Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

When I was doing my photo shoot for it, transforming it around, and putting it in different poses, there honestly wasn't any point where the braces would have provided me any real benefit.

It's just like the wing pegs for 171EX. Some people had theirs pop out just looking at them funny. Mine never came out on their own and, in fact, I had to struggle to pull mine out so that I could change the wings.

Same here. I've posed the toy quite a bit over the last couple weeks in battroid mode and nothing has come loose or made me think I should use the bracket. Hopefully it wont loosen over time on its own like my other Bandai Frontier toys.

Never had the wing issue on either the Alto or CF 171 toys either. Not saying it wasn't an issue, just that the tolerances of these mass produced toys can vary enough to give different people different experiences.

I have a question on the YF-30 figure. Not sure if somebody already asked this. I just recently finished the Macross 30 game a few weeks ago. And this is after I received the DX figure. I noticed that on the amv clip during the final boss fight, the YF-30 has a white and grey hand like the VF-25F has. Did anyone noticed this before? But all the in-game valk photo shows somehow a grey hand. Now, looking at the clip, it would nice too if it comes with the dirty white/grey colored hand. ^_^

post-5552-0-38012600-1411758430_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-52559400-1411758440_thumb.jpg

Also, some things worth (anime-magic) noticing, in the amv clip, it doesn't show where the hands tucked in. The area on the legs where the SMS logo located is, it's just floating besides the wing. :lol:

post-5552-0-53699300-1411758448_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-90660500-1411758456_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-74889800-1411758469_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

anyway, the toy is still available at amiami at discounted rate. I wonder how many will say that they want the toy when it is no longer available :rolleyes:

edit:

I think they just went full lazy or cheaper model since painting the hand white will add time/cost.

Edited by chyll2

anyway, the toy is still available at amiami at discounted rate. I wonder how many will say that they want the toy when it is no longer available :rolleyes:

edit:

I think they just went full lazy or cheaper model since painting the hand white will add time/cost.

Best guess is that it's still available at AmiAmi because they limit purchases to (1) per account. It was the same with the subsequent availability of the 25F and YF-25, those that may have been inclined to buy another from AmiAmi simply cannot.

-b.

I still have mine sitting in HLJ's Private Warehouse. Waiting until this Friday to place the shipment request for it, along with a whole lot of other stuff; I'm likely to have it by no later than the end of next week... my discipline has been sorely tested, though. :wacko:

Ah, screw it. I just ordered one of these from AmiAmi. I wish I had jumped on the bandwagon sooner, but the tailfins still drive me crazy.

I coated the locating lugs / pins in a thin layer of clear nail polish and they are much firmer and hold in place better. Far more resistant to accidental display adjustment / handling knocks!

Same here. I've posed the toy quite a bit over the last couple weeks in battroid mode and nothing has come loose or made me think I should use the bracket. Hopefully it wont loosen over time on its own like my other Bandai Frontier toys.

Never had the wing issue on either the Alto or CF 171 toys either. Not saying it wasn't an issue, just that the tolerances of these mass produced toys can vary enough to give different people different experiences.

I must be doing something wrong then. Every time I move it slightly in battroid mode the stomach untabs from the waist. If not for the bracket the battroid mode would be good for posing alone.

This figure has me so conflicted. Jet mode is pure sex. Gerwalk with the missile container stowed is perfectly tight, the joints are all great, the transformation is simple and fun.....it's just robot mode needs a damn bracket! AGH. The toy is literally 90% perfect.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to strengthen the battroid without using a bracket, let me know. It bugs me so much that I will probably end up selling it if there isn't a fix. I can't believe Bandai dropped the ball so hard on this. It's like the Macross Quarter all over again. For a toy this pricey, it should be able to support its own damn weight.

I have a question on the YF-30 figure. Not sure if somebody already asked this. I just recently finished the Macross 30 game a few weeks ago. And this is after I received the DX figure. I noticed that on the amv clip during the final boss fight, the YF-30 has a white and grey hand like the VF-25F has. Did anyone noticed this before? But all the in-game valk photo shows somehow a grey hand. Now, looking at the clip, it would nice too if it comes with the dirty white/grey colored hand. ^_^

Didn't notice that since I've never played the game, but I swapped the hands out for spare fixed pose ones from my Alto the first day I got mine. the white hands looks so much better (and hold stuff better too for some reason).

Think I'll break out my 30 this weekend.

Poor neglected YF-30.

I'd flip for a low vis or "real world" paint scheme on any subsequent releases, I'd keep that one in Fighter mode even though I'm one of the few that's not a fan of the rounder canopy.

-b.

Finally opened my 30th. I really like the finish on it over the Frontier valks. Makes me wonder what Bandai could do with a VF-1 of their own design.

Not too worried about the tail fins, as they seem to be staying in place for now.

Not sure when I'll transform it, think I might hang it in my detolf with fishing wire :D

Edited by Gakken85

Finally opened my 30th. I really like the finish on it over the Frontier valks. Makes me wonder what Bandai could do with a VF-1 of their own design.

Not too worried about the tail fins, as they seem to be staying in place for now.

Not sure when I'll transform it, think I might hang it in my detolf with fishing wire :D

Agree, I was re-configuring my display area and I wanted to have my 30 in Battroid next to a 25F also in Battroid but the matte finish next to the gloss finish look so "off".

While I don't necessarily want Bandai to look at VF-1's I would be tempted to double-dip into the Frontier line if they released Valkyries in a matte finish. The VF-1's would be a harder sell (for me) because I'm quite happy with Yamato/Arcadia on that front.

-b.

What do you guys think the odds are that they would release repaints of this in other colors? I haven't played Macross 30 so I don't know if those other colored versions are attached to any characters or not. If not, I think chances of repaints are very slim.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

What do you guys think the odds are that they would release repaints of this in other colors? I haven't played Macross 30 so I don't know if those other colored versions are attached to any characters or not. If not, I think chances of repaints are very slim.

My guess is that they'll most likely release repaints, if for no other reason to maximize profit on the mold. There were (4) repaints of the 29 so I'd wager "for" vs. "against".

But one never knows.

-b.

Yeah, but 3 of those repaints were tied to major characters and one was a special case 30th anniversary repaint.

The only thing I really see going for the chances of repaints is making more use of the mold.

Thus far, I haven't seen Bandai release anything Macross related if it wasn't either tied to a character or featured in the show or elsewhere.

I just don't have any idea if the repaints like the black/purple or red/black versions fit any of the above.

But like you say, one never knows. It's the first time, I think, that they released a whole new design (YF-30) plus variants of a pre-existing design (new heads for YF-29) that was only in a game.

I am pretty sure they'll release repaints, to maximize the mold. As for them tied to major characters, I am pretty sure Bandai will just tie it in. Much like the YF-29 30th Memorial edition. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Ozma Yf-30 and maybe even a Focker color scheme.