Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Considering how many times we've seen this exact same error, I think it's just that the people running the quality control don't know how to read English characters well enough to know there's anything wrong. It's not like the parts are even symmetrical, they just flat out put the markings on backwards.

I think the first time this was brought up was the leg armors of the tornado parts, and there's really no ambiguity at all which way those should face.

Edited by Chronocidal

Considering how many times we've seen this exact same error, I think it's just that the people running the quality control don't know how to read English characters well enough to know there's anything wrong. It's not like the parts are even symmetrical, they just flat out put the markings on backwards.

I think the first time this was brought up was the leg armors of the tornado parts, and there's really no ambiguity at all which way those should face.

I was just joking around, but I do remember the Tornado parts thing too.

Edited by Loop

• 5 weeks later...

I was watching a YF-30 go up on ebay this morning that was $400 just to see if it sold at that price. It sold at $400 the same night and I had the question,

Is the YF-30 worth that much or did the person have too much money and really wanted it? I know they are hard to come by but that is double the price it was released at.

I was watching a YF-30 go up on ebay this morning that was $400 just to see if it sold at that price. It sold at $400 the same night and I had the question,

Is the YF-30 worth that much or did the person have too much money and really wanted it? I know they are hard to come by but that is double the price it was released at.

Well, it is a one-of-a-kind production with no second runs or alternate schemes. If you like that design there's only one option these days. It's pretty good, for the most part, though it's not perfect transformation. Regardless, if you like and want that design and $400 is the cheapest you can find it then probably it's worth it to whoever bought it.

• 2 months later...

Okay... I am deeply regretting not getting this when it came out. Is it worth paying upwards of 40,000 yen to get it now? (-.-)

At that price range, it's more a question of if you really want it. Right now, the price mark of that one even in yahoo japan auction is around Y35000+.

Well, it is a one-of-a-kind production with no second runs or alternate schemes. If you like that design there's only one option these days. It's pretty good, for the most part, though it's not perfect transformation. Regardless, if you like and want that design and $400 is the cheapest you can find it then probably it's worth it to whoever bought it.

Once i saw that sillouhette i had to get it. I had no knowledge it appeared in the game, but once i knew it was canon that sealed the deal even more.

My 30 comes with a history to me as it was delivered wrongly to someone else who opened it. Luckily the courier got it back to me the next day. Dont think compensation would cover the cost of it today...

Funny this thread got bumped, i had recently pulled my YF30 out of storage to fiddle with it in anticipation of the VF-31J preorder

It's a good design, and the VF-31J just dumps a shitload more features and refinement (hopefully) into it

The panels that cover the hands in fighter mode is the most awkward part of the 30, but the 31 designs smooths it out

Edited by OptionZero

Funny this thread got bumped, i had recently pulled my YF30 out of storage to fiddle with it in anticipation of the VF-31J preorder

It's a good design, and the VF-31J just dumps a shitload more features and refinement (hopefully) into it

The panels that cover the hands in fighter mode is the most awkward part of the 30, but the 31 designs smooths it out

well yeah I suppose the 31 is really just an evolution of the 30 so you'd expect a few refinements and improvements! Im just not so keen on the new rear undercarriage design.. but I guess im not so fussed as I simply wont display it with gear extended. Easy!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love if we could get a YF-30 model kit and make a kitbash of the two designs. VF-31 overall, but with the YF-30's legs and spine/pod connection.

My only real gripe with the YF-30 was always the tails though.. they just kinda suck all around (and around, and around.. :p). Would love to see it reworked to use the 31's tails.

I'd love if we could get a YF-30 model kit and make a kitbash of the two designs. VF-31 overall, but with the YF-30's legs and spine/pod connection.

My only real gripe with the YF-30 was always the tails though.. they just kinda suck all around (and around, and around.. :p). Would love to see it reworked to use the 31's tails.

They just needed to be able to lock in place then they would be fine. Though i'd like to see a variant that move the tail wings to the back of the legs.

Edited by Sandman

I'd guess it's very unlikely? The main attachment on the Bandai hardpoints seems to be the pylons clipping in, with the pegs not really serving as much support.

With a little work to the pylons, you might be able to get those weapons to peg in (and they might stay reasonably well with just the pegs even), but I don't know how difficult it would be, or how much reshaping it would take to get the pylons to clip securely.

I like it as an idea, i am going to pick up a set and give it a try. If it dosen't work i am sure i will find a use the the missiles elsewhere down the line.

I also had a look at the Hasegawa set which is very similar. The attachment points for the pylons to the wings wouldn't work at all.

Eh, sort of. The YF-30 is a prototype that was used as the basis of the less expensive, less capable VF-31A Kairos. The Kairos, in turn, was used as the foundation of the more capable VF-31C/F/J/S Siegfried. And why Siegfried? It ties in to the Wagnerian method of naming things in this series, what with Walküre and all. I don't think the reason for the name has been explained.

*does Seto Kaiba Summon*