairos to be released - it's very similar - unless you love the 30's paint.